The Fandom discussion

chat room! > 2018 Anticipated Releases

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylainbookland) | 120 comments Mod
What's some of your anticipated releases for this year and why?

message 2: by Rain (new)

Rain (eclipse888) | 4 comments Those are mine:
Hullmetal Girls by Emily Skrutskie I loved the authors pirate/sea monster duology and I can't wait to see what else she wrote
City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab that one's me being a total Viktoria Schwab fangirl
Vengeful (Villains, #2) by V.E. Schwab here it's the same xD

The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White I was impressed of the And I Darken series and am curious About this one

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Julia wrote: "Those are mine:
Hullmetal Girls by Emily Skrutskie I loved the authors pirate/sea monster duology and I can't wait to see what else she wrote
City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab that one's me be..."

I love Victoria Schwab as well but I haven't read Vicious, I am looking forward to City Of Ghosts though!

message 4: by Rain (new)

Rain (eclipse888) | 4 comments If you love her, I'm sure you'll also love vicious

message 5: by Kayla (last edited Jun 10, 2018 02:29PM) (new)

Here is some of my most anticipated read this year
Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper #3) by Kerri Maniscalco
Archenemies (Renegades #2) by Marissa Meyer
A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes, #3) by Sabaa Tahir
My Plain Jane (The Lady Janies, #2) by Cynthia Hand
Wildcard (Warcross #2) by Marie Lu
Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3) by Cassandra Clare

message 6: by Indra (new)

Indra (shivandra) | 5 comments Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7) by Sarah J. Maas

9 From the Nine Worlds (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard) by Rick Riordan

Flashback (Keeper of the Lost Cities #7) by Shannon Messenger

These are the most immediate ones. I have tons others though.

message 7: by Claire (new)

Claire Liv | 1 comments My Plain Jane (The Lady Janies, #2) by Cynthia Hand A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes, #3) by Sabaa Tahir

I loved the previous books, so I am really looking forward to this 2 darlings :p

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) Obsidio was my most anticipated release and it didn't disappoint! My most anticipated books that haven't been released yet are Wildcard and Empire of Storms (in my country it hasn't been released yet)!

message 9: by Kayla (new)

Indira wrote: "Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7) by Sarah J. Maas

9 From the Nine Worlds (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard) by Rick Riordan

Flashback (Keeper of the Lost Cities #7) by Shannon Messenger

These are the most immediate ones. I have tons others though."

Can't wait until Kingdom Of Ash! Miss the series so much

message 10: by Kayla (new)

Claire wrote: "My Plain Jane (The Lady Janies, #2) by Cynthia Hand A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes, #3) by Sabaa Tahir

I loved the previous books, so I am really looking forward to this 2 darlings :p"

Reaper At The Gates comes out tomorrow and I'm super excited! My plain Jane , I know is going to be really good and funny.

message 11: by Kayla (new)

⭐Anni⭐ wrote: "Obsidio was my most anticipated release and it didn't disappoint! My most anticipated books that haven't been released yet are Wildcard and Empire of Storms (in my country it hasn't been released y..."

I really like Obsidio but I don't think it was as good as Illuminae or Gemina. Can't wait til WildCard though!

Gemma ♕ Bookish Gems (bookishgems) Julia wrote: "Those are mine:
City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab that one's me be..."

I am BEYOND excited for City of Ghosts! Favourite author, writing about one of the cities I most want to visit and a subject matter I am obsessed with!?!? It's like, my perfect read!!!

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) @Kayla I somewhat agree about Obisidio, at least concerning the first half. But the ending made up for it and I can't really say which is my favorite book in the trilogy!

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 12 comments My most anticipated release is actually War Storm, though, I'm waiting for it to come out in German which will be in september (I hate switching the cover designs in the middle of a series from one language to the other)

message 15: by Kayla (new)

Vanessa wrote: "My most anticipated release is actually War Storm, though, I'm waiting for it to come out in German which will be in september (I hate switching the cover designs in the middle of a series from one..."

The struggles I know, especially when they change the design or the size of the book. Hope you enjoy WarStorm, I really loved it so hopefully you do too.

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 12 comments Kayla wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "My most anticipated release is actually War Storm, though, I'm waiting for it to come out in German which will be in september (I hate switching the cover designs in the middle of a..."

It is awful already when a cover change happens, but sometimes publishers just stop translating a series in the middle of it and then changes in size, design or even format (hardcover/paperback) are inevitable... its the worst!!!

I hope so too!! Last year when I read King's Cage I actually thought it was the finale and I was so confused after the ending XD