Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > How to Kill Goliath: Contemporary YA 60k

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 2 comments Hello everyone! I'm looking for beta readers for my contemporary YA story (60k words), How to Kill Goliath. I've had the manuscript critiqued by a former editor in RandomHouse's YA division but want to get additional perspectives. Here is a blurb:

No one is at their best in high school; everyone has giants they’re fighting. But if everyone has a giant, Ethan’s is freaking Goliath. He’s a singer without a voice, a lover without a love, and a romantic without anything to be optimistic about, which all started with a little tick carrying Lyme disease. To make matters worse, the city actually pulled through for once and made the high school wheelchair accessible. So after a year of bingeing PBS documentaries and TLC programming under the pretense of homeschooling, Ethan is forced to go back to school and be reminded of all the things he’s lost since freshman year. He’ll be forced to feel small again. Sometimes, though, it’s the smallest people who end up killing Goliath.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (liseym) | 4 comments Hi mate, I can commit to 3 chapters if you're still interested?
I have beta'd for quite a few people and I can tell you what I think works, and what doesn't.

My email is: idledreams2@hotmail.com
Cheers.

message 3: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 2 comments Great! I'd love to send it your way!