North Vagolinians discussion

North Vagolinians > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber (puresurplus) | 121 comments Mod
Welcome, fellow North Carolinians. Tell us about yourself!

message 2: by Livana (new)

Livana | 52 comments Mod
Oh my goodness girl you move fast!!!

Anyway I'm Whytonia and I love to read almost everything fictional!! I am currently reading a horror story! I was so scared in the middle of that book I had to get up and turn on every light in the house! I am 30 years old and I live in Midway, NC. I try to exercise which includes gym/biking/running. My husband and I have 2 indoor cats 2 outside cats and a dog. Favorite authors are Stephen King, Nora Roberts, Iris Johansen, ect. I am not the fastest reader but I can knock out a book in a few hours if I am really interested.

message 3: by Amber (new)

Yeah, I'm a bit obsessive! Can you tell? Heh, heh.

My name is Amber and some may say that I read too much. My husband is not fond of my Kindle, especially when I bring it to bed! I am (almost but not quite) 40 years old and live with my hubby, teen son, three dogs and two cats on the family farm in Nash County.

I am obsessed with Goodreads and am almost always online, somewhere. Admittedly, I do not read all of the selections at Vaginal Fantasy. However, I'm looking forward to connecting with local readers and discussing all things VF.

message 4: by Livana (new)

Livana | 52 comments Mod
Amber wrote: "Yeah, I'm a bit obsessive! Can you tell? Heh, heh.

My name is Amber and some may say that I read too much. My husband is not fond of my Kindle, especially when I bring it to bed! I am (almost but ..."

LOL! I am actually reading something outside of VF right now called Bird Eater, The which I mentioned in the first post. I try to read something outside of that sometimes just because some of it just gets boring!

message 5: by Anelle (new)

Anelle Ammons Hi everyone, my name is Anelle, and I live in Statesville. I'm new to VF, but I'm super excited. I've been a Geek and Sundry fan for years, just haven't been into reading the past few years.

I recently found my way into a Patrick Rothfuss book, and promptly didn't emerge until I'd read both of his large books. I remembered then how much fun it is to really get sunk into a book, and I'm excited to get to reading again!

I have two small children that sometimes put a kink in my reading time. However, I've learned that if I load a book on the nook or kindle ap on my phone, I'm able to find time much easier. I'm enjoying the new view of life from this angle, and enjoying finding books again.

I've started He She and It, and I'm super excited to join in on all the fun. :)

message 6: by Amber (new)

Naqahdahnellie wrote: "Hi everyone, my name is Anelle, and I live in Statesville. I'm new to VF, but I'm super excited. I've been a Geek and Sundry fan for years, just haven't been into reading the past few years.

I..."

Welcome back to the reading world! Everyone has a hard time finding time to read, but it is much more difficult for those of us with children.

I adore Patrick Rothfuss. Greatly looking forward to our bookish discussions...

message 7: by Lura (new)

Lura (luraj2612) | 2 comments Hey, all! I'm Lura. I live just outside Asheville. I'm 34 years old. I live with my husband and our two furbabies (both dogs). I'm a voracious reader, though a bit less so this year as I've been focusing on my writing. In fact, I'm going to be published soon. I have a short story in the upcoming anthology Romancing the Story.

Anyway... I adore fantasy, especially if it has a strong female lead. I'm currently reading Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs.

message 8: by Livana (new)

Livana | 52 comments Mod
Oh I love Patricia! Welcome Lura! I hope you find your stay here a warm one! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. We are a growing community here!

message 9: by Anelle (new)

Anelle Ammons Welcome Lura! My husband and I met at UNC-A, so we have a special love for Asheville. :)

Congrats on your short story. Welcome to the group!

message 10: by Rhiannon (new)

Rhiannon | 2 comments Hello! I live in Charlotte and would be happy to host meetups when I'm home. I am on the road a lot though.

I have been reading vaginal fantasy practically since I could read at all, starting with Anne Rice's vampire series, continuing with her Beauty series, then moving on to Laurell K. Hamilton and Jacqueline Carey. I love the Downton Abbey theme this month, have already read the main pick and am about to start the alt.

message 11: by Anelle (new)

Anelle Ammons Welcome!

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (tastymayhem) | 6 comments Hi! I live outside of Raleigh. Finally got signed up to Goodreads (no idea why i was resiting) and joined VF - glad to find the group as I've been reading in this genre, along with a lot of urban fantasy, sci-fi, and romance for many years. Wondering if this NC group is still active?

message 13: by Anelle (new)

Anelle Ammons I don't think we're active anymore. :(

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (tastymayhem) | 6 comments Naqahdahnellie wrote: "I don't think we're active anymore. :("

Too bad! If anyone readig this is in the Triangle area, I'd love to host an in person book discussion. New to Goodreads and VF but not to the genre. Readig is my fall/winter pastime.

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 5 comments a Raleigh meetup would be awesome!

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (tastymayhem) | 6 comments Jessica wrote: "a Raleigh meetup would be awesome!"

I'd be up for it. Not sure if there are any other Triangle area people (Hubs and I in Apex, work in Raleigh). If no one else jumps in we could grab coffee or something stronger to meet/discuss.

message 17: by Shelli (new)

Shelli (padfoot625) | 1 comments Hey! I'm Shelli and I live in a dinky little town called Coats, about an hour south of Raleigh. I'm a book nerd and mostly read sci-if and fantasy.