What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Far Pavilions
This topic is about The Far Pavilions
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historic desert romance/suspense/thriller, forbidden love with Muslim woman. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Sparks Looking for a historic romance/suspense/thriller written by an English or American female writer, possibly in the 80's. I think the story was set in Pakistan or Afghanistan and involves a young man who falls in love with a Muslim woman. It's not about religion or sex, more about forbidden love and the desire to be with someone you are in love with against all odds. I think either the man or the woman was an orphan as a child and his/her father was a Russian explorer. Her sister gets married to a Pakistan prince, I think but he dies and her sister must throw herself on the funeral pyre. It was a really good book that I didn't finish because I gave it to someone to read and never got it back. I think the cover was orange and pink.

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments This sounds a lot like The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye which was set in India.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy Sparks That's it! Thank you so much! You are awesome! It was driving me crazy that I couldn't think of this book!

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments You're very welcome Amy!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Far Pavilions (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

M.M. Kaye (other topics)