AMERICAN HISTORICAL NOVELS discussion

What are your thoughts about the afterlife?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eldonna (new)

Eldonna Edwards In THIS I KNOW Grace regularly converses with her twin, Isaac, who didn't survive their birth. Do you believe communication with someone in the afterlife is possible?

From THIS I KNOW:

That’s why I love the closet in my bedroom. It’s the closest I can get to being back where we started. I like to sit on the rickety board over the heating duct that runs between my room and Hope’s. If I’m real quiet I can imagine the thrum of the furnace is Mama’s heartbeat. And this is where Isaac sometimes comes to visit me. Not in his body, but in a place that is both inside and outside of me. I hear his voice and I feel his presence just like I know my cat, Pippy, is at the end of my bed even when we’re not touching. I only have to call my brother inside my mind and just like Pippy he shows up.

message 2: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (new)

Rebecca Rosenberg (rebeccarosenberg) | 270 comments Mod
Do you? I have been at medium shows and seen amazing proof, like a deceased loved one speaking to her family, but I have never experienced it personally.

message 3: by Eldonna (new)

Eldonna Edwards I don't believe we can literally speak with the dead but I do know that all energy continues to exist in some form and I remain in awe of the unknowable.

Rebecca wrote: "Do you? I have been at medium shows and seen amazing proof, like a deceased loved one speaking to her family, but I have never experienced it personally."

message 4: by Beverly (new)

Beverly I agree that as physical human beings I don't think we can talk literally speak with the dead but I think we can get messages if we are open to receiving them and aware of the spiritual or intuitive way we can receive.

message 5: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (new)

Rebecca Rosenberg (rebeccarosenberg) | 270 comments Mod
I agree, Beverly. Well said!