quq  (190511) | 2702 comments Mod
((Magdelana!!! Hiii))

message 2: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments ((Hi!))

message 3: by quq , armin luvr (new)

((Do you want me to start?))

message 4: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments ((Yeah that would be great I have no clue how to start I'm not super creative))

message 5: by quq , armin luvr (new)

((Haha ok))

Griffin sat at one of the docks, watching some Athena kids out on the lake. He wished he had their strategic battle skills, but at least he was good at some things. Even if they were stereotypical for an Apollo kid.

message 6: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments ((Just warn you idk where I'm going with this))

"There you are." Sabella said when she finally found Griffin at the docks. "I've been looking for you."

message 7: by quq , armin luvr (new)

((Lol ok I’ll pick it up))

message 8: by quq , armin luvr (last edited Jun 13, 2018 05:06PM) (new)

“What?” He frowned for a second, and then remembered. “Right, sorry. I got the notes.” He had stolen them, actually, from Bri, whose handwriting was way more legible than his would ever be.

((He’s teaching her archery))

message 9: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments ((Ok perfect thanks))

"So you'll help me?" She asked him. "Glen is always rubbing it in my face how much better he is at archery than me. It's ridiculous he's not even a child of Apollo."

message 10: by quq , armin luvr (last edited Jun 13, 2018 05:08PM) (new)

"Yeah," He told her. He stood up and handed her the notes. "I bet he is," Griffin joked. "Or else you wouldn't need my help. It's proof."

message 11: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments ((Wait so I'm confused what's on the notes?))

message 12: by quq , armin luvr (new)

((Um … a diagram of a bow? So she can see how it works))

message 13: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments ((ah got it))

She smiled taking the notes and studying them a moment her hair turning midnight blue the way it always did when she concentrated.

message 14: by quq , armin luvr (new)

((Btw I don’t know her appearance. My computer has a restriction or something and I can’t see it so could you send the link again?))

Griffin stared at her hair as it changed colors. It turned into his favorite color, strangely enough, and her concentrated face was his favorite of hers too. He frowned at his thoughts but kept quiet.

message 15: by Magdalena (last edited Jul 03, 2018 07:28PM) (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments ((K sent the link and I'm also just pasting it here in case I did it wrong.

Name: Sabella Redrun

Godly Parent: Persephone

Species: Demigod

Appearance:https://orig00.deviantart.net/c567/f/...

Personality: Bubbly and open, independent knows her mind and dosn't mind sharing it, kind of a girly girl, makes friends easily, loves art.

History: She and her twin brother grew up with their grandparents until monsters started coming after them and they had to run away to keep their grandparents safe.
They found the camp when they where 15.

Non-godly abilities: Painting, drawing, great with a sword.

Godly abilities: Hair that changes color along with her moods. Can sometimes predict the weather.

Family:
Mother: Persephone
Father: Robert Redrun
Grandparents: Joe and Louise Redrun
Siblings: brother named Glen Redrun

Other: Enjoys walks in nature and classical music))

Sebella felt Griffin watching her and realized her hair was acting up again. Gods he probably thinks I'm a freak. She thought before shaking her her head to clear it. Why should she care what he thought of her?

message 16: by quq , armin luvr (new)

((Says invalid link
Maybe double click on the photo and click “open in new tab” and send me that link?))

He pointed at a rather confusing diagram. “I can explain this one if you want. Bri got a little messy there.”

message 17: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments ((Ok hopefully this will work
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&r...))

She squinted at the one he was pointing to. "That would be great." She said smiling. "Bri's drawings are amazing I'm just terrible at anything to do with archery."

message 18: by quq , armin luvr (new)

((Nooo!!! Ok something is wrong with my computer I’m sorry! Can you describe her for me?))

He smiled and squinted at the drawing. “This is the bow grip, and that’s where you would hold the bow using your — are you left or right-handed?” He ceased his pointing to examine her hands.

message 19: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments ((No I'm sorry! I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Ok last try https://orig00.deviantart.net/c567/f/... I'll also describe her. So she's about medium height, thin but strong with super long hair and green eyes.))

She grew self-conscious at the question. "Well," she said. "I used to be left handed but one of the monsters I fought before I made to camp left me with a pretty bad burn on that hand so I'm trying to learn to use my right hand."

message 20: by quq , armin luvr (new)

((OOOH PRETTY IT WORKED!!! is her hair brown or green?))

