✎ 1x1 ✐ discussion

1x1 > Baetool and Anna

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 2: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments Thank youu

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments You're welcome. Should we think up who actually stole the item or work to figure that out as we go along?

message 4: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments I don’t really know who it should be so let’s work it out later

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments How much do you usually do for a character template?

message 6: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments Usually just the basics, name, age, species and appearance (image or description).

message 7: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments I’m getting the laser operation for the eyes so I’ll be gone for at least 4 days. Just wanted to warn you.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments Sounds good.

Alright, thanks for letting me know. I hope it all goes well.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments Well I got my two characters figured out for the most part. Just need a little help on choosing an appearance for them and would like your opinion.

For my male werewolf:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/5230509...
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/5452170...
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/6929914...

For my female thief:

message 10: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments Heyy, I’m kind of back. Shall I make a character sheet?

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments Sounds good. :)

message 12: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments Alright. Sorry, I still can’t see really well so my replies will be spotty.

Name: Elias Havilliard
Species: immortal warlock
Appearance: https://pin.it/vfgwpytmjnqrjp
https://pin.it/icxaphrtlildoi
https://pin.it/zydfyzqxwhtjkt

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments Name: Amra Trisrel
Species: Elf
Appearance: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/5230509...
Background: Born 1874, Amra was born into a wealthy family during the Victorian era. She learned all of what was expected of a lady of her status. At the same time though there were clearly secrets being kept by her family. Her father wanting her to go to a special school to 'refine her inner talents', yet Amra was always disinterested. At fifteen Amra's parents were murdered while she was at a party with friends. Devastated Amra wasn't sure where to turn. Going through her parents things she found again the brochure of that academy her father had wanted her to go to. Wanting to grant one of his last wishes she decided to give it a go. Learning all too quickly just what was so special about this hidden away academy. Getting taught in the arts of fighting, lying, and stealing. Coming to learn just how her parents had gotten so rich. Trouble was the money her parents had saved up wouldn't last forever. Especially not for her race. After attending four years at the academy she went on to become a thief for hire.

Name: Wesley Abrim
Species: Werewolf
Appearance: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/5230509...
Background: Born 1888, Wesley lived a fairly normal and simple life. His parents being farmers. Until the day his home was attacked by a werewolf when he was twelve. Wesley should of died along with his family but he didn't. Instead having to learn about his new cursed life the hard way. Through the years he learned to adapt. When the civil war came around though he decided to join up. Quickly being admitted into their Special Forces for the talents he so clearly had with his enhanced abilities. Joining in many wars through the years. Always managing to help his side come out on top. What most didn't know about Wesley was that his talents had got him noticed enough that he became a sort of hit man for hire. Getting paid to take out certain people. One of those people became Elias. The man fearing Elias was coming for him and paying Wesley lots to take care of the problem. Yet when the two officially met and he found out what the warlock was doing Wesley didn't finish the job. Instead letting the man get what was coming to him and becoming friends with Elias in turn.

message 14: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments They’re really cool!

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments Thank you! :) I know we didn't really talk about how Elias and Wesley became friends so I hope you're alright with my explanation for how it came to be.

message 16: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments It’s great, don’t worry! Did we agree on how to start? Sorry, I’m a little forgetful.
Also, about my character’s backgrounds, I generally build them up along the plot. I can write them out now, though, if you’d like.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments No, we haven't really discussed yet on how we might start. I had two ideas. If you wanted to start we could have Elias finding out he's getting out of prison. If you wanted me to start I was thinking of starting with Wesley coming to pick Elias up. If you have another idea you'd rather do instead though we can do that. :) Nah, I really only did the background thing to show the idea I had for how Wesley and Elias met. Then after doing that I thought it would look weird not doing one for Amra. We can keep your girl's a mystery and of course we already know Elias's

message 18: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments Sure. I think it would be best if you started for now, I’ll respond as soon as I can. Alright, it’s fine. And I had the same ideas in my head tbh.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments Alright, sounds good. Glad we were on the same page. I'll try and get a first post in later today. :)

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments ((Sorry about the holdup))

