Christian Nonfiction Lovers Book Club discussion

Author Meet & Greet > Author Book Spotlights (published 90 days+)

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan, Moderator (last edited Jun 14, 2018 11:47AM) (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Authors, you're encouraged to promote your own books that have been published for 90+ days here. The one thing we ask is that you also do the kindness of recommending other authors' books under Let's Talk Christian Nonfiction Topics> Recommended Reading. Thanks! :)

message 2: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (last edited Sep 09, 2018 01:41PM) (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments In My Name by Marja Verschoor-Meijers
Fellow authors, do you enter your books (if self published) in award contests? I did, several times. It is good to get reviews and feedback (or criticism). I entered my latest book 'In My Name' in the Reader's Favorite Awards 2018 contest. I did not win a prize, but the book was a finalist in the category Christian non-fiction - Devotions and Bible studies. So, I am thankful anyway!

message 3: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Congratulations on achieving finalist status for In My Name, Marja. That's a real accomplishment! In My Name is nearing the top of my reading stack and I look forward to starting it soon. :)

message 4: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Thank you Susan, I am happy with the recognition. They receive thousands of books in 140 categories... pff, I am glad to be mentioned :)

Susan wrote: "Congratulations on achieving finalist status for In My Name, Marja. That's a real accomplishment! In My Name is nearing the top of my reading stack and I look forward to starting it soon. :)"

message 5: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Just started In My Name and I'm already enjoying it. It's a provocative topic.

In My Name by Marja Verschoor-Meijers

message 6: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Awesome! I am sure you will get inspired :)
Susan wrote: "Just started In My Name and I'm already enjoying it. It's a provocative topic.

In My Name by Marja Verschoor-Meijers"

message 7: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Just read your Personal God chapter. Loving those insights, Marja!

In My Name by Marja Verschoor-Meijers

message 8: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Thanks Susan. Chapter 6, God reveals His personal name!

message 9: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 17 comments Melchisedec: A Character Study Review

Here is the latest review of Melchisedec: A Character Study on Amazon...

Eye-opening! - February 14, 2019 - Format: Kindle Edition

I have to admit, previously I glanced over the character of Melchisedec in the Bible, mainly due to my lack of understanding. But this study makes the case that he was not just a “mere king” but the pre-incarceration of Jesus. The author uses scripture to clearly show the servanthood, and the continual and consecrated life of our High Priest.

Read reviews on Amazon here:
https://www.amazon.com/Melchisedec-Ch...

message 10: by Ikechukwu (new)

Ikechukwu Joseph (ikechukwujoseph) | 16 comments RT pse Growing unto maturity (Spiritual maturity) https://amzn.to/2HTp622 http://bit.ly/OcijOG http://bit.ly/Oci0mV http://bit.ly/2lL1eiH http://bit.ly/UqHjpa #kindle #Nook #Apple #Kobo

message 11: by Shawn (new)

Shawn Henry Potter Foundations of Democracy in the United States of America: Writings from 1760 to 1774 - Revolution
Foundations of Democracy in the United States of America Writings from 1760 to 1774 - Revolution (#4) by Shawn Henry Potter

We hope you will get your copy of Foundations of Democracy in the United States of America: Writings from 1760 to 1774 – Revolution, and write an honest review on the Amazon web page https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08...

This is book 4 in a 12-volume series that highlights two important points: (1) America’s founders were inspired by the Judeo-Christian understanding that God created all people equal and endowed them with certain unalienable rights, and (2) the founders included a broader circle of people than many realize – white, black, men, women, rich, and poor.

To the second point, the dialogue about equality among people from every segment of American society was decisive. It encouraged all Americans to examine the meaning of equality in a way that most other countries have not. Can a common understanding of the shared heritage of whites and blacks in America promote peace today? We hope so.

You do NOT need a Kindle to read this ebook! You can read it on any computer, tablet, or mobile device using Amazon's free Kindle app available here: https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/fd/kcp

message 12: by Mary (new)

Mary Detweiler (mdetweiler) | 29 comments I have written 3 nonfiction Christian books.

When Therapy Isn’t Enough is about the limits of psychotherapy/counseling. It is written from the perspective of having been a therapist and a therapy client simultaneously. Though therapy is beneficial in that it can help an individual to change thought patterns and behavior patterns, it cannot heal heart wounds. Only God can do that.
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1625861117/...

When Doing Isn’t Enough is about the benefits of waiting on God and the consequences of not waiting. Link:
https://www.amazon.com/When-Doing-Eno...

When Going with the Flow Isn’t Enough discusses how the Christian church maintains and perpetuates gender inequality and the need to come against that so women who are gifted and called to lead or to preach can fulfill their God-given purpose.
Link: https://www.amazon.com/When-Going-Flo...

message 13: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Mary wrote: "I have written 3 nonfiction Christian books.

