Fantasy Roleplays, A Collection discussion

Cyberpunk > Characters

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 86 comments Approved characters.

See message two for the character template.

message 2: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» (last edited Jul 31, 2014 09:24PM) (new)

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 86 comments CYBERPUNK
{mbl=mandatory line break}
{mbl}
<.b>Name<./b>: First Middle (if applicable) Last
<.b>Gender<./b>: Female OR Male
<.b>Race<./b>: Human (bio-enhanced OR regular), Elf (bio-enhanced OR regular), Cyborg, OR Robot
. <.i>Sexuality<./i>: Asexual, Bisexual, Heterosexual, Homosexual, OR Uncertain
<.b>Age<./b>: X
<.b>Role<./b>: Adept, Face, Hacker (Decker), Magician, Rigger, OR Street Samurai
<.b>Appearance<./b>: <.img src="link">
. <.i>Height<./i>: X'X"
. <.i>Weight<./i>: X lbs
. <.i>Hair<./i>: Color; anything else
. <.i>Eyes<./i>: Color; anything else
. <.i>Skin<./i>: Color; anything else
. <.i>Vocal Qualities<./i>: Approximate pitch [i.e. high, mid-ranged, low]; anything else
. <.i>Clarifications<./i>: Difference from the picture; difference from the picture; etc
<.b>Magic<./b>: If applicable. Complete sentences please.
<.b>Combat<./b>: If applicable. Fighting skills/abilities, weapons, etc. Complete sentences please.
<.b>Personal History<./b>: No novels, but use complete sentences.
<.b>Persona (External)<./b>: Again, no novels, but use complete sentences. Describe the character as the world perceives them to be. Figure out the rest as you get to know the character better. I'm currently of the opinion that we try to overdevelop our characters before we even start which ultimately hurts the story.
<.b>Other<./b>: I don't want novels, but I do want complete sentences.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

NOTES:
I am very particular with character profiles. The following notes might save you some time and grief.
• To achieve the desired formatting, just remove the period following the < symbol from the above template.
• Don't mess with the line spacing.
• If I say 'OR' that means only one of the listed options.
• Readability is a focus. Capitalize the first letter of the first word of each section, no matter what.
• Use complete sentence only when asked—no extraneous punctation/distracting marks.
• Style: Formal writing is preferred (no reference to you or I).
• Keep each section all in one block. It shouldn't be long enough that it is absolutely necessary to split into more than one block for readability's sake. For example, with Personal History, you shouldn't be ending up with paragraphs upon paragraphs. One little block containing the basics. No background story excerpts or dramatic soap operas. Keep it real.
• The first time the character is referred to in any section requiring full sentences, use their name. Readability!
• Please don't spend half the profile repeating yourself. If something is especially important to the character, we'll get it in the roleplay. This profile is a skeleton of a person, a starting point.
• If you don't see a period in a section of the above template, don't use one in that section.
• If you're listing qualities (i.e. the subsections of Appearance), separate with semicolons.