Wesley still had trouble believing the call. Yet for all of the unbelievably of it he still found himself headed towards the prison where his friend was being kept. Honestly for all the time that Elias had been in there now in Wesley's mind it still didn't feel like that long ago that Elias had been found guilty. Remembering how it made front page news. Papers, internet, and all over the television. Media had gotten a field day with the case. Of course as much as it pained Wesley they'd had enough on his friend to keep Elias in prison for a few life terms. Not that it made too much of a difference on a warlock like Elias. Maybe they were just hoping it would give Elias time to think on his life choices. Even now such a thought made Wesley snort. Doubting Elias had changed much from the man he'd known. A good man who was only trying to serve out justice the best way he knew how. Especially with how blind the law was when someone waved enough money in their face.
Yet today a call had come. Someone who had used a device to distort their voice. Telling Wesley that strings had been pulled and he better go pick up his friend who'd be waiting outside the prison gates for him. They had also had a message for him to deliver as well. One he hadn't as of yet been able to figure out. Yet it had stayed on his mind ever since the call ended and he had started heading towards the prison in his car. Clearly Elias and him had a lot to discuss. Supposing of course that this wasn't some kind of hoax. Wesley spotting the prison in the distance now.

message 21: by Eden (last edited Jun 24, 2018 10:02AM) (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments Elias was thoroughly confused. He wasn’t supposed to be out for at least another 50 years. It was just that morning that they’d told him he was bailed out. By who? How? When? They hadn’t even asked him where he’d go or who would pick him up. He was just... let out. It was true that Elias hadn’t even tried to coax or manipulate any questions out of them. He was just glad he could go back to his reality. Killing people. A smile lifted onto his lips as they removed the cuffs off his hands and it wasn’t a normal smile. It was cruel, gruesome even. The smile of a killer. It was true that no one knew about his true intentions with the killings but it was still a wonderful feeling to see the expressions on their faces. As long as he kept his ruse up. Hours after they first told him he was released, he sat at the bus stop near the prison, in the clothes he’s had before he was imprisoned. He looked around, wondering how he was supposed to get back on his feet and how he’d even get anywhere.

((Sorry, I’m not great with writing more than a paragraph.))

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments ((That's perfectly fine))

There was a bit of surprise when Wesley spotted Elias at the bus stop. The person hadn't lied. He was out. Stopping by his friend and rolling down the window.
"Need a ride stranger?" Wesley asks his old friend playfully. Still wondering how in the heck Elias had gotten out at all. Sure that everyone at the prison was just as shocked as well. Elias had never lied nor shown remorse about what he had done. Yet here he was, a free man once more. What kind of crazy was this? Yet at the same time Wesley couldn't help but be happy about it.

message 23: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments Elias looked up and blinked a little. He peered inside the car and his eyebrows raised, “Wesley?” He wondered with a slight frown. He stared at him warily. “How do I know it’s really you?” He asked him quickly, though he was already standing up and slowly walking over to the car. He didn’t reveal anything on how he’d gotten out or why or if he knew all those details at all, since in reality, he didn’t. He carefully crossed his arms as he got closer.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments "If that's how you feel I could of always picked up the bum I passed on the way here instead. He might of been more grateful. Granted he probably would of expected food. Speaking of you hungry?" Wesley asks, auto unlocking the passenger side door for Elias. Knowing he had questions but at the same time had some explaining to do himself. Something that was all the easier done on the way to lunch.

message 25: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments He paused and shrugged. He got into the car. Whether it was Wesley or not, it didn’t matter, he just needed to get somewhere. He could ditch the guy, if he was an imposter, when they got to the city. And if he was dumb enough to try to attack him, well... he hoped someone would help him because Elias wasn’t known for mercy. “Famished. Didn’t even have breakfast.” He had a feeling that it really was Wes, no one could pull off the guy’s cockiness like him. He was still suspicious however, things change over a century.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments "Sounds good. Food it is then." Wesley figuring he'd just stop at what ever food place came up first. Figuring anything likely tasted better than prison food anyway. "Its been a while. How did prison treat you?" Wesley asks by way of conversation after they had been driving a little while. Best to get the most awkward part out of the way. At least that was the way he saw it. Sure that his old friend hadn't changed any. Yet who knew for sure after so much time. Some people did change even if it seemed like the most unexpected thing for them to.

message 27: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments Elias gave him a look, “I wonder, Wesley. How do you think prison treated me in the last century?” He asked him with a roll of his eyes. “You haven’t changed one bit, have you?” He sighed, though he couldn’t keep the grin off his face. “Nice to see you again, mate.” He gave him a little punch on the shoulder to tell him that he knew that it was him now.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments "Was it only a century? Could of swore it felt a lot longer. You know time really flies when you live such a carefree life." Wesley says, chuckling after Elias punches his shoulder in the old way they used to do. "Anyway, all pleasantries aside old friend it seems there's much more to your release than meets the eye. I'm sure you're wondering how I knew to come pick you up today when for all anyone else knew, including myself, you weren't suppose to be getting out anytime soon."