When Therapy Isn’t Enough is about the limits of psychotherapy/counseling. It is written from the perspective of having been a therapist and a therapy..."

Looks great, Mary! Thanks for posting here.

message 14: by Dean (last edited Jan 01, 2021 11:45AM) (new)

Dean Miller | 6 comments This is my first post on Goodreads, so I hope this isn't self-promotion with out a proper introduction, because I'm not sure what that means. I have written two Christian non-fiction books. The first one, "Jesus Says" is a fresh interpretation of some of the more difficult sayings of Jesus. I would especially be interested in feedback on Chapter 19: "Render unto Caesar...," which presents a totally different interpretation of that answer.

The second book, "The Wise Men and the Star," is a research study of the enigmas of the nativity stories. I have gathered in one book pretty much all of the available information on the Magi, uncovered a fact known to the original readers but lost subsequently and calculated the date when Jesus was born and the date and time of arrival of the Wise Men.

I would love to have someone review this book.

message 15: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Dean G. Miller wrote: "This is my first post on Goodreads, so I hope this isn't self-promotion with out a proper introduction, because I'm not sure what that means. I have written two Christian non-fiction books. The fir..."

Hi Dean,

Nice to see your post. You are welcome to post about your books on the appropriate threads under Author Meet & Greet, as you have. Since you're looking for reviews, you might also want to post that under Review Requests and let our membership know if you're willing to provide a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

Beyond the promotional opportunities under Author Meet & Greet, we hope you'll engage with us on our non-promotional boards. That's the best way to get to know our membership and to help them get to know you. So feel free to jump in on our discussions. It would be great to hear more from you.

message 16: by David (new)

David Knott | 26 comments People keep telling me how helpful they have found my chapter on guidance in The Psalm 23 Life: Experiencing the Love of God Every Day (http://viewbook.at/thepsalm23life), so here’s a snippet from Chapter 3, HE GUIDES ME…

“How are you when it comes to making decisions? Do you make them quickly, confident in the right path to take, or do decisions stress you out for fear of making a mistake? Well I’m definitely towards the stressed-out end of the spectrum. It’s not that I can’t make decisions, I do it all the time, I can even make decisions quickly when I’m on familiar ground, but I know that if I had the choice, I’d sooner put a decision off, and do some more research and analysis, rather than actually decide.

What I find so hard about making a decision is that there seems no place to hide. I have to make it, it’s down to me, and my thinking becomes focused on me. Have I considered all the options? Have I heard God properly? Am I open to what God wants? But thanks to Psalm 23, I’ve realised quite recently that it doesn’t have to be like that. Psalm 23:3 says, ‘He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.’

One of the wonderful things about Psalm 23, is that it doesn’t focus on what I need to do, it concentrates on what God does, and the language is all in the present moment: The Lord is my shepherd; He makes me lie down; He leads me; He restores my soul. These things are wonderful and amazing enough, but in a way they lay the foundation for what comes next, “He guides me”. He, the Lord, the maker of Heaven and Earth, my saviour who is my shepherd guides me. Every time I think of this, I can feel the stress of decision-making melting away.”

message 17: by David (new)

David Knott | 26 comments The Psalm 23 Life Experiencing the Love of God Every Day by David Knott I'm excited to have completed my study guide to:

The Psalm 23 Life: Experiencing the Love of God Every Day

This free study guide includes questions to stimulate thought and discussion, plus a bonus chapter on the life of David to give additional context to the Psalm.

This free resource will help both individuals and small groups get the most out of the book, and thereby help us to become increasingly rooted and established in God's love. I've been encouraged by how many people have said that they want to read the book again with the study guide at their side.

To receive this free resource as a PDF, whether you have bought the book or not, please just email me at:

davidknott.author@gmail.com

message 18: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Thank you for making that resource available David. There is so much in Psalm 23!
David wrote: "The Psalm 23 Life Experiencing the Love of God Every Day by David KnottI'm excited to have completed my study guide to:

[book:The Psalm 23 Life: Experiencing the Love of God Every Day|54803..."

message 19: by Don (new)

Don Boudreaux (don4truth) | 6 comments Greetings in the name of Jesus to all. I am a lover of Jesus, a Vietnam combat veteran, a proud husband, father, and grandfather, a prophetic minister for over 30 years, and as of April of this year, a new, published author through Redemption Press, a Christian publisher. Thirty years ago, the Lord told me to write a book, but I was so surprised by Him telling me this that I asked that He would confirm this word for me. So, around thirty years later(lol!), He caused a prophetess, whom I’d never met, to tell me that it was time for me to write that book.

