The Hopefuls discussion

Carrie > Carrie's Birthday Card

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Flo (new)

Flo Oram (itsjustflo) | 57 comments Hey again Hopefuls, it’s Flo!

Yes, I have another idea (don’t worry this will probably be the last for this year but who knows)! Basically, because Carrie loved the poster so much (she told me she’s watched the video and it’s in her room) I decided to do another project!

I’m heading down to Les Mis a few days after Carrie’s birthday, I know we all wish we could group down and go wish her a happy birthday but that can’t happen. So, my plan is to get a giant card for her (I’ve found the perfect one already) and get as many Hopefuls as possible to write her a birthday message. I will then hand write all of these.

Please please do not make them super long a) my hand will literally die and b) I want so many Hopefuls to help with this! So short is good!

Once you have your message you can get it to me by the following

twitter- twitter.com/y0itsflo

email- alwaysahopeful@gmail.com

tumblr- caution-itsafangirl.tumblr.com

I will need these by October 1st!

I’m going to try and keep this hidden from Carrie, so it’s like a surprise like the poster was!

Thanks again guys!xxx

message 2: by Milan (new)

Milan (thehopelesspizza) | 17 comments that's such a good idea :)

message 3: by Flo (new)

Flo Oram (itsjustflo) | 57 comments Milan wrote: "that's such a good idea :)"

Are you in?

message 4: by Marcela (new)

Marcela (xo_cella) | 2 comments This is an awesome idea, when should we start giving you the messages?

message 5: by Flo (new)

Flo Oram (itsjustflo) | 57 comments Cellakins wrote: "This is an awesome idea, when should we start giving you the messages?"
Whenever you have the message!

message 6: by Milan (new)

Milan (thehopelesspizza) | 17 comments @Flo yeah I'm in. I'll probably send you an email later today. :)

message 7: by Flo (new)

Flo Oram (itsjustflo) | 57 comments Milan wrote: "@Flo yeah I'm in. I'll probably send you an email later today. :)"

Aw thank you!:)x

message 8: by Otti (new)

Otti Fae | 47 comments I'm totally in! I'll tweet you later :) xo

message 9: by Lovisa (new)

Lovisa (lovisaros) | 8 comments Such a nice idea! I'll send you and email tomorrow! :) x

message 10: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (RingoLucy) | 27 comments Lovely idea Flo :) You can count on me for this project of course! I'll send you my message as soon as it is ready ;) Have a nice day xx

message 11: by Rikki (new)

Rikki (rikkicaron) | 112 comments I'm in <3

message 12: by Morganna (new)

Morganna | 59 comments I'll send you an email tonight :) I love this idea

message 13: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Smith (jasmine_24601) sounds great!!!

message 14: by Milan (new)

Milan (thehopelesspizza) | 17 comments Hi Flo I sent you an email last night. Did you get it?
:)

message 15: by Flo (new)

Flo Oram (itsjustflo) | 57 comments Milan wrote: "Hi Flo I sent you an email last night. Did you get it?
:)"

I did thank you lovely! It's been typed up so I don't loose it!

message 16: by Milan (new)

Milan (thehopelesspizza) | 17 comments Flo wrote: "Milan wrote: "Hi Flo I sent you an email last night. Did you get it?
:)"

I did thank you lovely! It's been typed up so I don't loose it!"

Oh okay great! :)

message 17: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashiew) Cool! I am about to email you a message :)

message 18: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashiew) Aww thanks for sending me a kind email back. I am so excited to see Carrie's reaction! <3

message 19: by Morganna (new)

Morganna | 59 comments I sent an email yesterday, did you receive it? :)

message 20: by Flo (new)

Flo Oram (itsjustflo) | 57 comments Morganna- I do believe I did! If your name is Morgan on the email I have!x

message 21: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Lane | 2 comments aww i love it , i will email you later tonight :)

message 22: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebestevenson) | 5 comments I loved the poster that you did so will definitely be sending you a message soon! X

message 23: by Morganna (new)

Morganna | 59 comments i just double checked my email and im fairly certain i signed off as morganna. maybe i got the email wrong. i'll try again

message 24: by Kaari (new)

Kaari Uninvited (goodreadscomuninvited) | 10 comments Just send an email :) Great idea!

message 25: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 10 comments I sent an email yesterday and I just wanted to check that you got it :)

message 26: by Flo (new)

Flo Oram (itsjustflo) | 57 comments If you have sent an email I have got it :-)

message 27: by Molly (new)

Molly | 22 comments I am in! I will send you an email as soon as possible!

message 28: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Kelly | 5 comments I'll definitely be involved! X

message 29: by Grace (new)

Grace Smith (gracecsmith) This sounds great I'll email you

message 30: by Rachel O (new)

Rachel O (rachelophotography) | 10 comments Sounds fantastic. I'll send an email now!

message 31: by Flo (new)

Flo Oram (itsjustflo) | 57 comments Thank you to you guys for helping me with this, it truly means a lot! All your kind words about it really spur me on to do it and also your messages to Carrie are the cutest! I don't know how many of you know me from the other project I did back in April! So if you are new, I filmed Carrie's reaction to it (I will do with this one as well!) But if you want to see what kind of reaction she gives it can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL5Hf...

message 32: by Fatima (last edited Aug 04, 2014 03:28AM) (new)

Fatima (fmhm) | 16 comments I've sent it. Did you get it?

message 33: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashiew) Flo wrote: "Thank you to you guys for helping me with this, it truly means a lot! All your kind words about it really spur me on to do it and also your messages to Carrie are the cutest! I don't know how many ..."

