The Princess Bride The Princess Bride question

Book vs. Movie: Who wins?
A Novel Adaptation A Novel Jun 11, 2018 10:52AM
We like the book, but the movie is impeccable. Do you agree?

I prefer the feel of a good book in my hands but the movie is hilarious.

I love the book and the movie. I agree with the above comments. It was years ago when I read the book, but I remember that it seemed like I was looking through the notes on Mr. Goldman's desk. I loved his unique style of interrupting his own writing.

I watched the movie WAY before I ever picked up the book; I love both and I feel like they're both incomparable but also fit perfectly together? Hard to say which I like better.

Probably easier to say I love them in different ways like- warm socks or a fluffy blanket? Both. Obviously. Please

Hmmm.. how about this...

The book is better than the movie, BUT the movie is Perfect.

A Novel Adaptation We can definitely agree there
Jun 14, 2018 09:39AM · flag

I loved the movie before I read the book and it is still one of my favorites. The director stayed true to all the great lines from the book and incorporated them into the movie, making them all-time memorable famous quotes now. I personally enjoyed the book more just because it gave Inigo and Fezzick backstories that made them who they were (ex: Inigo's father and how he was killed and why; Fezzick's rhyming and how he met Inigo and Vizzini)

Both are amazing!! I won’t choose!! You can’t make me choose!!!

Okay... maybe the movie.... but just by a teensy little bit! But my hardcover storybook edition of the book is pure perfection!!