World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 704 comments I'm very proud to announce my latest novel has a release date!! Singularity will be published by Ascendant Ink on August 14 :) It will also be on NetGalley for 3 months beginning in July.

Exciting times :)

message 2: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Fantastic news Eldon. Congratulations, and good luck with the launch.

Would you like to start a thread detailing your experiences with your launch process, I'm sure there would be many here who would be interested to see how this progresses and what we could learn from it.

message 3: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 1579 comments Excellent, Eldon! Hope it all goes marvellously!

message 4: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Hi Eldon, is the book available for pre-order?

message 5: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 704 comments Graeme wrote: "Fantastic news Eldon. Congratulations, and good luck with the launch.

Would you like to start a thread detailing your experiences with your launch process, I'm sure there would be many here who wo..."

I could start a thread to detail the steps, Graeme. I'll see what I can put together!!

message 6: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 704 comments Leonie wrote: "Excellent, Eldon! Hope it all goes marvellously!"

Thanks Leonie :)

message 7: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 704 comments Graeme wrote: "Hi Eldon, is the book available for pre-order?"

I haven't yet mastered the mystery of pre-order just yet. On my list of things to look into though. I'm also considering taking a page out of your marketing book and offering copies on GR as part of an advance read. We'll see what happens.

message 8: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 16090 comments Congrats & good luck with Singularity, Eldon!

message 9: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 704 comments Nik wrote: "Congrats & good luck with Singularity, Eldon!"

Thanks Nik!

message 10: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Just don't do a Goodreads Kindle Giveaway - it will destroy your genre visibility for months thereafter.

message 11: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Which platforms will you be on?

message 12: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 704 comments Graeme wrote: "Which platforms will you be on?"

Thanks for the tip :) I'm going wide with this release. Will be available everywhere hopefully.

message 13: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan When I was with D2D, there was a way to publish as a preorder, and same with Amazon, it's really easy to do.

Just look up the helps on the platforms involved.

message 14: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 704 comments Graeme wrote: "When I was with D2D, there was a way to publish as a preorder, and same with Amazon, it's really easy to do.

Just look up the helps on the platforms involved."

I am going with D2D this time. Are you no longer with them? Any issues I should know about?

message 15: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan As a system, their fine.

I just didn't have effective ways to advertise to the other platforms Apple, B&N, etc...

I've gone back to KU.

message 16: by Eldon (last edited Jun 11, 2018 03:51PM) (new)

Eldon Farrell | 704 comments Graeme wrote: "As a system, their fine.

I just didn't have effective ways to advertise to the other platforms Apple, B&N, etc...

I've gone back to KU."

That's cool. I'm keeping my other books in KU. The book stuffing scandals there do bother me though.

message 17: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan I.e. hitting a book with a click farm?

message 18: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 704 comments Graeme wrote: "I.e. hitting a book with a click farm?"

No. Stuffing extra content unadvertised in the description to max out page count and increase payout from KU page reads. It's become a serious issue for authors exclusive to Amazon.

message 19: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Oh. You learn something new everyday.

In any event my books remain in 'draft' state at D2D and can be easily switched back on.

message 20: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 704 comments Graeme wrote: "Oh. You learn something new everyday.

In any event my books remain in 'draft' state at D2D and can be easily switched back on."

Excellent :)