What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Arranged Mating Paranormal or Fantasy Romance

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 137 comments AGE: A or NA
GENRE: Paranormal or Fantasy Romance
WRITTEN: 1990-present
HEROINE: Any sort of heroine is ok but I really dislike whiny heroines. It would also be nice if she had a backbone, and wasn't wholly dependent on the Hero or TSTL.
HERO: Not fussed, but I do not like heros who are supposed to appear alpha but really are just abusive.

PLOT: Heroine and Hero become 'mated' or married before they are in love either for convenience or because they are forced to. I would prefer a book with a more serious tone instead of a lighthearted comedy.

Thanks for reading.

I would be grateful for suggestions.

- C -

message 3: by Ebookworm2016 (new)

Ebookworm2016 | 186 comments Michelle Hauf— “Her Vampire Husband”

A werewolf princess and a vampire leader marry, to bring peace to the two enemy factions.

message 4: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 137 comments Ebookworm2016 wrote: "Michelle Hauf— “Her Vampire Husband”

A werewolf princess and a vampire leader marry, to bring peace to the two enemy factions."

Jessica wrote: "Nicky Charles"

Thank you both

message 5: by crazy1bad (last edited Jun 10, 2018 09:58AM) (new)

crazy1bad | 188 comments Jessica wrote: "Nicky Charles"

Do you mean that all of Nicky Charles's books fit? I only read The Mating and it fits

message 6: by Jessica (last edited Jun 10, 2018 02:29PM) (new)

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 180 comments Meant to click The Mating, but was in hurry and somehow ended up with author llnk.

Also add The Winter King, not sure if mate was used, but definitely a bonding of sorts.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 180 comments Wildest Dreams This is good too. The heroine switches with an alter version of herself in a different dimension only to pop up there the day the other her is wedding a man the parents arranged for her to wed. Again there is talk of bonding or something similar. And the second book in series seems that it also might fit, I have yet to read that one, pretty high on tbr though.

message 8: by Ebookworm2016 (new)

Ebookworm2016 | 186 comments Oooh...the Winter King suggestion (I like that one) reminded me, for some reason, of.....

“The Fire Lords Lover” by Kathryne Kennedy.

“In a magical land ruled by ruthless Elven lords, the Fire Lord's son, Dominic Raikes, plays a deadly game to conceal his growing might from his malevolent father—until his arranged bride awakens in him passions he thought he had buried forever.”

message 9: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 137 comments Ebookworm2016 wrote: "Oooh...the Winter King suggestion (I like that one) reminded me, for some reason, of.....

“The Fire Lords Lover” by Kathryne Kennedy.

“In a magical land ruled by ruthless Elven lords, the Fire L..."

Jessica wrote: "Wildest Dreams This is good too. The heroine switches with an alter version of herself in a different dimension only to pop up there the day the other her is wedding a man the paren..."

Jessica wrote: "Meant to click The Mating, but was in hurry and somehow ended up with author llnk.

Also add The Winter King, not sure if mate was used, but definitely a bonding of sorts."

Thanks

message 11: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 137 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Shadow Fires"

Thank you

message 12: by Zara (new)

Zara (zara124) | 76 comments Radiance by Grace Draven

message 13: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 137 comments Zara wrote: "Radiance by Grace Draven"

I have already read Radiance and loved it. It is exactly the type of plot I'm looking for. Thank you anyway.

message 14: by Zara (new)

Zara (zara124) | 76 comments How about "Reign the earth"?

message 15: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 137 comments Zara wrote: "How about "Reign the earth"?"

Thanks, I'll check it out.

message 16: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 137 comments bump

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 180 comments Feral Sins fits, shifters

message 18: by Carissa (last edited Dec 19, 2018 01:18PM) (new)

Carissa | 137 comments Jessica wrote: "Feral Sins fits, shifters"

Thanks for the suggestion. I have read Feral Sins but it's a great example of what I'm looking for.