Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Monthly Read > Aug. 2014 - Why Lords Lose Their Hearts by Manda Collins

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kasey (last edited Jul 31, 2014 04:15PM) (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
For the month of August we will be reading Why Lords Lose Their Hearts by Manda Collins. Remember that this thread may contain spoilers.

message 2: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 320 comments I've read and reviewed this book the first day I received it; I will be following the discussion!

message 3: by June (new)

June (ladyjune) | 146 comments I'm looking forward to read this one. *waiting impatiently for my copy*

Anyway, Manda I have question. Would the governess and the duke's friend from book #1 get their own book?

message 4: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1895 comments Mod
Thanks ladies! I'm excited to talk about the book with you guys.

@June, Miss Nightingale and Sir Lucien are the stars of my Christmas novella coming out in October, Once Upon a Christmas Kiss. Those two intrigued me the first time I saw them together on the page, so I'm excited to have been able to give them their own story:)

message 5: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I have always loved Manda's heroes, but I think Archer may be my favorite. I'm just going to quote from my review.

"Collins once again demonstrates her deft hand with characterization. Perdita’s reluctance to allow someone else to make decisions for her and her doubts about her judgment of men make sense in light of all she experienced with Ormond. Despite this logic, however, I confess I grew impatient with her stubbornness. My reaction was doubtless colored by my allegiance to Archer whom I adored. I loved everything about him—from his large and loving family to his “shining gold hair” to his unfaltering commitment to Perdita. My favorite passage in the novel is this one in which Perdita sums up Archer’s character: “Men like Archer stayed the course until what they saw as their duty was done. And if it meant putting himself in danger, he would do it. It was the way he was made.”

I can't wait to read the Christmas novella, Manda! I have a question too. What are the chances that we will see more of Archer's family?

message 6: by Manda (new)

Thank you so much, Janga! I have to admit that Archer is one of my favorites so far, as well. He's just SUCH a good guy. No pretense, no BS.

As for your question, you will be happy to know that the hero of my next full length novel, A Good Rake is Hard to Find, is Lord Frederick Lisle, Archer's suave and rakish brother. I'm having loads of fun writing him. He's quite funny, our Frederick!

message 7: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
You just made my day, Manda! I will look forward to your next novel even more eagerly now.

message 8: by Manda (new)

Janga wrote: "You just made my day, Manda! I will look forward to your next novel even more eagerly now."

Happy to oblige!

message 9: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments I got to this book later than I wanted to, because we've been in the start-of-school whirlwind this month. Finally finished it last night! I had no idea how Manda was going to wrap up the mystery thread, and she did it in such a clever and surprising way. That got so dark that it was nice to have the lighter bits with the Lisle brothers. I'm glad to know "Freddykins" is getting his own story. :)

message 10: by Manda (new)

Thanks so much, Theresa! I did mean for the brothers to lighten the mood a bit. Glad it worked. Freddykins is currently giving me fits, but I'm sure he'll be worth it in the end.

message 11: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments No doubt. :) Manda, will the other brothers get stories too?