The Fandom discussion

chat room! > Current Reads

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylainbookland) | 120 comments Mod
What are you currently reading and are you enjoying it?

message 2: by Kayla (new)

I'm currently reading Invisible Ghosts and it's fantastic. It's about a love story but the love is getting held back by a ghost. Highly reccomend it!

message 3: by R.K. (new)

message 4: by Rain (new)

Rain (eclipse888) | 4 comments I'm currently reading a german historical fiction about a fictional family, but the plot is interwined with actual historical events, Our Dark Duet, part 2 of the monsters of veriety series and I'm listening to the audiobook of the second part of Lockwood & co. So far I enjoy all of them =D

Kayla wrote: "I'm currently reading Invisible Ghosts and it's fantastic. It's about a love story but the love is getting held back by a ghost. Highly reccomend it!"

sounds interesting! I guess I'll need to check it out

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Julia wrote: "I'm currently reading a german historical fiction about a fictional family, but the plot is interwined with actual historical events, Our Dark Duet, part 2 of the monsters of veriety series and I'm..."

Oh my god I love Dark Duet, No spoilers but it's going to leave you a mess.

message 6: by Rain (new)

Rain (eclipse888) | 4 comments Kayla wrote: "Julia wrote: "I'm currently reading a german historical fiction about a fictional family, but the plot is interwined with actual historical events, Our Dark Duet, part 2 of the monsters of veriety ..."

oh god, do I need to keep some tissues close? O.O

message 7: by Kayla (new)

Julia wrote: "Kayla wrote: "Julia wrote: "I'm currently reading a german historical fiction about a fictional family, but the plot is interwined with actual historical events, Our Dark Duet, part 2 of the monste..."

.....yep

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 12 comments I started my first Colleen Hoover a few days ago (Ugly Love) and I'm very proud of myself, because my friend kept telling me how much she loved her books and I was still here like "nope, can't fangirl with you... I'm sorry..."

And I started Circe for a buddy read and I'm really enjoying it so far!

Oh and I also finished "Doon" a few days ago, but I have yet to write a comprehensible review.. so there's that

message 9: by Kayla (new)

Vanessa wrote: "I started my first Colleen Hoover a few days ago (Ugly Love) and I'm very proud of myself, because my friend kept telling me how much she loved her books and I was still here like "nope, can't fang..."

I really liked Ugly Love! Circe was a great read too actaully.

I have Doon on my shelf, is it worth a read?

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 12 comments Omg, I love Ugly love so far! I mean obviously it is by no means a healthy realtionship between the two, but I'm so drawn to the story and the characters... I really feel for them! (about half way throuhg by now)

And I personally liked Doon! I didn't know the story of Brigadoon before, and, yes, the characters are somewhat cliché, but it was nice. I enjoyed it. I wouldn't expect too much of it and wouldn't take it too seriously. But its light and I will read the second book for sure because it was a nice read.

message 11: by Kayla (new)

I just finished Uncharted and it was a 5 star read for me, it was fantastic.

In this book we follow, Violet as she is flying herself when she meets this really rude guy and she thinks she won't ever see him again until the plane crashes and she and this rude guy are the only two survivors.

Stuck on an island together isn't ideal but they start to become close and their relationship is so beautiful.
There is an age gap in this book, as our heroine is seventeen and the love interest is thirty but you don't notice it apart from when they do talk about it.

I would just highly reccomend this book!

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 12 comments That sounds like an interesting book! Though I must admit the age gap does unsettle me a bit..

message 13: by Kayla (new)

Vanessa wrote: "That sounds like an interesting book! Though I must admit the age gap does unsettle me a bit.."

It did make me uncomfortable at the start but I did get over it

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 12 comments Maybe I'll give it a try! I come across the best books sometimes when I go out of my comfort zone or read books I've been putting off for no apparent reason

message 15: by morgan 🌻 (new)

morgan 🌻 (morganjune2002) | 1 comments I’m currently reading Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst, I love a ff romance especially in a fantasy setting

message 16: by Matilda (new)

Matilda | 2 comments I've been reading Outlander for like a year now. it's weird because I really love it but it's taking me forever to get through

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 12 comments @ Kayla: I did find it online! So I'm going to read it after finishing Ugly Love!

@ Matilda: The second outlander book is sitting on my shelf since an eternity.. I did start it once, but I was so confused, because it seemed like a was missing something huge.. Ever since I thought maybe I just forgot a lot and maybe I should reread the first one.. but I never got around to it.

message 18: by Kayla (new)

Matilda wrote: "I've been reading Outlander for like a year now. it's weird because I really love it but it's taking me forever to get through"

I'm going to read outlander soon, and when I mean soon I mean like a year cause there is so many other books to read

message 19: by Kayla (new)

Vanessa wrote: "@ Kayla: I did find it online! So I'm going to read it after finishing Ugly Love!

@ Matilda: The second outlander book is sitting on my shelf since an eternity.. I did start it once, but I was so ..."

Once you finish it or you are reading it, tell me what you think of it, would love to hear from you!

Mel (Epic Reading) (mel-epicreading) I’m currently reading the last book in Sleeping Giants series by Sylvain Neuvel. Just came out a couple weeks ago. I’ll be sad when this series is over (this is reportedly the last book). And yet I’m dying to finish to know what happens.
😂

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 12 comments I'll definitely let you know!!

message 22: by Kayla (new)

Mel (Epic Reading) wrote: "I’m currently reading the last book in Sleeping Giants series by Sylvain Neuvel. Just came out a couple weeks ago. I’ll be sad when this series is over (this is reportedly the last book). And yet I..."