message 29: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments Elias, though he hadn’t mentioned it, had begun to assume that Wesley had bailed him out, not wondering where he might’ve gotten the money from. “I had at least another 4 centuries left. I am wondering that,” he said. “So you’re saying you don’t know?” He asked. “Why or how I’d gotten out?” He asked, hoping he would tell him that he was just teasing him and that Elias would have to pay him back eventually.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments "Now I'm not saying that exactly." Pulling into a diner Wesley parked the car. "Let's eat and I'll tell you my side of things. Or at least the little that I know. Deal?" Considering both of them had big appetites Wesley knew the food would do them both some good as he explained things and they worked to figure this mystery out.

message 31: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments Elias got out of the car and looked around, scanning the area. He had always been slightly paranoid, so making sure no one suspicious was around was something he did often. “Alright,” he frowned deeply because if Wes hadn’t gotten him out... who had? What was going on? The feeling of being watched suddenly prickled across his neck.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments Even if Wesley hadn't known that his friend was always overly suspicious of things he definitely couldn't blame him for being so this time around. There were a lot of unanswered questions and honestly Wesley knew he wasn't going to be able to answer very many. Especially when he had quite a few of his own. Getting them seated down and orders placed before going about explaining what he knew.
"Today I received a call. I don't know by who. They were using a device to disguise their true voice. They were the one to tell me you were getting out today and that I should be there to pick you up." Wesley explains to Elias. His foot not able to sit still as he went on with the next part. "They also said to tell you that something you tried to hide has been stolen."

Amra went past the diner at first. Watching her targets turn at it. Driving a little way further before turning back around and parking her car across the lot from them. Getting into the diner and picking a corner seat, with Elias and Wesley in a clear view point to her. Even going so far as to order something to suggest that nothing was unnatural about her being there other than to eat.

message 33: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments Elias sat down across from his friend and grabbed a menu from the table even though he already knew he wanted burger. His mouth watered at the thought but then hefroze as soon as he heard the last part of his explanation. “What?” He asked him even though he had heard him the first time. Instinct told him to get up and leave already but... again, there was a prickle at the back of his neck. Someone had to be following them, he was sure of it. He carefully looked around the place they were at. He looked at each person but didn’t see anyone suspicious.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments "Yeah, it was the weirdest thing. It has to be connected to why you were let out." That much was obvious Wesley was sure. "Wish I had more info than that but currently that's where we're at." Wesley admits to his friend. Noticing Elias looking around at the few handful of people other than them in the diner. Their waitress coming back over to take their order. Wesley easily ordering them two burgers with fries. Hoping that Elias's appetite hadn't changed in all those years. Waiting for the waitress to leave again before whispering to his friend. "So, anyone look particularly suspicious?" He asks him, if not a bit jokingly considering he knew just how suspicious his friend could be.

message 35: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments “Did they call your phone?” Elias asked carefully, his eyes lingering on one person who wasn’t Amra. “No, no one suspicious,” he said and looked away. He looked back at his friend. “So, any theories?” He questioned, sitting forward. He nodded, approving the order his friend had made. Though he would never admit it but he was thoroughly excited for this burger. He was tired of ashy prison food.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments "Yeah, strangely enough they got my cellphone number somehow." Wesley tells him before shrugging his shoulders at Elias's next question. "No clue. Sounds like it has more to do with you than me. Got any other friends that I don't know about who might help you out? Or any clue what they might be talking about? They said something of yours was missing." Wesley reminds him. Having to wonder if his friend felt like sharing what it might mean or if Elias even knew himself.

message 37: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments “I don’t have any other friends,” Elias said, tapping his fingers on the table between them. “Yes, I have a feeling I do know what they’re talking about,” he sat back tensely, trying to stop himself from scanning the diner again. “Maybe there’s a way to track the number down. Don’t you have a tech friend who works with this stuff?” He asked him. “Maybe they could help out.”

