Lizziefaye's Comfy Corner discussion

TBR series and readalongs > Inspirational series on my TBR

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Below is a list of inspirational series on my TBR, to be started or finished by the end of 2020. These are also potential series for group readalongs. Are any of these series on your TBR? Do any of them interest you? Have you read any of them already? Let me know in this thread. If we decide to use any of these for a readalong, I will start a thread for that particular series.

Butternut Creek by Jane Myers Perrine
Heavenly Daze by Lori Copeland & Angela Hunt
Home to Heather Creek published by Guidepost
Candlewood Trilogy by Delia Parr
Homegrown Trilogy by Julie L. Cannon
Mark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine Rivers
Dearest Dorothy by Charlene Ann Baumbich
English Garden series by Lori Wick
Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson
Harmony by Philip Gulley (I've read two)
Heirs of Acadia by T.Davis & Isabella Bunn

I'm also planning to reread all the Grace Livingston Hill books in numbered order. (I've read one)

message 2: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 14 comments This one was on my TBR list but I don't own the book.
A Voice in the Wind (Mark of the Lion #1)
by Francine Rivers

This one was on my TBR too but I don't know if I just added it because of your last thread? I don't own this one.
Home to Harmony (Harmony #1)
by Philip Gulley

This one sounds good plus it has a purple cover. lol
The Proposal (The English Garden #1)
by Lori Wick

This one sounds interesting but maybe confusing as there are a lot of people in it. Wonder if it's written in different POVs?
The Yada Yada Prayer Group (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #1)
by Neta Jackson

I do love the cover of Before the Dawn (Home to Heather Creek #1)
by Carolyne Aarsen

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments I'm ready to read any of these. Voice in the Wind is on the Audible Romance package so I think I'm going to read it for the Summer Romance Bingo. I'm hoping there will be a Tome Topple readathon happening during the summer and I can read it during that time.

Home to Harmony is hilarious.

I read a chapter of Yada Yada Prayer Group for a try a chapter tag, but I don't know if there are mulitiple POVs or not. I own that whole series and need to get started on it.

My sister read Before the Dawn and said that it isn't necessarily a "feel-good" book. Since it is a family drama published by Guidepost I think it's still appropriate for this group. I have about 20 books from that series that a friend gave to me and the covers are just beautiful!

message 4: by Elise (new)

Elise Hung | 13 comments I had never heard of these series before. Inspirational reads are still a new genre for me but I searched them all and have 3 series I would like to read:
1.Mark of the Lion Trilogy
2.Dearest Dorothy Series
3.Heirs of Acadia Series

Thank you Elizabeth for sharing your TBR! I just get to know so many authors in this couple of days~

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine  Pinkett | 23 comments Not heard about any of these. Are they all American authors?:-)

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Yes, I think all of these are American authors. Sorry, I guess I'm not very good at reading internationally. Lori Wick's English Garden series is set in England, but she is American. Isabella Bunn is on the Oxford faculty, but her bio doesn't say if she is from the UK or not.

Do any of them jump out at you?

message 7: by Kristie3898 (new)

Kristie3898 | 1 comments Hi Elizabeth! I have read most of the Yada Yada Prayer Group (I believe I am on Book 6) and I absolutely love it! Yes, there are a lot of characters, but you come to know the characters and love them similar to how we learn the cast of characters in our cozy mystery books! I think you will enjoy these very much. I have shared this series with friends and they enjoyed reading them very much.

I am also reading the Home to Harmony series based on your recommendations on YouTube. I have only read the first one so far and enjoyed that one too. I purchased the others in the series and hope to read them over the summer.

Happy reading to everyone!

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Kristie3898 wrote: "Hi Elizabeth! I have read most of the Yada Yada Prayer Group (I believe I am on Book 6) and I absolutely love it! Yes, there are a lot of characters, but you come to know the characters and love th..."

Hi Kristie! I'm really glad that you love the Yada Yada Prayer Group. I have all of them and the House of Hope series on my shelf and I've only read the first chapter of the first book. I need to get going on those.

I love Home to Harmony by Philip Gulley so much! I've read the first two books and the first Christmas novella. I'm excited to read more this year. At our local library book sale last week, they had the first four books and I talked one of our other Friends of the Library members into getting them. I hope she likes them too!

message 9: by Catherine (new)

Catherine  Pinkett | 23 comments I'm not sure which I would enjoy. I'm happy to join in with the majority. Have any of you read MC Beaton at all I love Hamish Macbeth series and The Mannerlings

message 10: by Shaz (new)

Shaz (zabooksihaveread) | 4 comments I would be interested in participating in a group read along for the Yada Yada Prayer Group as I have the complete series waiting to be read.

message 11: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (Always Booked) (alwaysbooked) | 18 comments I have some of the Yada Yada Prayer Group books too so I would probably join in a read along of that one!