Region of Waterloo Library discussion

August: Exotic Locales > Exotic Locales

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RWL (new)

RWL Waterloo Library (regionofwaterloolibrary) | 162 comments Mod
Some people like to escape by reading books that are set in exotic or unusual locales.

What is your favorite book that takes place in a far off land or unique place?

message 2: by Christine (new)

Christine (cmnb) | 54 comments I love reading books set in Australia. My husband and I honeymooned on the west side in 2001 and I enjoy being taken back in stories. Two that I have enjoyed this year are Thornwood House and Wildflower Hill.

message 3: by RWL (new)

RWL wrote: "Some people like to escape by reading books that are set in exotic or unusual locales.

What is your favorite book that takes place in a far off land or unique place?"

Those sound like great reading suggestions. I'll add them to our recommended reading list.

What do you find particularly appealing about Australia?

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine (cmnb) | 54 comments I think I envy their easy, laid back approach to life. The people we met were easy going and enjoyed the simple things in life...relationships, being outside, adventure and exploring. The stories I've read are of women, making their way in the outback or small town Australia. Modern day pioneer tales in a way. I guess that appeals to my need to drown out the noise and busyness of life.

message 5: by RWL (new)

I think there are a lot of people who would understand, and share, that desire for a simpler way of life.