Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Simonverse, #1) Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda question

Great LGBTQ+ books like this?
Sara Sara Jun 10, 2018 08:11PM
Add suggestions below. I've read The Miseducation of Cameron Post and that was so great as well.

Great LGBTQ+ Books I enjoyed
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by
Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- If I Tell You by Alicia Tuckerman
- Leah on the Off Beat by Becky Albertalli
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera

The upside of unrequited love is a book with two moms if that counts

Autoboyography
This book has a pretty nice ending.

Call Me by Your Name
It's more intense than Simon vs. The Homosapiens Agenda, but it's written very nicely, and it has a not-so-happy-but-not-exactly-sad ending.

deleted member Jun 12, 2018 01:31AM   0 votes

If you're into YA fantasy, the book "Girls of Paper and Fire" is a riveting book that is feature around an lgbtq+ romance! Highly recommend😊

Autoboyography

The song of Achilles, I’ll give you the sun, the inexplicable logic of my life, carry on(but read fangirl first)

1. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
2. They Both Die at the End
3. Leah on the Offbeat (It's a sequel to Simon)
4. Ramona Blue
5. Will Grayson, Will Grayson
6. More Happy that Not
7. Carry On
8. None of the Above
9. What if it's Us
10. Its Not Like its a Secret

Personally, I would recommend 'They Both Die at The End' by Adam Silvera (It's always Silvera). The theme does not exactly take centre stage, but it does play a role. Not only that, the story is beautiful and has a strong message. And for those who either have trouble reading or are more auditory, it is a great book to audiobook.

Warning: Keep the tissues at hand. You will need them.

deleted member Oct 22, 2018 05:45PM   0 votes
The Gentleman Guide to Vice and Virtue
Carry On
You Know Me Well
I'll Give You the Sun

History is all you left me

Blue is the warmest color - Julie Maroh. Its actually a graphic novel (that has been made into a movie aswell) but I loved it.

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. The story centers around a hermaphrodite (which is hardly ever a topic) and their family history and its great, I loved it a lot.

George by Alex Gino - this book is aimed towards younger audiances but is VERY amazing and heartwarming. (it's about a trans kid)
The Symptoms of being human by Jeff Garvin - one of my favourites! It's amazingly well written, I highly recommend it. (About a gender fluid teen)
Boy meets boy by David Levithan - Amazing story about gay teens
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by: David Levithan and John Green - This book is SO funny (as well as very gay) It has a lot to do with a hopeless romantic and first love
Ask the Passengers by A.S. King - A really good lesbian story
Openly Straight and honestly Ben - Two really great stories

-The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne (truly one of the most beautiful books I’ve ever laid my eyes on. Doesn’t look like Simon, but I wanted to add nevertheless)
-Release by Patrick Ness

Gabor (last edited Oct 31, 2018 03:24AM ) Oct 31, 2018 03:24AM   0 votes
Easy decision, if you've liked Simon, you should definitely go and read this:

What If It's Us

Alonso (last edited Jul 13, 2019 10:00AM ) Jul 13, 2019 09:58AM   0 votes
George by Alex Gino
George