Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

Duo Team Challenge (6/12/18-?) > Arnetta & Emily (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Jun 10, 2018 02:01PM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9610 comments Mod
Arnetta & Emily, this is your thread for chatting and planning. :)

Link to Review Thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

RULES

*Team Roles: Assigned categories can be divvied up however each team would like. Keep in mind that for a team to complete a category, only one member of the duo needs to read a book for that category.
*Page Count: Unless the category you are completing gives a specific page count, there is NOT a minimum page count for this challenge.
*Format: You can read any format you like (eBook, audiobook, print, etc).
*Genre: As long as your book matches the instructions for the category you are completing, you can read any genre you like (picture books, poetry books, manga, travel books, fiction, nonfiction... anything goes!).
*Read Dates: You can use books you've started reading at any time, however you must finish the books on or after the challenge start date.
*Rereads: Books read for this challenge must be books you are reading for the first time (no rereads).

So, as long as you will be finishing your book for the first time during this challenge, and your book works for the category you are completing, go for it! :)

message 3: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Categories:

*Read a historical novel
*Read a suspense novel
*Read a contemporary novel
*Read a Biblical fiction novel
*Read a fantasy/sci-fi novel
*Read a YA novel
*Read a book with 100-199 pages
*Read a book with 200-299 pages
*Read a book with 300-399 pages
*Read a book with 400+ pages

*Read a book that has a man and woman on the cover
*Read a book with a single woman on the cover
*Read a book with a single man on the cover
*Read a book with a person on the cover NOT showing their face
*Read a book with a moon on the cover
*Read a book with a water on the cover
*Read a book with a bridge on the cover
*Read a book with a mostly white cover
*Read a book with a mostly black cover
*Read a book with a mostly blue cover

*Read a book with a mostly green cover
*Read a book with a mode of transportation (car, boat, bicycle, etc.) on the cover
*Read a book with a dog or cat on the cover or in the title
*Read a book with a baby on the cover or in title
*Read a book with three or more people on the cover
*Read a book with a road (dirt or paved) on the cover
*Read a book with a dress on the cover
*Read a book without people on the cover
*Read a book with a hat on the cover
*Read a book with a fence on the cover

*Read a book that DOESN'T have the words "A, An, or The" in the title
*Read a book that DOES have the words "A, An, or The" in the title
*Read a book with a family relationship in the title (son, daughter, mother, etc)
*Read a book that has "And" in the title
*Read a book with a one word title
*Read a book with a hyphen in the title (e.g. Christmas Cover-Up)
*Read a book with an apostrophe in the title (e.g. Grace's Pictures)
*Read a book with a number in the title (e.g. The 30-Day Praise Challenge / Three Little Words)
*Read a book with a profession in the title (Doctor, midwife, etc)
*Read a book with a double letter in the title (e.g. Falling for You - double "L"' in Falling)

*Read a book published in the spring (March-June)
*Read a book published in the summer (June-September)
*Read a book published in the fall (September-December)
*Read a book published in the winter (December-March)
*Read a book that is the first book in its series
*Read a book that is the last book in its series
*Read a book that is NOT part of a series
*Read a book that is part of a trilogy (only three books in the series)
*Read a book that is part of a series with 4+ books
*Read a book with 5 or more vowels in the title (e.g. The Rose of Winslow Street)

*Read a book that is set during a war
*Read a book set OUTSIDE the USA
*Read a book with a police officer or soldier (must include text which mentions them)
*Read a book with a doctor or nurse (must include text which mentions them)
* Read a book with something musical on the cover or in the title (i.e. an instrument, musical notes, etc.)
*Read a debut novel
*Read a book that was not originally published this year (2018)
*Read a book with stars on the cover
*Read a book with a suitcase/luggage on the cover
*Read a book with an author with three names (must be on the cover)
e.g. Sisterchicks on the Loose (Sisterchicks, #1) by Robin Jones Gunn

message 4: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

message 5: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Challenge officially starts 6/12/18, so make sure you finish your books on or after that date.

message 6: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Here's a spreadsheet I made for you guys. Hope it helps. :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 7: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Melanie wrote: "Here's a spreadsheet I made for you guys. Hope it helps. :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/..."

This is great! Thanks Melanie. I'm hoping I remember how to post my review.... I threw away my notes after the last challenge. lol....

message 8: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Emily - just scrounged my bookcase and i have books that will work for profession: Stealing the Preacher. 3 or more people on cover - The Journey West. Blue cover - This Christmas Night. Think I have ones that would work for white and green covers. Will be checking the library to see if I can get the books for 1st in a series, book from a trilogy, book with moon on cover. Let me know if you have, or want any of those categories. Thanks!!

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily | 209 comments Arnetta wrote: "Emily - just scrounged my bookcase and i have books that will work for profession: Stealing the Preacher. 3 or more people on cover - The Journey West. Blue cover - This Christmas Night. Think I ha..."

It sounds good to me. Haha - I've been wanting to read Stealing the Preacher. I read the first book in that series and loved it; then I got my friend addicted to it, too. You'll have to tell me how the second book is when you finish it!

I was actually able to read a short book in the first hour of the challenge. I would like to claim it for the 100-199 pages category; it's probably the shortest book I'll read during the challenge, so I figured it would work. And I would really like to do the Biblical Fiction, Fantasy/Sci-Fi, and YA categories. I don't have specific books in mind for them, but they're my favorite genres and I will probably read multiple books in each category during the challenge.

