UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > ***Happy Birthday Mary!***

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Im sure GL will find a suitably appropriate cake!

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22181 comments all the best :-)

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9139 comments Happy Birthday Mary! Have a good one

message 4: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25096 comments Have a lovely day and INSIST they spoil you! X

message 5: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Happy birthday to yoooooooo

message 6: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Appleby-Dean (benjaminappleby-dean) Many happy returns!

message 7: by Will (new)

Will Once (willonce) | 4053 comments Happy birthday!

message 8: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments Have a fantastic day, Mary.

message 9: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Happy birthday. Have a great one

message 10: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Ehrhardt (aliciabutcherehrhardt) | 4620 comments May it be the best one yet, Mary.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Is this what you had in mind, Patti?

message 12: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments I'll have a slice of that, please...

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Will wrote: "I'll have a slice of that, please..."

Help yourself, but do leave a bit for Mary :)

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments Happy Birthday, Mary. Wishing you time to spare x

message 15: by M.T. (last edited Jun 12, 2018 01:21PM) (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7862 comments Hello everybody peps! I do, finally, have time to spare upon my return from the Chinese buffet so full of food that I was worried, at one point, that I might actually burst! Phnark.

That is a fine cake. This year McMini is not having a cake wreck from me, we’re getting someone proper to do it. Can’t wait to see it!

McOther’s contribution was an iPad Pro which is a bigger, faster one than the little mini one I had, with better internet a keyboard and a pencil with which I hope to do some drawing. The pencil is called an iPencil which sounds weird.

One of the wonderful things about getting to my age is shocking young people. At the buffet table a young man in his 20s or 30s was havering over some dish.

‘What’s that one?’ I asked him, grateful that there was someone to read the name on the lid because the way my eyes are, this kind of thing can be rather more guesswork than reading and a bit of a lottery these days.
‘Chicken balls,’ he said.
‘I always wonder what happens to the rest of the chicken,’ I replied.
He guffawed which was great because it’s always nice to get a laugh but he was clearly extremely shocked and surprised as well. So not only had I made him laugh but for a few moments, before I opened my potty mouth, I had him convinced I was a real adult.

Cheers

MTM

message 16: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18544 comments Happy belated birthday Mary!!

message 17: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7862 comments Eee thanks pet.

To be honest, it wasn't the best of fun due to a dispute that seems to be developing with Mum and Dad's neighbour. There was a lot of it that day and a lot of it yesterday.

It's doing my head in.

Cheers

MTM

message 18: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18544 comments You'll have to pick another day to celebrate and make up for it

message 19: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7862 comments Yep. I certainly will. Did have a lovely dinner at the Chinese Buffet in town with McMini and McOther though so bits were lovely.