Obsessed with True Crime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Now, This Is Odd...

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fishface (last edited Jun 10, 2018 11:04AM) (new)

Fishface | 14061 comments As I mine the Net for serial killers and their dates of birth, I keep stumbling across transsexual SKs:

>>Wolfgang Schmidt, now searchable as Beata Schmidt
>>Douglas Perry, now Donna, who says becoming female will control her violence permanently
>>Paul Denyer, who is petitioning the Australian government to pay for his sex change surgery
>>Jukka Lindholm, about whom I know nothing except he or she is trans and an SK

Trans people are fairly unusual, and serial killers, thank Scrod, are almost as rare as hen's teeth. I'm amazed that there's any overlap at all.

message 2: by Hari (new)

Hari Brandl (crochetbuddies) | 614 comments Those two groups would make an interesting Venn Diagram.

message 3: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14061 comments What is a Venn Diagram?

message 4: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1282 comments A Venn Diagram is a representation of two conditions as circles, with the overlap between the circles representing situations in which both conditions are present.

E.g.:

where one circle is SKs, one circle is Trans people, and the red area is SK Trans people - the size of this area would vary depending on the size of the overlap.

message 5: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14061 comments Ah! So this would be quite a small circle intersecting with an eeny-beeny one. I like that the overlapping area is blood red!

message 6: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1282 comments Correct. And yes, I chose this particular example for that reason!

message 7: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14061 comments On sober consideration, it's not THAT surprising about the overlap. The only thing shared by most SKs is their gnawing sense of humiliation and rejection, and who feels more rejected than the average trans person? When I thought about Wolfgang Schmidt, the Pink Giant, claiming he's really a woman inside but then engaging in the utterly masculine pastime of committing rape-murders on women, that didn't really compute very well. But sighted along this axis it makes a lot more sense.

Or maybe he's just another slavish worshipper of Jame Gumb:

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.