What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Lord Keeper
This topic is about Lord Keeper
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical romance highland nun convent kidnap [s]

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chocho_fly (last edited Jun 13, 2018 06:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chocho_fly | 10 comments Historical romance.
I read a historical romance highland book, about a highland warrior and his friends, they went to a convent, while they were talking with a priest, the warrior saw a girl walking out of the abbey/convent. He was attracted to her, but the rule is no man is allowed to enter a convent except for a priest, so while talking with the priest, The Warrior kept his eyes on the girl and counting/measuring the distance until the girl/nun was out of the convent area, then he rushed his horse towards the girl. The priest screamed to warn the girl to go back to the convent, but it was too late, the warrior swooped the girl/nun onto his horse and kidnapped her. Somehow I thought it’s a Donna Fletcher’s or Lynsay Sands but I have checked my collection of their books and it’s not. Could it be Mary Wine, Hannah Howell or Monica McCarty?
Can someone tell me the title of this book please. Thank you.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36503 comments Mod
Chocho_fly, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Chocho_fly (last edited Jun 11, 2018 09:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chocho_fly | 10 comments I don’t remember when I read the book, maybe 2 years ago. I bought a bunch of ebooks all about highland series, so the year I read the book isn’t related to the year the book was published. I thought it was Lynsay Sands’ or Donna Fletcher’s book. But I have checked their highland books on my collections and couldn’t find it. I just remembered that I read highland series during that time so I think it was a part of a series of highlander warriors. Because I remembered while reading it I was thinking, oh this is about that particular warrior. But maybe I am wrong.

message 4: by Juels (new) - added it

Juels | 2562 comments Though there are some similar instances in these books, none of them are an exact match. I've included them just in case...

The Prize by Julie Garwood
A Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught
The Wedding by Julie Garwood

message 5: by JennyG (new) - added it

JennyG | 565 comments Maybe The Highlander's Bride (Highlander Duo, #2) by Donna Fletcher The Highlander's Bride by Donna Fletcher?

Forced to marry . . .Cullen Longton was stunned by the news: he has a son! Cullen is now determined to find his child, who was stolen by a vengeful enemy, and has followed the trail to a nunnery in the Scottish Highlands. A beautiful, desperate woman promises to assist him in his quest . . . for a price.But powerless to resist herSara McHern is a prisoner behind convent walls, where she must remain until her father finds her a husband. Cullen's arrival is the answer to her prayers—and she will reunite him with his son only if he agrees to wed her. Then passion ignites, and a marriage of convenience is suddenly transformed into something fiery hot. Cullen never imagined he would surrender his heart to this feisty lass, but as they struggle to escape the web of deceit that surrounds them, love may be the only thing that will save them.

Chocho_fly | 10 comments JennyG wrote: "Maybe The Highlander's Bride (Highlander Duo, #2) by Donna Fletcher The Highlander's Bride by Donna Fletcher?

Forced to marry . . .Cullen Longton was stunned by the news: he has a son!..."

Thank you, but unfortunately it’s not that one 😢. It’s like in my head but I can’t remember the title or the author.

message 7: by LaSorella (new)

LaSorella | 23 comments hmmm I am thinking that the heroine you mention is the sister of the Heroine from another book in the series.

And the warrior, possibly friend or brother of the main hero is waiting until she steps out to kidnap the sister.

I believe this happens at the end of the book.

...still thinking about it

message 8: by JennyG (new) - added it

JennyG | 565 comments LaSorella wrote: "hmmm I am thinking that the heroine you mention is the sister of the Heroine from another book in the series.

And the warrior, possibly friend or brother of the main hero is waiting until she ste..."

That happens at the end of one of Julie Garwood books (either The Wedding or The Bride), but unfortunately the book about that couple has not been written so far.

message 9: by Chocho_fly (last edited Jun 13, 2018 06:17AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chocho_fly | 10 comments JennyG wrote: "LaSorella wrote: "hmmm I am thinking that the heroine you mention is the sister of the Heroine from another book in the series.

And the warrior, possibly friend or brother of the main hero is wai..."

I checked ‘the wedding’ ending and yes, that’s very similar, but in the wedding the girl (Faith) was walking towards Quinlan (the hero) It could be it, But somehow I’m convinced that in the story that I read the Hero took action and kidnapped the girl. And the girl wasn’t walking to the hero, she was just walking out of the abbey to go somewhere else, she wasn’t aware that the priest of the abbey were actually talking with some men. And the Hero was casually talking to the priest but keeping his eye on the girl until she was out of the abbey then took her.

message 10: by Chocho_fly (last edited Jun 13, 2018 06:17AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chocho_fly | 10 comments Juels wrote: "Though there are some similar instances in these books, none of them are an exact match. I've included them just in case...

The Prize by Julie Garwood
[book:A Kingdom o..."

I have checked the wedding, it has a very similar situation in the end of the book but the hero in the wedding didn’t take any action, while the hero in the story kidnapped the girl.

Midniteillusion (Desiree) (midniteillusion) | 102 comments LaSorella wrote: "hmmm I am thinking that the heroine you mention is the sister of the Heroine from another book in the series.

And the warrior, possibly friend or brother of the main hero is waiting until she ste..."

It sounds like The Hunter The Hunter (Highland Guard, #7) by Monica McCarty the heroine is the sister to the heroine in the previous book.

Chocho_fly | 10 comments Bumped

message 13: by ssetayf (new)

ssetayf ssetayf | 42 comments Maybe Shadow Music Shadow Music (Highlands' Lairds, #3) by Julie Garwood by Julie Garwood

message 14: by Chocho_fly (last edited Jan 14, 2019 03:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chocho_fly | 10 comments I found it. It’s Lord keeper by Tarah Scott
Lord Keeper Lord Keeper by Tarah Scott

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40603 comments Mod
Great, thanks for letting us know.