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily | 209 comments Ooh! The library hold I took out for Egypt's Sister is almost ready. Can I claim it for the category with an Apostrophe in the title?

message 11: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments That should be perfect for that! I will gladly give you those 3 categories of books. Most of the ones I know or am familiar with I've already read, and I was sad to see no re-reads allowed. Those can be all yours! Already 1 done and I haven't started. lol..... good job!

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily | 209 comments Arnetta wrote: "That should be perfect for that! I will gladly give you those 3 categories of books. Most of the ones I know or am familiar with I've already read, and I was sad to see no re-reads allowed. Those c..."

Awesome, thank you!

message 13: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Wow....we haven't talked in a week and you've knocked out 7 books and I'm still working on my 2nd one (1st one I started since the challenge started). I knew you'd blow me away - but WOW!! I hope to finish the one I'm reading now in the next day or so. Will let you know where I go from there. Happy reading!!

message 14: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments I was checking out the spreadsheet and updating my hard copy and noticed that 2 categories are completed on the spreadsheet, but I didn't see reviews for them. The apostrophe book - Egypt's Sister and the Biblical fiction - Thief of Corinth. Am I off?

message 15: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Me and that spreadsheet do not get along.... sorry! I am going to go ahead and read the book with a blue cover cause it will be quicker read. Then I'll read the book with a profession in the title. Then I'll see where we - meaning you - are at. :)

message 16: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments You told me I might have to remind you to post reviews.... this is your reminder. lol... I know you have read a lot of books in the last 2 weeks while I slowly stumbled through my one. I should kick out another one in the next few days as it's really short. It's a colletion of short items so I read a few off and on - not an all at once kind of book. I'll let you know as soon as I start my next book - not sure what categories you have finished. Please update me. Thanks!

message 17: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Going through my stack of to-read books - I'm going to start A Gown of Spanish Lace by Janette Oke. It will fit for A book that is part of a series with 4+ books - it's #11 in a series of 12. Thought I had the set during a war - but only the beginning is during a war, so will keep looking for the next one to read.. I like having a lineup. :)

message 18: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Just ordered a book from library that will cover 'first in a series'. So that is 3 categories I'm kinda working on now... Hope you not doing any of those.....

message 19: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Just started on my 1st in a series book... I have books picked out that if I can get from the library, I'd love to read for 'man and woman on the cover' and book with a moon on the cover. Let me know if either of those messes you up.... Thanks!

message 20: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Also found books for bridge on the cover and set during a war. These work for another challenge I'm doing a/o just on my to-read list. Let me know if these 4 categories okay for me to tackle next. Thanks!

message 21: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Just picked up a few books from the thrift store and hoping to use for the challenge. If it's okay they will cover: published in the winter, published in the summer, mode of transportation on cover, single woman on the cover (might see if that works for a diff category - this will be an easy one to do!)

message 22: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments I need to read faster as I now have 8 category books lined up!

message 23: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Looking at my feed it looks like you have read or are ready to read some books that will fit for this challenge. I really hope you can post reviews soon and get me caught up as to where you are!

message 24: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Getting started on my trilogy - Under the big sky - as they are smaller books and I can finish 3 categories quickly. it will cover published in the winter, published in the summer , and a mode of transportation on cover.

message 25: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Finished the 1st part, starting on the 2nd.

message 26: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Finishing up the 3rd in that series. Next 2 books in line will cover the book with a person on the cover NOT showing their face and the last book in a series. Should be starting on those 2 by the weekend.

message 27: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Starting on Beyond Tuesday Morning - cover with a person not showing their face...

message 28: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Arnetta wrote: "Looking at my feed it looks like you have read or are ready to read some books that will fit for this challenge. I really hope you can post reviews soon and get me caught up as to where you are!"

Arnetta, I've messaged Emily and asked her to check in here when she has the chance. :) Just wanted to let you know. Have a great rest of the weekend.

message 29: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Melanie wrote: "Arnetta wrote: "Looking at my feed it looks like you have read or are ready to read some books that will fit for this challenge. I really hope you can post reviews soon and get me caught up as to w..."
Thanks Melanie...I know she has been really busy and didn't have computer access for awhile.... I just hope I'm not overlapping with her!

message 30: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Starting on book with a hat on the cover.... Another Homecoming by Janette Oke….. after that my plan is to do one for last book in a series.

message 31: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments WooHoo…. you just added 24 books! That more than doubles our total count. I just got 2 books from the library that I'm not sure what categories they will work for. 1 was last in a series but you just did that one...it might work for police officer in text if yours doesn't get approved. I'll figure out something for them. I cannot believe you had that many books done waiting for reviews... I figured you hadn't had much time to read. Period. Blown away. Just blown away.... take a break now! Make me work awhile!

message 32: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Starting on book for 'read a book with a hat on the cover'. Another Homecoming... I kinda forgot about my blue cover book...will work on getting back into that one.

message 33: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Now reading a book for category...road on the cover. Still working on my blue cover book that I had forgotten. I can easily do the suspense one as I love mysteries and have several I own I can use. We're almost done!

message 34: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 98 comments Only 5 left! I'm still working on the blue cover; ordered a book from library for the musical one; have a shelf full of mystery books I can easily choose one to read. Only leaves 2 other categories -