Lizziefaye's Comfy Corner discussion

TBR series and readalongs > Potential series for future readalongs

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments I would like to host some readalongs here in this group. Below is a list of series that I am interested in starting or have barely started. If any of these series peak your interest, please comment below and we can choose a few to start with and read along together.
All of these series are on my TBR to start and/or finish by the end of 2020. Which ones would you like to read with me?

Cape Light by Thomas Kincade and Katherine Spencer
Eternity Springs by Emily March
The Butternut Lake series by Mary McNear
Harmony by Jodi Thomas (I've read one)
The Cherry Cola Book Club by Ashton Lee (I've read one)
Piggly Wiggly by Robert Dalby

Books In Every Room | 18 comments Cape Light and The Cherry Cola Book Club sound good.

message 3: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 14 comments Tried looking up The Butternut Lake but the synopsis is in another language? Is it written in English?

Eternity Springs 4.03 rating. Sounds good.

Welcome to Harmony (Harmony #1)
by Jodi Thomas sounds interesting and it got a 4.18 rating.

I personally don't like series so probably will not participate though so whatever gets picked is fine. I may try but doubt I will continue reading. Good luck.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Mom2triplets04 wrote: "Tried looking up The Butternut Lake but the synopsis is in another language? Is it written in English?

Eternity Springs 4.03 rating. Sounds good.

Welcome to Harmony (Harmony #1)
by Jodi Thomas so..."

I meant to include some stand alones. I'm sorry that I neglected to. I'm sure we will end up reading some in this group.

For some reason The Butternut Lake series comes up in another language when you search it. You just have to go to another edition to read about it. They have some of that series on our Bookmobile and the librarian says that they get checked out all the time.

I read the first Harmony book by Jodi Thomas and really liked it. I haven't started Eternity Springs yet.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Books In Every Room wrote: "Cape Light and The Cherry Cola Book Club sound good."

Cape Light is at the top of my list. I really want to get started with that series.

I read the first Cherry Cola Book last year and it wasn't quite as good as I had hoped it would be, but still want to continue the series.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan | 8 comments The cherry cola book club, my library has the series.

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Cherry Cola Book Club is a definite possibility for a group readalong. There are 6 books total in the and the 4th book is Christmas themed. If we chose this for a group read, we could read the first three before December so that we could read the Christmas one during the month of December. My county library system has all of them and the first one is on Hoopla audio.

For those of you not interested in this one, never fear. We can have more than one readalong going at a time.

Books In Every Room | 18 comments I don’t understand how Hoopla works. I got the app, but I didn’t find my library on there. Does that mean I can’t borrow audiobooks?

message 9: by Elise (new)

Elise Hung | 13 comments I would love to read Eternity Springs series, Harmony series, and The Cherry Cola Book Club series!

message 10: by Catherine (new)

Catherine  Pinkett | 23 comments Cherry Cola book club looks fun :-)

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Elise wrote: "I would love to read Eternity Springs series, Harmony series, and The Cherry Cola Book Club series!"

Which one would you pick to start with?

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Books In Every Room wrote: "I don’t understand how Hoopla works. I got the app, but I didn’t find my library on there. Does that mean I can’t borrow audiobooks?"

I think your library has to subscribe to it and then you log in with your library card number. Check with your library and see if they will subscribe. In my county, each library is owned by each town, but we have a county coop. So only one of our county libraries subscribes to Hoopla, but everyone in the county can use it because of the coop. It's a pretty good system.

If your library has reciprocal borrowing with another library who subscribes, then you might be able to access it that way.

message 13: by Elise (new)

Elise Hung | 13 comments I would love to start with Harmony series^^

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 9 comments I would love to read The Cherry Cola Book Club series. I love a good light hearted Southern read, and being set in Mississippi where I grew up makes it even better to me.

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Jennifer wrote: "I would love to read The Cherry Cola Book Club series. I love a good light hearted Southern read, and being set in Mississippi where I grew up makes it even better to me."

Elise wrote: "I would love to start with Harmony series^^"

That sounds great Elise! I have already read Welcome to Harmony by Jodi Thomas and am just about to start Somewhere Along the Way. So it won't be difficult for you to catch up with me. I will set it up as a read-along, but even if no one else wants to join in, we can still buddy read through as much of the series as you want.

Most of them are on the Audible romance package too.

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments Jennifer wrote: "I would love to read The Cherry Cola Book Club series. I love a good light hearted Southern read, and being set in Mississippi where I grew up makes it even better to me."

Thanks Jennifer! I think you have sealed the deal. Several have said that they are interested in The Cherry Cola Book Club so I will set that up as a read-along for the group.

message 17: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments I recently did a book haul where I showed books from the Lumby series by Gail Fraser. This series is new to me, having just discovered the first book on my library sale shelves.
A couple of you commented that you have been wanting to read the series, so I thought that it might be a good candidate for a series read-along after we finish The Cherry Cola Book Club.
What do you think?

message 18: by Mande (new)

Mande Garrett (mandegarrett) | 6 comments What's the name of the series by Gail Fraser? This way I can see if I can get them through my library.

message 19: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 422 comments I think it's just called Lumby