Moonlight, Lace and Mayhem - Adult Romance Books discussion

Reading Suggestions > Philippa Gregory - Which of her novels do you like best?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Hinkel-Gill (carriehgill) | 8 comments Mod
I have listened to several books by Philippa Gregory and I have read, Zelda's Cut, a non-historical novel she wrote.

While I think Philippa is a great author, I wasn't a fan of Zelda's Cut.

So, for those of you who have read her books and have seen her movies, which book(s) do you like best?

So far, I have liked every historical book I listened to (The Other Boleyn Girl, The Boleyn Inheritance) and I am looking forward to more of them.

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellywriter) | 2 comments I've never read anything by her. I liked the movie The Other Boleyn Girl though. I'll have to try her out.

Kelly
www.kellyabellbooks.com

message 3: by Carrie (new)

She's a very strong historical author. When you read, you get some education on what happened in that era. Very cool for someone like me.

If thicker, deeply historical books aren't your style, listening to the audio versions might be better for you.

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellywriter) | 2 comments I like deeply historical books. I'm going to add her to my TBR list.

message 5: by Carrie (new)

You won't regret it then!

If you're really into deep historical novels, then you might want to add the novel Lady MacBeth by Susan Fraser King. This is more about the real Lady MacBeth and not the one of Shakespeare's play. It started out to thick for me, but I think I just wasn't as in the mood for it. If you read it, let me know what you think of it.