NetGalley Addicts Support Group discussion

Need Help? [Ask the Group] > Wishing for Books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 44 comments Hi all,

Do books I wish for count in my approved/denied ratio? I've been fairly free wishing for things, but if they're going to count against me if I don't get them I'd better rein myself in!

Thanks.

Fictionophile  (fictionophile) | 176 comments To my knowledge, the only books that count toward your ratio are those you have downloaded. So your wish would have to be granted and you would have had to download the title for it to count.

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (butbooksarebetter) | 20 comments Aoife wrote: "Hi all,

Do books I wish for count in my approved/denied ratio? I've been fairly free wishing for things, but if they're going to count against me if I don't get them I'd better rein myself in!

T..."

I don't think the "declined" book requests count against you - I request anything that takes my fancy, but living in AUS I often get denied due to regional issues. However, this has never impacted on my other approvals as far as I know.

Dorie  - Cats&Books :)  (dorie--catsbooks) | 489 comments Aoife wrote: "Hi all,

T..."

Nope they don't count unless they are approved so don't worry :)

message 5: by Renee (new)

Renee | 67 comments I seem to be still learning about Wishes. Apparently, they can become a request( some might already know this, but I did not). Just an FYI.

Thank you for your wish for The Last by Hanna Jameson. We're overwhelmed by your interest in this novel, and we are so excited for you to read it! The Last is now available for Request: http://netgal.ly/8iYF9a

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Oslowski | 35 comments Oh wow. That is nice! I never received an email after wishing for a book, but then again, I normally don't wish for them if the request option isn't available. Good to know though!

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily Veinglory | 7 comments I have had wished books added to my approved list sometimes.