Aww :) We love to help out. :)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

this is a great way to get everybody to wish her a happy birthday. I will follow you on twitter and send you a DM x

message 35: by Catalina (new)

Catalina (catalinaa) | 152 comments Aww this is so lovely! You have the greatest ideas Flo! I'll send mine in as soon as I can :)

message 36: by Danielle Rose (new)

Danielle Rose | 33 comments I am sending an email as we speak :) Please let me know if you get it!

message 37: by Flo (new)

Flo Oram (itsjustflo) | 57 comments Danielle wrote: "I am sending an email as we speak :) Please let me know if you get it!"
I have it! Thank you so much!

message 38: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (RingoLucy) | 27 comments Hi Flo :)
I send you an email a few days ago, I just wanted to know if received it :) Thank-you again for everything xx

message 39: by Flo (new)

Flo Oram (itsjustflo) | 57 comments Lucy: Yeah I have it don't worry!

message 40: by Darby (new)

Darby | 217 comments Is it cool if I send step by step instructions for drawing one of my unicorns. They literally require no talent whatsoever, so if you can't art, you can still do it. And they don't take up much space, which is a plus. I'll send it on Twitter after I hear back from you <3

message 41: by Flo (last edited Aug 17, 2014 12:26PM) (new)

Flo Oram (itsjustflo) | 57 comments The card I planned sadly has to be scraped as Carrie announced the dates that she is away from Les Mis and unfortunately one of the dates is the one i'm planning to go to!

I'm so so so so sorry but there is nothing I can do unless we can rebook.

So for now stop sending messages, as it can't happen.

I'm sorry, please don't hate me.

message 42: by Catalina (new)

Catalina (catalinaa) | 152 comments Flo wrote: "The card I planned sadly has to be scraped as Carrie announced the dates that she is away from Les Mis and unfortunately one of the dates is the one i'm planning to go to!

I'm so so so so sorry bu..."

Don't worry about it! I'm sure everyone else will understand and definitely won't hate you :)

Although I was thinking that maybe we could organize something else, like a video or a digital collage or something that we could send to her via twitter or tumblr instead. Would anyone be interested in doing something like that? xx

message 43: by Flo (new)

Flo Oram (itsjustflo) | 57 comments Sure thing!

message 44: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashiew) Hey it is okay Flo. No one hates you! :) I understand completely. It isn't your fault. And plus why would people get mad, you only had the best of intentions in mind. :) *pinkie*

And Catalina gave me an idea, is there a way we could still send her those messages via internet? Idk we could use tumblr or twitter? Maybe someone could make a collage type of thing with some pictures maybe with all of the birthday messages. So instead of redoing all of our messages we could just transfer the idea to a video or something instead of a card. Or was that what you meant Catalina? Either way let me know if this is even a good idea. I don't know. It is clear you are upset Flo so I hope the idea will help or at least make you feel better. I hope you all have a lovely day :) <3

message 45: by Flo (new)

Flo Oram (itsjustflo) | 57 comments Ashley: I'm more than happy to do that! I'm just sad I won't get to see her reaction to it but hey if everyone else is up for this I can!x

message 46: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashiew) Whatever you want to do Flo :) I just thought your message sounded a bit sad so I wanted to send another possible option your way to make you happy :) But if you still want a reaction we can always find another way :) Never give up hope haha :)

message 47: by Flo (new)

Flo Oram (itsjustflo) | 57 comments Ashley: This is true! I'll think it over as all of this is just new information! thank you once again!

message 48: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashiew) No problem :) Just don't let it stress you out. And also it is very kind of you to even plan all of this out in the first place; I can only imagine how much work something like this takes :) A true Hopeful :)

message 49: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (kalabear) | 1 comments Hey I have literally just joined this group and read this thread.

Maybe you could ask Carrie if she would film her reaction to the video whilst watching it? So you can get an instant reaction? I don't know if that would work as I don't know how much communication you have with Carrie but I just wondered of that might be an option? Sorry if it isn't.

:).

message 50: by Flo (new)

Flo Oram (itsjustflo) | 57 comments I forgot to tell you guys! I'm going another weekend so the card will be back on so you can send messages :-)

« previous 1