“How long ago was it?” His smile quickly turned into a frown at the thought of her being injured. “Are you okay?” He asked more quietly. “Does it still hurt?”

message 21: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments ((Oh good! It can turn to any color, I just couldn't find a good pic of it with all of them))

"No," She said quickly rubbing her scarred hand absentmindedly. "It was two years ago. It does tingle a bit strangely sometimes."

message 22: by quq , armin luvr (new)

((Ohhh, right dUh
I’m just gonna imagine her like the picture of beauty so then she deserves my child XD))

“Oh.” He schooled his features into a smile again. “So, right-handed? You would hold the grip in your -” he took a minute to consider it. “Left hand. If that doesn’t hurt?”

message 23: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments "Yeah, my fingers are still a little stiff and clumsy but I can try that." She said with a smile.

message 24: by quq , armin luvr (new)

“Okay, great.” He pointed to the bowstring. “You want to nock your arrow above that little marker on the string, and then use these fingers —” he took her hand and tapped the three “— to pull back the arrow. Two below, one above.”

message 25: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments She listened nodding. "I think I can manage that." She said. Ignoring the way her heart skipped a beat when he took her hand.

message 26: by quq , armin luvr (new)

“Wanna go practice?” He offered, dropping her hand reluctantly. He didn’t want to seem like a perverted weirdo by holding it for too long, but … He cleared his head and folded up the drawing.

message 27: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments "Yes!" She said excitedly. Wondering momentarily why she felt disappointed when he dropped her hand. "I'd love to."

message 28: by quq , armin luvr (last edited Jun 19, 2018 07:54PM) (new)

“I think I left my bow in my cabin … be right back,” he said as he ran across the camp to the Apollo cabin. A minute later he was back with his bow and a full quiver of light arrows. “This might actually not be the right size, but we can adjust some things,” he told her, not adding that he had never let anyone on the face of the earth use his bow, much less adjust his bow to fit them, except for maybe Elise, back when he thought she had potential.

message 29: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments She watched him go flexing her hand and hoping she wouldn't make a fool of herself.

message 30: by quq , armin luvr (new)

“Okay. Remember which hand holds the grip?” He asked, holding the bow out to her after adjusting a few things to make it less unwieldy for her.

message 31: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments "Um, my left hand right?" She asked taking the bow carefully. She didn't know about Griffin but she knew when came to her brother his bow was most treasured possession and she could be pretty uncoordinated.

message 32: by quq , armin luvr (new)

He thought for a second. “Yeah, left hand.” He tried not to flinch when the bow left his hand.

message 33: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments "So where should we practice?" She asked. "It's pretty crowded around here and a don't want to accidentally shoot anybody."

message 34: by quq , armin luvr (new)

“We could go to the archery range,” he offered, “or we could go to my cabin, or we could go over there.” He pointed to a clear spot on the lake’s beach that bordered the woods. “We could practice on trees.”

message 35: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments She took a moment to consider. "The trees are a good idea since we're already here. Maybe I'll even manage to hit one." She joked.

message 36: by quq , armin luvr (new)

He laughed. “I’m sure you’ll hit one eventually. Might not be the one you intend, but you’ll hit one.” He said confidently.

message 37: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments "I hope so." She said with a smile as they headed for the trees.

message 38: by quq , armin luvr (new)

Once they reached the edge of the lake, he took the quiver from where it was slung across his shoulder and set it down, pulling out the lightest arrow first. “Try this.” He handed it to her, fletching first.

message 39: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments Taking the arrow nervously she notched it onto the bow placing her fingers on the string around the arrow before aiming it at the tree. Her fingers felt even more stiff and useless then usual.

message 40: by quq , armin luvr (new)

“Hold on.” He intercepted her before she could shoot. “Your elbow should be here —” He put his fingers over hers — classic move — and showed her how to draw back the arrow. “Almost to your ear, but not quite.”

message 41: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments She paused and readjusted her elbow, pulling back her shoulder blades before letting the arrow fly. It stuck in the ground a few feet from one of the trees.

message 42: by quq , armin luvr (new)

Griffin watched her stance and the way she pulled the arrow back the second time. “Aim up, and a little to the left,” he told her. “And pull it back farther, but don’t let the fletching touch your face.”

message 43: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments Sabella shifted her aim a little the way he said and let loose another arrow. It went a little farther but still missed the tree she'd been aiming at by a few feet. "Told you I was bad at this." She said with a laugh.

message 44: by quq , armin luvr (new)

“It’s only your second shot in, like, ever,” he reasoned, not mentioning that the first time he picked up his bow he hit a bull’s eye. But he was a child of Apollo, so that only made sense. “Try again, and turn your body this way. Parallel to the tree.” He showed her the stance.

message 45: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments She turned her body trying to mirror his stance and aimed again keeping her breath as steady as she could determined not to miss this time. When she released the arrow it flew straight and far embedding itself in one of the trees.

message 46: by quq , armin luvr (new)

He raised an eyebrow, impressed. “Was that the tree you were aiming for?”

message 47: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments "It was actually." She said feeling as surprised as he looked.

message 48: by quq , armin luvr (new)

“Oh wow. Good job.” He was actually impressed. On her third shot ever, she has managed to hit the target. He had to give her some credit for that. “Try again. Aim for a tree that’s a little farther away this time.”

message 49: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 73 comments She looked though the trees until she found a big one much farther away, notched another arrow and tried again. It buried itself in her target. She tried a few more times until the tree was covered in arrows.

message 50: by quq , armin luvr (new)

“Whoa. I am actually impressed. You’re not even Apollo, are you?” He hated it, but he couldn’t remember her godly parent. ((Don’t blame Griffey it’s all me and my awful memory))

« previous 1