Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta Readers wanted for a modern fantasy novel.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bob (new)

Bob Austin | 21 comments Hey I've been writing my first book of a series 'The Evolution of Magic' and after several drafts I'm looking for people to have a read and let me know what they think.

It's a fictional series, magic in a modern era is the tagline I'm going with. The first book 'Shaping a Hero' (I go back and forth with that title) is in it's 6th draft and I could do with a fresh set of eyes to further improve it.

Let me know if you're interested and I can email over a pdf copy so it can be read on most devices. I've copied the blurb below to give you an idea of the book.

In the modern age, as technology advances, magic is still a key part of society.
Having just graduated from Arkon’s mage academy, Claire Butler is ready to go out into the world and use her talents to help people. The nearby city of Verras seems like the place to prove herself as the Anti-Magic Technologies firm have been working to replace mages altogether. With three of her closest friends at her side Claire can set up and show the value a team of mages has.
But it’s not long before the newly formed team find themselves in over their heads. The city’s efforts to replace mages catches the attention of a dangerous criminal who is happy to show them how powerful magic can be. Soon the thriving city could become a warzone between the psychotic killer, the tech firm and now a mage revolution threatening to boil over.
Claire must learn fast in order to prevent disaster in Verras while keeping her friends safe.
And keep her growing number of enemies away.

message 2: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Stannage (lucestannage) | 4 comments hi if you give it a pink background so I can read it (I have meares irlen syndrome and cant read without a pink background) then I'll give it a go. Send over the first few chapters and I can send back feedback
Luce

message 3: by Bob (last edited Jun 10, 2018 10:57AM) (new)

Bob Austin | 21 comments Lucy wrote: "hi if you give it a pink background so I can read it (I have meares irlen syndrome and cant read without a pink background) then I'll give it a go. Send over the first few chapters and I can send b..."

That's great, I'll make sure to change the background to pink and send a few chapters your way.

Thanks for the interest :)