Goodreads Inspired Read-A-Thon discussion

Your favorite LGBTQ+ books

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sara ➽ Ink Is My Sword (inkismysword) | 45 comments Mod
Share your favorite books with LGBTQ+ representation in them.

Also, stay tuned for the pride round of the read-a-thon.

message 2: by Enne (new)

Enne (worldsofwords) oooh, oooh, I want in.

Autoboyography and How to Make a Wish have amazing bi rep, and are overall just very sweet reads that also do a great job dealing with difficult topics.

Release by Patrick Ness is a bit heavier that the two above, but I also adore it with all of my heart.

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue does a great job handling a lot of difficult topics in a very honest, yet careful way.

Of Fire and Stars has a wonderful f/f relationship and it's set in a world without homophobia and it has a great magic system and hugaehueghutw the characters are so precious.

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and Leah on the Offbeat are both fluffy, very diverse, and have great representation.

More Happy Than Not, History Is All You Left Me, and They Both Die at the End are all wonderfully written tear-jerkers with great characters.

The Every Heart a Doorway series features a lot of characters who are a part of the LGBTQIAP+ community without that being the main focus of the books.

The And I Darken series does a wonderful job dealing with internalized homophobia.

Finally, Radio Silence has an almost all-queer character cast, with a large amount of them being PoC, and this book isn't focused on romance!! It's a book about friendship and the story is so mesmerizing!!

(i'm sorry that was a very long list xD)

message 3: by *Sophie* (new)

*Sophie* (booksandbackflips) | 8 comments Mod
I loved They Both Die at the End

message 4: by Warda (new)

Warda (wsharif) | 16 comments Mod
I’ll Give You the Sun
The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue
We Are Okay
They Both Die At the End
The Upside of Unrequited
The Raven Boys (series)
More Than This and Release by Patrick Ness