The Walt Longmire Book Series & TV Show Group discussion

Let's Talk about the Stars > Walter 'Walt' Longmire (Sheriff)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (last edited Aug 05, 2014 03:25PM) (new)

Brenda (butterflyprincess) | 212 comments Mod
Join in with your thoughts and opinions on Walter 'Walt' Longmire (Robert Taylor) and his relationships with the other stars and guest stars.

message 2: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Sue no one is perfect. No forgiveness needed.

I like and agree with your perspective of Walt. I think he feels the pain of those he cares for and the world.

message 3: by Mark (new)

Mark | 34 comments I do not think they could have cast a better person for Walt than Robert Taylor. He has done a superb job bring the Walt of Craig Johnson's books to the television screen.

message 4: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Mark wrote: "I do not think they could have cast a better person for Walt than Robert Taylor. He has done a superb job bring the Walt of Craig Johnson's books to the television screen."

I agree with you Mark. If they had used a popular American actor we would never have known Longmire, just that particular actor. According to Craig Johnson a American actor was asked to read for the part but decided he wanted to go with another western on a popular network that was not renewed after the first season. His lost. Our Gain!!!!! We were very lucky!!!!

message 5: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Hamilton | 35 comments Robert Taylor brings such understated silence to this series. i heard that craig johnson was thrilled that he brought Walt to life. may i say Robert Taylor also works his tail off, which Longmire does in the books. just an aside, that episode with the dog soldier to run in those jeans, not exactly great running togs and boots...over that terrain, this man takes a beating and he is in almost every scene. wow

message 6: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Hamilton | 35 comments oh my, they need to GIVE Henry more of a place as they do in the books. That being said, how to accomodate all with all those characters, and purist that i am, walt and vic are more in the books and i noticed they gave her spots to branch. cant win them all, i guess

message 7: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Danielle wrote: "Robert Taylor brings such understated silence to this series. i heard that craig johnson was thrilled that he brought Walt to life. may i say Robert Taylor also works his tail off, which Longmire..."

I never really considered what Robert was wearing when he ran after the dog soldier. You are right that would be awfully tough to run. If they took that shoot as one, then Robert did not even appear to be very winded.

message 8: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Hamilton | 35 comments well i knew he was....one thing he did on the pause...was he spit.......that is a sure sign you are exerting a lot of effort....back in my running days..and before i had learned that spitting like that was not ladylike...you spit...he even had his hands on his thighs as he straightened up....i am struck by how much these episodes get dissected...and getting struck even a glancing blow by a horse in full gallop...the dude impressed me....anyway just an aside...does anyone know how long it would take season 3 to get to netflix...not sure how long a n e will run those last two episodes

message 9: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Danielle I really don't have any idea. But, I'll try to find out for you.

message 10: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Hamilton | 35 comments thanks

message 11: by Lorelei (new)

Lorelei Hawkins | 30 comments According to Robert (during LONGMIRE Days Q &A) he does a lot of his own stunts including rappelling (somthing he is experienced at) and it was his idea to use the handcuffs for a carabiner.

P.S. for what it's worth I had a conversation with Hunt Baldwin about that scene and the moved body at the base on the cliff.

message 12: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Lorelei that is a great tidbit!!! I always thought Robert was fairly fit but this re-enforces that impression. Using the handcuffs was brilliant and such a great idea since he really couldn't pull out ropes or anything else like he was prepared. It had to be spontaneous and natural.