Play Book Tag discussion

Are You Sleeping
This topic is about Are You Sleeping
Archive: Other Books > Are You Sleeping - Kathleen Barber - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (last edited Jun 26, 2018 05:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kelly | 848 comments In Are You Sleeping, a podcast series is being dedicated to reinvestigating the more than a decade old murder of professor Chuck Buhrman. The podcast looks at the motives, discusses the man convicted of the crime and asks the question of whether the right person was charged. While social media is commenting on all this, the lives of the actual people involved are affected. There is a death in the Buhrman family coinciding with the series and old tensions are brought up between the twin daughters, Josie and Lanie, who have not spoken in years.

Josie had left to move on from the murder and the ways she feels people have let her down, but the funeral makes her return to the town where she grew up. She needs to face her past and her sister. During this the person posting the podcast has come to town looking for information.

I liked how the author used modern elements of the podcasts and social media reactions to add to the story. The book focused on relationships and was suspenseful at the same time. I enjoyed this thriller.

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments Sounds good and as a podcast fan I'm doubly intrigued.