Young Writers discussion

Archives > Would you read this?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (new)

Allison | 679 comments My idea is in a very rough draft, the first 80 some odd pages I was still working everything out, so I won't be posting it any time soon, but from the blurb below would you be interested?

-----

Never wish for something dangerous.

Mason has a crush on a dead person, the Guardian Angel Demetria, to be exact. Mason is a Carrier, a person who's genetic makeup allows them to control Solisal magic, with a price. They know that monsters exist. They're encouraged to look for them under their beds at their "home," Solisal Academy. Mason is a dreamer, and he's always wishing for things, so when Headmaster Neminia tells him to never wish for anything dangerous, Mason doesn't know what to think of it.

Until the world's fate is in his hands.

message 2: by Grace (last edited Jul 31, 2014 11:49AM) (new)

Grace (Fives) | 1090 comments Uh, I'm confused. I have no idea what the heck this story is about... I mean, I kind of get it. He goes to some magic academy thing. He has some kind of power. And monsters are real.
What is Solisal magic? And... Why does Mason have a crush on Guardian Angel Demetria? So, does he go to a school that is kind of like a magic school sort of thing?
This little blurb you wrote really confused me, but I might be interested.
I really would love a more detailed thingy so I could understand more, I know this was a little blurb, but just from that, I really got hardly anything that I really understood.
And sorry, I ask a lot of questions...

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison | 679 comments That's okay.

Solisal magic is just the name of the magic they use.

Demetria was his best friend when she was living and then she died right when he started to acknowledge that he might have a crush on her. It started to grow once he started getting dreams from her and she visited him in her Angel form.

It's kinda like a school, I mean they learn stuff there. But it's basically their home because they live there. Adults and small children live there also. It's basically a sanctuary for the people who can control magic--Carriers--so they have a less likely chance of dying.

Thanks for your feedback; I've been needing help on the blurb. ;)