Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Song of the Beast
This topic is about Song of the Beast
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Song of the Beast [June 23, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - added it

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4607 comments Mod
Carol Berg - Song of the Beast. Starting June 23rd.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Spot. :)

message 3: by Tammie (last edited Jun 21, 2018 11:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 4373 comments I'm starting this a little early because I'll probably be a little slow.

message 4: by Mayim (new) - added it

Mayim de Vries | 2948 comments Tempted.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments I'll start it tomorrow also Tammie. How are you reading it? A few chapters a day?

message 6: by Tammie (last edited Jun 22, 2018 11:14AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 4373 comments Laura wrote: "I'll start it tomorrow also Tammie. How are you reading it? A few chapters a day?"

Yes a few chapters a day is what I was planning on. Although yesterday I realized I need to get through it faster because I have another book I have to read by the end of the month, so I'm going to try to do 100 pages a day now. That probably won't end up happening, but I'm going to try.

Tammie | 4373 comments By the way, I'm really enjoying this so far. I feel so bad for the main character and everything he's been through.

message 8: by Sha (new) - added it

Sha | 1522 comments Starting it~

//tomorrow is a sunday so i will read everything and see which ones i want to continue

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments this one is a winner Sha! better keep it. :)

message 10: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2386 comments I will start this in evening.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments up to chapter 5

This book grabbed me from the very first paragraph.
what they did to Aiden and how he survived for 17 years while keeping his sanity is beyond me.
I feel so very sorry for him and I wonder why he was put through all of that?
(view spoiler)

The writing is beautiful and I love the way Carol talks about the music.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments from chapter 10

So the 7 gods are (view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments chapter 14 and the first paragraphs of 15

So Aiden found (view spoiler)
And I don't like Lara. something like dislike at first sight, perhaps because of her sunny personality. :D

Tammie | 4373 comments Laura wrote: "up to chapter 5

This book grabbed me from the very first paragraph.
what they did to Aiden and how he survived for 17 years while keeping his sanity is beyond me.
I feel so very sorry for him and ..."

It grabbed me from the start too. I wondered the same things about the dragons when I was reading that part. I'm in chapter 13 now. I fell short on my goal of 100 pages yesterday. Hopefully I'll get a lot more reading in tonight.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments That's ok Tammie. I read a lot because I was stuck in the hospital yesterday with only this book for company. :)

Chapter 24
Is it Narim who was responsible for (view spoiler)
Can that be?

And I do like Lara a lot better now.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Chapter 25

(view spoiler)

Dear God! That is absolutely horrible!!

Tammie | 4373 comments In chapter 21. Lara is growing on me and I've been wondering about what you mentioned in your spoiler there for chapter 24. Yes I peaked even though I haven't gotten there yet! (view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Tammie wrote: "In chapter 21. Lara is growing on me and I've been wondering about what you mentioned in your spoiler there for chapter 24. Yes I peaked even though I haven't gotten there yet! [spoilers removed]"

That really didn't cross my mind. So the sudden suspicion caught me a bit off guard. But they are real scheemers. Very true.
And somehow I had missed it there in the beginning that they were something other than human(view spoiler)
I either missed or didn't get that part. Did you?

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Chapter 33

Why that horrid wretched pittiful excuse of a being! And how come I didn't see this coming?!
(view spoiler)

Tammie | 4373 comments To me the Elhim seem to be based a bit on elves.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Tammie wrote: "To me the Elhim seem to be based a bit on elves."

A ragged and disgraced kind of elves. :D
But true. Apearance, age and features do sound similar. I agree.

message 22: by Tammie (last edited Jun 25, 2018 12:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 4373 comments Laura wrote: "Chapter 25

[spoilers removed]

Dear God! That is absolutely horrible!!"

Agreed! That made me ill.

I'm in chapter 26. Is it just me or do all fantasy authors somehow manage to include a fancy ball in their books?

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments 😁😁they do seem to manage that, don't they?

What do you think about Lara's shoes?

message 24: by Tammie (last edited Jun 26, 2018 08:27AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 4373 comments Laura wrote: "😁😁they do seem to manage that, don't they?

What do you think about Lara's shoes?"

Lara's shoes were like those barefoot sandals. https://www.catherinecole.com/collect...

(view spoiler)

Tammie | 4373 comments Laura wrote: "Chapter 33

Why that horrid wretched pittiful excuse of a being! And how come I didn't see this coming?! ..."

(view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Wow! Thank you for posting that link. I didn't even know those existed! And they are beautiful. :)

And even I thought that was very sweet of him. I also kept wondering how Lara can be so blind to his feelings. Maybe because of all that hurt and hatred for herself.

Tammie | 4373 comments I finished last night. I liked this book so much. I wasn't completely happy with the ending (view spoiler) but overall this was excellent. The story was so compelling and it had just the right amount of romance for me. It's the first book I've read by Carol Berg and I really like her writing style. I'm going to have to read more of her books now!

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Tammie wrote: "Laura wrote: "Chapter 33

Why that horrid wretched pittiful excuse of a being! And how come I didn't see this coming?! ..."

[spoilers removed]"

I don't know if I liked a lot him but I trusted him. Maybe that's why I didn't see it coming despite of Lara's little slips regarding betrayal.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Tammie wrote: "I finished last night. I liked this book so much. I wasn't completely happy with the ending [spoilers removed] but overall this was excellent. The story was so compelling and it had just the right ..."

I felt exactly the same but then I thought about it a little and (view spoiler)

I'm also planning on reading more of her books this year. This one was fabulous.

Tammie | 4373 comments Laura wrote: "Wow! Thank you for posting that link. I didn't even know those existed! And they are beautiful. :)

And even I thought that was very sweet of him. I also kept wondering how Lara can be so blind to ..."

Yeah it did seem pretty obvious that he loved her.