a true crime book club. discussion

Non Book Club Reads > The Before Now and After Then

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hackworth (bookishlotus) | 16 comments Hi, Book Club! I was just wondering if anyone else had read The Before Now and After Then who wanted to chat about it. I'm the only person I know who has read it and just really wanted to chat about it with someone as I write my review!

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (la_medusa) It's on my Barnes & Noble wishlist. I hope to finally get it next month.

Gotta support Papa Peter. :)

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hackworth (bookishlotus) | 16 comments You won't regret it. It is SO good. My soul is singing.

message 4: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments I'm going to read it this month.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hackworth (bookishlotus) | 16 comments let me know when you do!

Emmie.Reads.Books | 95 comments It's on my TBR list. I hope to get it when I get finished with the school semester in a few days.

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Quidas (leisure_reads) | 3 comments If anybody has access to Hoopla through their library, they have a ebook copy of it. I thought it was a fantastic book!

message 8: by Gaia (new)

Gaia (athenagaia) I really enjoyed The Before Now and After Then. I hope those of you who haven't read it but want to read it, will enjoy it :).

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hackworth (bookishlotus) | 16 comments For anyone interested, I posted an almost completely spoiler-free review of this book on my blog: https://www.gabrielleroseelkas.com/si...

message 10: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments 125 pages in and enjoying it. Can definitely spot all the similarities to Peter's life here.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hackworth (bookishlotus) | 16 comments J.N., I loved that so much. You can see how much of a labor of love this book was for Peter

message 12: by Regina (new)

Regina I have it saved on my want list in Amazon. I suggested a while back that maybe we could read it as part of our club, but Peter said he'd feel a little weird suggesting it since it's his own. I totally understand that. If we ask for it ourselves then he won't have to feel bad. Just a thought. 🤷🏻‍♀️

message 13: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Finished it yesterday and really enjoyed it. The romance was so sweet and I thought the characters were pretty good. Would recommend.

message 14: by Jess (new)

Jess Leigh (jwally90) | 2 comments Sarah wrote: "Hi, Book Club! I was just wondering if anyone else had read The Before Now and After Then who wanted to chat about it. I'm the only person I know who has read it and just really wanted to chat abou..."

I bought it on Audible and I loved it!!! It was an easy one to listen to while driving back and forth to work every day. Nice escape from day to day life. I watch all of Peter's channels on YouTube including his daily vlog, so it was neat to put the pieces together between his book and his real life. Worth the read, for sure!

message 15: by Peter (new)

Peter Monn | 23 comments Mod
You guys can give me negative reviews lol. I’m totally open to criticism but thank you so much for the nice words. It made my night. It was my first book and I’m proud of having finished it but I promise my next one is much, much better. A little dark too.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hackworth (bookishlotus) | 16 comments I would have given you a negative review if you'd deserved one, Peter. But you wrote a book with beautiful characters that truly captured my heart and has stuck with me in such amazing ways.

message 17: by Tracee (new)

Tracee Duthie | 25 comments I listened to it audible and really enjoyed it. The storyline was good.

message 18: by Jess (new)

Jess Leigh (jwally90) | 2 comments Peter wrote: "You guys can give me negative reviews lol. I’m totally open to criticism but thank you so much for the nice words. It made my night. It was my first book and I’m proud of having finished it but I p..."

cant wait!

message 19: by Erin (new)

Erin I read it earlier this year and I really liked it. I'm not big on romance though. The "life" stuff did it for me. I
gave it a well deserved 4 stars!

message 20: by Erin (new)

Erin I read it earlier this year and I really liked it. I'm not big on romance though. The "life" stuff did it for me. I
gave it a well deserved 4 stars!