Polls for Our Souls discussion

Random > Help a girl out?

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Hiya!

So, I recently published a book (A Princess’s Guide to Dragon Domestication. It's a funny take on clichés found in YA/teenage fantasy novels and has a disaster-waiting-to-happen princess, grumpy dragons, ice cream, magic and a possibly evil fairy godmother) and I've been told that Goodreads giveaways can really help with getting the word out about a book.

But I was thinking that instead of spending money on buying my own book to giveaway, I could do a bit of a prize/giveaway thingy, where, after a set time, I'll randomly choose 4-6 people who wrote a review on my book (an honest one, of course), and mail them a paperback of my favourite book (via amazon, Wordery etc). This could get the word out, and also help me share my favourite books with people (which, the fangirl in me thinks, is a better way to spend my money).

Do you think it's a good idea? Would people be interested?

Anyways, thank you for your time and happy reading! ❤

message 2: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (artemisstarlite) | 20 comments I would definitely be interested!! I love that title so much that I honestly want to go check it out.

message 3: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Gabi Dylan wrote: "I would definitely be interested!! I love that title so much that I honestly want to go check it out."

Thank you for the feedback! ❤ I'm already excited just thinking about which books I want to share! 😂

I'm glad you like the title. 😊 It's a feel-good book I wrote to help with my anxiety, and I'm hoping it'll make other people laugh too.

message 4: by Swati (new)

Swati | 18 comments I'll definitely check it out, sounds exactly like my type of book :P

message 5: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Swati wrote: "I'll definitely check it out, sounds exactly like my type of book :P"

Yay! Thank you SO much for your feedback! ❤❤

message 6: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments A wrote: "This book sounds interesting, and if I can, I'll check it out. This sounds like my type of book!"

Thank you so much! ❤ I hope you really enjoy it when/if you do. 😊

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Really fun idea, I will defently check your book out.

message 8: by Elle (new)

Elle Fox | 1 comments That sounds like a great idea! And your book sounds super fun :)

message 9: by Iris (new)

Iris Schechter Your book sounds like great fun ! and Damn, 5 stars, way to go girl !
I sure will take a look, though probably not in time to take part in your giveaway, but I'll give it a try :)
Anyway, when it's done, will you share here the books you gave ? Always in for good recommandations !

message 10: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Oda Renate wrote: "Really fun idea, I will defently check your book out."

Thank you so much! ❤ Far more exciting for me than giving away my own book! 😂

message 11: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Elle wrote: "That sounds like a great idea! And your book sounds super fun :)"

Yay! Thank you for replying! ❤❤

message 12: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Iris wrote: "Your book sounds like great fun ! and Damn, 5 stars, way to go girl !
I sure will take a look, though probably not in time to take part in your giveaway, but I'll give it a try :)
Anyway, when it's..."

Thank you for the feedback! ❤ I will definitely share them here. I've already started a list, organising the ones I like the most according to genre, so I can give people options (also means theres a greater chance they'll enjoy it)! 😆

message 13: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Hiya! Just wanted to let you know that I'm going through with it! I've decided to include all reviews posted by the 30th of July (my birthday!) 😆 I've posted more details on my profile's blog, if you're still interested. (:

Gabi Dylan wrote: "I would definitely be interested!! I love that title so much that I honestly want to go check it out."

Swati wrote: "I'll definitely check it out, sounds exactly like my type of book :P"

A wrote: "This book sounds interesting, and if I can, I'll check it out. This sounds like my type of book!"

Oda Renate wrote: "Really fun idea, I will defently check your book out."

Elle wrote: "That sounds like a great idea! And your book sounds super fun :)"

Iris wrote: "Your book sounds like great fun ! and Damn, 5 stars, way to go girl !
Anyway, when it's..."

message 14: by Iris (new)

Iris Schechter yeah \o/

message 15: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Hiya! Sorry to be annoying, but just wanted to remind you of this giveaway if you're still interested. (:

Gabi Dylan wrote: "I would definitely be interested!! I love that title so much that I honestly want to go check it out."

Swati wrote: "I'll definitely check it out, sounds exactly like my type of book :P"

Oda Renate wrote: "Really fun idea, I will defently check your book out."

Elle wrote: "That sounds like a great idea! And your book sounds super fun :)"

Iris wrote: "yeah \o/"

message 16: by Lorena (new)

Lorena | 227 comments Ok, I'll check it out!

message 17: by Mina (last edited Jul 26, 2018 06:49AM) (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Lora wrote: "Ok, I'll check it out!"

Thank you for your interest, Lora! ❤

message 18: by Iris (new)

Iris Schechter ok now I have a serious problem @mina. I can't work and read your book at the same time so I might get fired xD

message 19: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Iris wrote: "ok now I have a serious problem @mina. I can't work and read your book at the same time so I might get fired xD"

But do we really like being forced to stay for a huge chunk of our day in some place, doing boring stuff, anyways? 🙈

message 20: by Iris (new)

Iris Schechter But do we really like being forced to stay for a huge chunk of our day..."

Definitely not ! But I do need money to buy books and my parents said I'm too old to depend on them now xP

message 21: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Definitely not ! But I do need money to buy books and my parents said I'm too old to depend on them now xP"

Parents. 😑 but I fully support the earning-to-buy-books agenda. That's what I'm doing with the money from sales too (charity, and MORE books)! 😆🙈

message 22: by Danni (new)

Danni lynn ❤ (danni_lynn88) | 52 comments i'll check it out - it sounds entertaining =]

message 23: by Stella (new)

Stella | 108 comments sounds awesome!

message 24: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Danni wrote: "i'll check it out - it sounds entertaining =]"

Thank you! ❤ It's most definitely "entertaining"! 😂

message 25: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Stella wrote: "sounds awesome!"

😁

MyOwnBookAdventures (lunamyownbookadventures) | 11 comments I just added it to my tbr-list. This sounds hilarious and like a perfect book to escape in from life for a while!
Also the give-away idea sounds amazing and unique 😊

message 27: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Thank you so much for deciding to give it a chance! ❤ The thing that mattered to me most when writing this was to get as many laughs out of the reader as possible. 😆

Luna✮ wrote: "I just added it to my tbr-list. This sounds hilarious and like a perfect book to escape in from life for a while!
Also the give-away idea sounds amazing and unique 😊"

message 28: by Iris (new)

Iris Schechter Read it. Loved it. Write another one please. Thank you :D

message 29: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Iris wrote: "Read it. Loved it. Write another one please. Thank you :D"

Thank you so much for reading and your review! ❤❤ I am working on a few other (slightly different) stories, so fingers crossed! :D

message 30: by Iris (new)

Iris Schechter \o/ can't wait!

message 31: by Oscar (new)

Oscar Maquito (oscar02) | 26 comments I Brought It!!

message 32: by Mina (new)

Mina Rehman | 22 comments Oscar wrote: "I Brought It!!"

Thank you so much for the support! ❤