Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Previous BRs - Authors; M - P > Meyer, Marissa; Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) "Informal Buddy Read" Start Date August 2nd, 2014

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 31, 2014 08:23AM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31134 comments Mod

This topic is open for discussion of Cress by Marissa Meyer. Be prepared for SPOILERS.

In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31134 comments Mod
Reserved

message 3: by Lisarenee (last edited Jul 31, 2014 08:27AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Nicole,
I couldn't remember if we decided Saturday or Sunday to start?

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Oh, let's pick Saturday. I don't want to wait!

OddModicum Rachel (oddmodicumrachel) | 126 comments I'm not joining in cause I haven't read the first 2, but so excited to read this series! Hope you guys have a blast with it, and I'll definitely track down discussion when I pick it up, myself. ;P

message 6: by Grace (new)

Grace (stateofgrace11) This book was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G I honestly cannot wait for the next book!

message 7: by Audrey Jane (new)

Audrey Jane | 1552 comments I still need to read this one so I'm in. But will probably join the discussion a bit later.

message 8: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Grace wrote: "This book was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G I honestly cannot wait for the next book!"

It's one of the highest rated books I've seen. I love that instead of a tower, she's locked up in a satellite. I also love how Meyer is tying all the fairy tales together. I remember a librarian asking me about Cinder when I returned it to the library and I told her she needed to read it and I think the books keep getting better. That's it for now. Back to reading.

message 9: by Yzabel (new)

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 160 comments I got the Kindle version, can't wait for a boxed paperback set or something later... Hehe.
I'll join in ASAP.

message 10: by Logan (new)

Logan (loganturner) | 1499 comments I'm starting this one today.

message 11: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Awesome!

message 12: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 4 comments I just finished this book! It was awesome!

message 13: by Logan (new)

Logan (loganturner) | 1499 comments I'm only 10% in or so, but really like it so far. As with the other two, I just love this world. Cress is very sweet and endearing. Love her!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Cress (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Marissa Meyer (other topics)