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments "I might just so happen to know someone like that. The problem is I'm the one that already owes her a favor not the other way around." Wesley admits. "Though I suggest we go and check to see if your stuff is actually gone or not, or if this has all been some sort of ruse." Wesley still not understanding what missing stuff had to do with Elias being busted out of prison early. Clearly there was something more serious going on. Their conversation stopping a moment when their food arrives. Wesley thanking the waitress before beginning the new business of practically inhaling his food. Having not eaten anything yet all day.

message 39: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments “No, we can’t go,” Elias said firmly, keeping his voice low. “For all we know, this is a trap,” he said, “is my house still in tact or did you burn it down?” He asked, only half joking. His house was one that not everyone knew about, especially not the government, otherwise they would’ve taken it the moment he had been arrested. It was hidden at the edge of his hometown, just inside the forest. He had given Wesley permission to stay in it while he had still been free and he assumed that he was still staying there. He had no idea what things had changed since he had been imprisoned.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments "Oh it's still there. In between the magical locks you put on it and the physical ones I did I hope no one has been stupid enough to go in there. It's honestly hard for me to stay too long in there with how strong of a magical smell the place gives off." Wesley admits. "Anything might be a trap honestly. What do you want to do instead, move to Mexico?" Wesley asks Elias jokingly. "There's only one way to find out if the person who contacted me was telling the truth or not." As much as he hated to admit it there it was. What could they really do. "Unless you have a magic trick up your sleeve that might help us."

message 41: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments He rolled his eyes, “so now you’re saying my house smells bad?” He asked, “you’re going to have to find somewhere else to live, I reckon,” he joked and then rubbed a hand down his face. “If we go to get it then if someone is watching us, we’ll be leading them right there. We could always lay a trap,” he said, lowering his voice so no one else could here. “If we lay a trap and nothing happens, then we’ll go check.”

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments Wesley wondered just what his friend had in mind. How could they lay a trap without going to the place to lay it first? Still he was certain his friend had something up his sleeve. Just now wasn't the place to discuss such things. While Wesley wasn't as hugely suspicious as Elias he also knew there were just some things that weren't discussed in public. "I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it. Now are you going to eat that?" Wesley asks in regards to the burger sitting in front of Elias. "I know I owe my friend but I'm sure she'll help us regardless with her tech savy ways."

message 43: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments “I’ve been eating soppy prison food for a century, of course I’m going to eat that,” Elias said and gave him a look. He looked down at the burger and his stomach grumbled. He picked it up in his hands and stared at it. “This better be good,” he warned him before he took a bite. It was probably the shittiest burger Elias had ever eaten but it was 10 times better than the prison food so he let himself enjoy it anyway.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments Seeing the look on Elias's face Wesley couldn't help but smirk and comment, "Well at least it's better than McDonald's." Even in knowing that Elias wouldn't know what the was much less what it tasted like. With how long he'd been imprisoned. "In any case at least it'll tide you over for a little while." Since it was clear they still had quite a bit they needed to figure out.

message 45: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments “I guess so,” Elias said through a mouthful. He was too hungry to even wait to chew before he swallowed. It took him a few bites to finally get himself to properly chew the burger and revel in it. He ate quickly, sipping his soda and eating some fries here and there as he did.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments The diner really wasn't too busy today. While they ate a few more people came in while others left. Including a woman who had come in a bit after them and sat in one of the father off corners. Wesley wondered for a moment how the diner even managed to stay afloat but quickly his thoughts turned again to their predicament. Wondering just how big of a mess they might be truly in. Once they had seemed to eat as much as they could, which was practically everything, Wesley paid the check and looked to his friend. "Ready to head out?"

message 47: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments Elias didn’t have any money to pay, so he didn’t bother trying to. It was a good thing he had his savings and his emergency savings, otherwise, he might’ve ended up on the streets. “Yeah, I’m ready,” he said, still thinking about a plan. “Let’s go to the car and talk, think about our next destination.”

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments "That's our best bet." Wesley agrees. Having to wonder if Elias already knew where he wanted to go but just was waiting until they got back to the car to say. Hoping he did since the only plan Wesley had so far wasn't too much of one. Leaving the diner with Elias and heading back out to his car. Only once they were both in did Wesley ask, "Well, any ideas?"

message 49: by Eden (new)

Eden Kabeer (edenk) | 47001 comments Elias stood up and followed him out to the car before getting into the passenger’s seat. “Well, like I said, a trap,” he said. “We go somewhere, pretend we’re going to grab... it. And then we get a fake. If someone tries to take it, we trap them. If not... well, then that’s it.”

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 32 comments "And just how many fake things do you have just lying about for us to pretend to check out?" Wesley had to admit, overall it sounded like a decent plan. "Not to mention how does that help you know if the one thing is actually missing or not? Is it very important?" Wesley sure hoped not. Especially if it did turn out to be missing in the long run.

« previous 1