Play Book Tag discussion

Lost Light (Harry Bosch, #9; Harry Bosch Universe, #11)
This topic is about Lost Light
Archive: Other Books > Lost LIght by Michael Connelly - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2327 comments Harry Bosch, recently retired after 28 years with the LAPD, finds himself at loose ends with not enough action in his life. He decides to look into a murder case from 4 years ago, one that he investigated for a short time. Angella Benton worked for a film company that had borrowed $2 million dollars from a local bank for a movie shoot. Although security on the set was tight, the money was stolen during a shootout and later Angella's body was discovered in her apartment building. Harry has never been able to get Angella out of his mind and he is determined to find out what happened to her.

Now that he does not carry a badge, although he does have his PI license, not as many doors are open to him as when he was with the LAPD. Harry spends time visiting a police acquaintance who was paralyzed during a robbery shortly after the Angella Benton murder. He is given information from this ex-cop that leads him in directions that raise the ire of the current police force and the FBI. Suddenly, Harry himself has become the target of rogue agents, men involved in the original movie set heist, and police he thought were his friends.

Although I have been following Harry Bosch for years, this is one I missed along the way. It was a good one with clever plotting and more action than Harry ever thought he would face in his retirement.

message 2: by annapi (new) - added it

annapi | 5159 comments One of my favorite series, both in book form and TV! It's still going strong!