FSW Cohort discussion

#30BookSummer

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valeriejeand) | 2 comments Mod
Hello!! I just started following a tread on Instagram called #30booksummer that a lot of educators are getting in on and thought it could be fun to do in this group! Let’s see if we can each read 30 books this summer! Post with a list of books you have already read this summer and which of those you would recommend to everyone else. Then as you read new books post them here.

There are about 8 weeks left of summer. If I read about 2 books a week that’ll put me at 16 books. I will have to see how many books I have read already and see if that’ll reach my goal!

What’s your goal?!?

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valeriejeand) | 2 comments Mod
Ok so I am trying to read as many upper elementary (closer to 5th grade) books as I can to get ready for next year. I have enjoyed all my books so far....

For summer so far I have read... (N)= Newbery book

Paper Things by Jennifer Richard Jacobson
Esperanza Rising (N) by Pam Muñoz Ryan
Fish In A Tree by Lynda Hunt
Save Me a Seat by Sarah Weeks

I’m currently reading....
Rules by Cynthia Lord (N) and Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos (N)

I was reading The Girl Who Drank The Moon (N) by Kelly Barnhill but I took a break from it.... my favorite genres are realistic and historical fiction and this one is fantasy-ish with witches so I wasn’t totally into it... I may revisit it to expand to connect with more of my future students.

In definitely going to have to up my goal of 2 per week. There are 7 more weeks left of summer... that’s like 3.5-4 books a week! I will try my best... thank god for Audible and Vk.com!