All the Books! discussion

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)
This topic is about Dead Until Dark
All the TV shows! > True Blood

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Since we're reading the series in a buddy read, I thought I'd put up the TV show that they turned it into!

message 2: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments I really liked this series. I watched it years ago when it was first out.
I may need to watch it again, especially now that the books and show are pretty different. Some of the actors are spot on but others I picture so different. Eric, Sam, Pam all perfect. I don't know about Bill.

message 3: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I think I want to watch it now too seeing as how invested I am in the book.

message 4: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited Aug 22, 2018 04:42AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
okay, I watched the first episode and I have some issues.

(view spoiler)

Okay, I've had a little time to think about it..
(view spoiler)

message 5: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments Sookie actually grows on me, I didn't like her at first, but I think she does the character justice.
Sara Issues (view spoiler)

message 6: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Okay, that makes me feel better Brandy. I'll definitely keep watching. The first episodes are never the best anyway so I like to at least watch 3-4 before calling it quits.

(view spoiler)

message 7: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments I forgot about this thread! I am ready to start whenever you would like.

message 8: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I'll start after work today :)

message 9: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments I will start tonight! I don't think I should watch that one at work lol. But I will be home alone tonight and tomorrow. so I should be able to get at least a few episodes in

message 10: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Yeah, I won't watch this one at work... probably not with the BF either. This is a by myself show haha

message 11: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments I did get a few episodes in over the weekend. Yeah I don't watch with the bf either. But only cause I think he would hate it. And I would rather torture him with bad reality tv.

message 12: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Haha not bad. I didn't get to watch any this weekend, but I'm watching a couple now.

message 13: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited Jan 16, 2019 09:01AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Okay I've watched 3 episodes so far. (view spoiler)

On to Episode 4 tonight.

message 14: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments Sara wrote: "Okay I've watched 3 episodes so far. [spoilers removed]

On to Episode 4 tonight."

that is HBO for you. But I don't think it lightens up either.

message 15: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Yeah I kind of figured it wouldn't. It was like that for GoT too so I'm prepared lol. But the books are pretty graphic too, so it makes sense.

message 16: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments I did have a hard time watching the fight. (view spoiler) and I don't know if any vamps have been staked yet but from what I remember it is pretty gross. Buffy was much cleaner

message 17: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I had a hard time watching that fight too. I just finished episode 6 tonight. I have a real problem with jason. I really dislike his character. I never cared for him in the books either, but the show just brings out my dislike for him even more. Also I don't love who plays Pam and Eric. I've only seen them once so far, so I may still change my mind. I envisioned Pam differently.

message 18: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments I think that Jason is a tool. He was in the books too, so I think it was pretty good casting. Pretty and dumb.
I love Pam and Eric! Her outfits are so perfect too. I can't believe you don't like them. Maybe give it a little more time. Do you like Sookie any better? It took me a while to get used to her.

message 19: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I agree with you, the casting was good for Jason. He pulls off the "pretty and dumb" persona well if I don't like him haha.

I only have 2 episodes left of season 1 and I plan to finish them tonight! I definitely want to give Eric and Pam another chance as I love Pam in the books.

I do like Sookie a little better now. In the beginning she plays so ignorant (but, let's be honest, she was like that in the books too until she wised up). She's finally starting to come into her own in the show and I'm liking her more now.

message 20: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments Oh I hope you like Pam and Eric. For me Pam's wardrobe is spot on, the little soccer mom suits are so perfect. Eric is that viking tall blonde and hot.

I am glad you are warming up to Sookie. I still hate the Bill casting. Something about him I just don't like. I know that once it starts into season 2 they are so far from the books, so I can't remember who she ends up.

message 21: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Yeah I'll agree with you there. I'm used to it, but I don't love love Bill's casting. Pam and Eric's casting are good though.

What did you think of Maryann Forester?

message 22: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments I fell behind now I can't picture Maryann. I will have to pull it up and get to watching

message 23: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Yes!