I really wanted to start the series, do you think I'll like it?

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) I'm currently reading Winter by Marissa Meyer and, as expected, I love it so far!

Michaela (Journey into Books) I'm currently reading What Kitty Did Next and really enjoying it.

message 25: by Kayla (new)

⭐Anni⭐ wrote: "I'm currently reading Winter by Marissa Meyer and, as expected, I love it so far!"

Winter isn't such a great finale. Looks like you've got your hands full with it though because it's about 600 pages long! Enjoy!

message 27: by Kayla (new)

Janessa wrote: "I am currently reading Bleak House Crimson Bound The Dark Days Club Flowers for Algernon An Elephant in the Garden [book:..."

I've only read Crimson bound which was okay and the tempest is really good and my favrouite on your list isn't one of us is lying because it was great!

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 12 comments Janessa wrote: "I am currently reading Bleak House Crimson Bound The Dark Days Club Flowers for Algernon An Elephant in the Garden [book:..."

I've read Flowers for Algernon and One of us is lying and I loved both of them!! I hope you enjoy everything you're reading!! :D

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) @Kayla I really like it so far and I'm almost done! It's over 800 pages actually 😅

message 30: by Paperback (new)

Paperback Cass (paperbackcass) | 3 comments I am currently reading The Upside of Unrequited by. Becky Albertalli.

message 31: by Kayla (new)

Hippie wrote: "I am currently reading The Upside of Unrequited by. Becky Albertalli."

I have read that and that book wasn't for me but hopefully you love it!

message 32: by Kayla (new)

I'm now currently reading A Reaper at the Gates and it's fantastic so far!

message 33: by Paperback (new)

Paperback Cass (paperbackcass) | 3 comments I wasn't expecting much of it but it's okay. In some instances it's ready relatable but almost all the characters piss me off lol

message 34: by Kayla (new)

Hippie wrote: "I wasn't expecting much of it but it's okay. In some instances it's ready relatable but almost all the characters piss me off lol"

That's how I felt and I really like a character-driven story so if I don't like the characters I don't like the book.

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 12 comments I recently read the upside of unrequited as well and while I liked Reid I didn't really like anyone else... Especially Cassie's character I found really annoying, because of how she tries to force Will on Molly. Ugh.

message 36: by Procrastinating (new)

Procrastinating Slytherin (queene19) I just finished The Secret History by Donna Tartt. I thoroughly enjoyed it, though I found it rather challenging at times. I am thinking of picking up An Ember in the Ashes, though I can't help but feel rather hesitant, provided the mixed reviews I've come across lately. What do you think?

message 37: by Josephine (new)

Josephine (jomarie2005) I am currently reading Meet Me in the Strange by Leander Watts. It's pretty interesting so far, but it hasn't really captivated my full attention yet. You know? Like I don't think about reading it unless it's sitting there in front of me. I guess I'll see how it goes - the ending could be spectacular, you never know, right?

message 38: by Kayla (new)

I just finished Welcome to the Underworld and it was amazing. If you enjoy books that have a romance in the mob/Mafia then you'll love this.

message 39: by Ram (new)

Ram (ram120) | 2 comments @ProcastinatingSlytherin, An Ember in the Ashes is a great book. I was also hesistant at first since the characters were cliché and it was ongoing but it exceeded my expectations. Planing to reread it atm so that i ca read the third book :)

message 40: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Wittwer (heidsreads) | 1 comments I'm "currently reading" Tower of Dawn, but I haven't even read a page yet. I'm just scared/ nervous to start it (ik stuoid lol)

message 41: by Paperback (new)

Paperback Cass (paperbackcass) | 3 comments I finished The Upside of Unrequited (review is on my page) and now I'm currently reading Call Me By Your Name.

message 42: by Imogen (new)

Imogen Reeves (purplegems3) | 1 comments I'm currently reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer and I'm enjoying the plot even if my reading slump is holding me back a bit.

message 43: by Melanie.Reads (new)

Melanie.Reads (melaniereads_) | 1 comments I'm currently reading Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts & I'm loving it! Though I am having to take a short breather because one of the characters has me absolutely fuming.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm currently reading America's First Daughter. I'm trying to just read one book at a time, when I read too many books at once I feel overwhelmed.

message 45: by Kayla (new)

Janessa wrote: "I'm currently reading America's First Daughter. I'm trying to just read one book at a time, when I read too many books at once I feel overwhelmed."

Don't put too much pressure on yourself, have a fun reading time!

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 12 comments Hello everyone! :D

I had been very inactive lately as there was so much going on and then I fell into a reading slump. But I got out of it! And now I started the third and final book of the "Gemma Doyle" trilogy by Libba Bray. The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, #3) by Libba Bray

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I've recently starting reading The Assassin's Blade. The fantasy and a strong female protagonist is definitely up my alley.

message 48: by Crystal (new)

Crystal I went on a reading spree a week ago and here are the books I read in 7 days:

- Brightly Burning (4 stars, Jane Eyre set in space)
- A Court of Thorns and Roses (3 stars, first half was slow but second half was great)
- A Court of Mist and Fury (4 stars, great)
- A Court of Wings and Ruin (3 stars, weakest of the 3)

message 49: by Bookish__fangirl (new)

Bookish__fangirl | 2 comments I'm currently reading The Bone Season and it's really interesting.

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) I'm finally reading Empire of Storms and The Last Olympian and I'm enjoying both of them so far!

« previous 1