So, I wrote a book where I Chronicle many of my experiences in the Vietnam War and correlate those experiences to scripture and to many realities of spiritual warfare for Christians. Since I became a believer in 1975, my wife and I have experienced extraordinary attacks from Satan in enumerable areas, so I came to realize that once a person becomes a believer, the war is on. I also came to understand from the Lord that one of His big reasons for sending me to Vietnam—though I was not a Christian then—was so that He could teach me about war and how to connect that physical reality to the vital reality of spiritual war against the devil.

So, in my book, Vietnam and Christianity, I expound on how Satan attacks and I try to encourage believers to pick up their spiritual sword (the Word of God) and truly “fight” Satan with the authority that Christ has given to us. For instance, when I discuss the weapons of prayer and intercession, I correlate an experience where the sound of a certain weapon is like a thump on the devil’s head. I also discuss a story where our troop was under attack once and we were saved by a gunship helicopter which brought aerial support for our guys. But I then correlate that story to how the Lord uses angels at times to fly in, as it were, to help in times of difficult trials in our lives, and I also share experiences that I’ve had with angels during my walk with Christ.

I also explain the use of other weapons against Satan by boldly discussing prophetic ministry and the use of other spiritual gifts, the power of forgiveness, the effectiveness of speaking forth scripture to knock down demonic strongholds, and the powerful aid of relying on other believers for help against Satan’s schemes. I also share a great deal of my personal testimony including my struggles and victories over Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and how the Lord continues to work wonderfully in my life to deliver me of this condition.

My primary aim in writing the book is to cause believers to be encouraged that they truly have God-given weapons to fight and defeat Satan even though times and trials are difficult for us as children of God. I also wrote the book to encourage military veterans and current military personnel to either be strengthen and encouraged in the Lord or to turn to Him for the first time. Finally, I deeply want and pray that many unbelievers read this book and are drawn by the Holy Spirit to turn from their sins and embrace the love, beauty, and power found in a relationship with Jesus Christ.

If you are interested in helping me promote the book, please visit and like my Facebook page shown below, or if you would like to read and review the book for me, please shoot me an email and I’ll send you a free eCopy or paperback copy. May the Lord bless and strengthen all who read the book, in the mighty name of Jesus.

Note: Since I am not tech savvy, my son creates, posts, and manages all my content for me with my approval.

Email: Don4truth@gmail.com
FB Author Page: http://Facebook.com/don4truth
Amazon listing: https://www.amazon.com/Vietnam-Christ...
Redemption Press listing: https://redemption-press.com/product/...

message 20: by David (new)

David Knott | 26 comments A PSALM OF DAVID
Hi Everyone,
I'm serializing my bonus chapter (to The Psalm 23 Life: Experiencing the Love of God Every Day) on Medium. It's on the life of King David, and you can read the first part for free using this Friend Link:
https://medium.com/pelos-press/a-psal...

message 21: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments David wrote: "A PSALM OF DAVID
Hi Everyone,
I'm serializing my bonus chapter (to The Psalm 23 Life: Experiencing the Love of God Every Day) on Medium. It's on the life of King David, and you can ..."

It's interesting that you're getting into serializing your work. Did you know you can also do that through Kindle Vella on Amazon KDP?

message 22: by David (new)

David Knott | 26 comments Thanks Susan, I've heard of Vella, but not really looked into it.
I'll check it out :)

message 23: by David (new)

David Knott | 26 comments DAVID AND GOLIATH
Hi Everyone,
Here is the second part in the series looking at the life of King David, as an introduction to my book "The Psalm 23 Life: Experiencing the Love of God Every Day".

You can read it for free using this link:

https://medium.com/pelos.../david-and...

message 24: by David (new)

David Knott | 26 comments A CHRISTMAS PSALM
HE CAME to be my shepherd, I lack nothing.
HE CAME to make me lie down in green pastures,
HE CAME to lead me beside quiet waters,
HE CAME to refresh my soul.
HE CAME to guide me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
YOU CAME to be with me,
so that even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil;
YOU CAME that your rod and your staff,
might comfort me.
YOU CAME to prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
YOU CAME to anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
YOU CAME to make sure your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and because YOU CAME, I will dwell in the house of the Lord
for ever.

You could help someone experience the love of God this Christmas by giving them:
The Psalm 23 Life: Experiencing the Love of God Every Day
The Psalm 23 Life Experiencing the Love of God Every Day by David Knott

message 25: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments David wrote: "A CHRISTMAS PSALM
HE CAME to be my shepherd, I lack nothing.
HE CAME to make me lie down in green pastures,
HE CAME to lead me beside quiet waters,
HE CAME to refresh my soul.
HE CAME to guide me..."

Thanks for sharing, David. :)