YA Addicts discussion

Supplies Spell -it- Out

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joi (new)

Joi | 137 comments Mod
So I don't now about you all, but I go back to school in August so I decided to crate a Spell-It-Out challenge with the school theme.

This challenge will run from tomorrow the 1st of August to September 31st. This means that this challenge will be 2 months long. If enough people participate, then it can be a challenge and I will provide a prize (TBA).

Rules: Pick 10 of the following words and spell them out using the first letter of the title of a book. If you pick two words that work together, then you get two points.

1. Pencil
2. Paper
3. Computer
4. Notebook
5. Index Cards (2 Points)
6. Markers
7. Textbooks
8. Backpacks
9. Flash Drive (2 Points)
10. Stapler
11. Page Protectors (2 Points)
12. Gum
13. Headphones
14. Binder
15. Divider
16. Glue
17. Post-Its
18. Highlighters
19. Ruler
20. White Board (2 points)

-As I stated before, these words must be spelled out.

OR: You can read books with these items in them or on the cover. (One book per item). So you can't see a pencil on the cover and see glue in the book...one or the other. With this way, you only get half the points. So it'll be half a point for each one word and 1 point for the two words.

You can choose either one of these options to do. I hope you all enjoy this challenge. Sign up here and post your questions down below, if you have any.

message 2: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (Poffium) | 14 comments Are the longer words worth more, though? Spelling out backpacks is a lot harder than spelling out paper or glue.

message 3: by Joi (new)

Joi | 137 comments Mod
Cassie wrote: "Are the longer words worth more, though? Spelling out backpacks is a lot harder than spelling out paper or glue."

That's a good question. I guess I could make compound words worth two points.