Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The Kiss Thief
This topic is about The Kiss Thief
Book Clubs! > Naughty Book Club

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,812 (1812 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 36 37

message 1: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (last edited Jun 09, 2018 06:07AM) (new)

Timelord Iain | 17896 comments Mod
Founding Members:

Iain
Laura
Manju
Iniya

This thread is for Classy (romance novel) Buddy Reads... starting with Beard Science on June 9th (today)

message 2: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (last edited Jun 09, 2018 06:03AM) (new)

Reserved

(plan to link books and what page/comment their discussion starts on, for future reference)

message 3: by Em Lost In Books (last edited Jan 23, 2019 06:24AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Read here:
Weekend 1 - Beard Science (Superhit)
2 - Seduction and Snacks (Flop)
3 - The Law of Moses (Hit)
4 - Kulti (Superhit)
5 - The Magpie Lord (Hit)
6 - A Case of Possession(Hit)
7- Wolfsong/Flight of Magpies (Superhit/Okayish)
8- Sea Swept (Oakyish)
9 - Dr. Strange Beard/Ravensong (Okayish)
11 - Broken (Flop)
12 - Dear Aaron (Okayish)
13 - Not So Nice Guy (Flop)
14 - Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating (Oakyish)
15 - Archer's Voice (hit)
16 - The Heart's Invisible Furies (superhit)
17 - Neanderthal Seeks Human (hit)

I think I have missed few books to update here. :/
===========================================
1) The Kiss Thief (Okayish)
2) Acquisition by Celia Aaron (Okayish)

message 4: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

Laura said the name was getting too long... so I shortened it...

message 5: by Miche (new)

Miche | 3175 comments Ohhhh, that sounds fun! How often you will be reading them?

message 6: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (last edited Jun 09, 2018 06:15AM) (new)

Have you read Pride by Shelly Laurenston?... the Tennessee Smith Clan from The Mane Attraction and a few other books kinda remind me of the Winston Brothers... that's ridiculous PNR tho... totally different kind of book...

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments it sounds good too.

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Miche wrote: "Ohhhh, that sounds fun! How often you will be reading them?"

Iniya and I read a romance every weekend. so we will use this thread every weekend.

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Iain wrote: "Have you read Pride by Shelly Laurenston?... the Tennessee Smith Clan from The Mane Attraction and a few other books kinda remind me of the Winston Brothers... that's ridiculous PNR ..."

seeing it first time. looks good and it has shapeshifters, will definitely try it sometime.

message 10: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

I think the plan is weekly... I dunno if I'll have time to participate in every one, but I hope to participate in some...

From what Manju said, she and Iniya have been doing this for at least a few weeks, and me and Laura are speed-reading additions...

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments yayyyyy, we have a thread and more people...

Hello girls..😀😀

I just started rereading the book...!!!

message 12: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (last edited Jun 09, 2018 06:26AM) (new)

Manju wrote: "Iain wrote: "Have you read Pride by Shelly Laurenston?... the Tennessee Smith Clan from The Mane Attraction and a few other books kinda remind me of the Winston Brothers... that's ri..."

Shelly Laurenston has a pretty unique writing style and sense of humor... all her books have the same vibe... everything but Call of Crows is connected... Magnus Pack is her earliest/weakest work, and is basically Paranormal Erotica... Pride adds a lot more story to the plot, and is much better... and she recently started the Honey Badgers series that comes after Pride...

I say just start at the beginning of Pride and you won't be missing much... each book tends to follow a side character from previous books...

This is also one of the few series I've found that plays with shifter hybrids... I wish there was more of that out there

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Iniya wrote: "I just started rereading the book...!!!"

already? O.o

am starting now.

P.S: Iain is a boy. :P

message 14: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

Iniya wrote: "yayyyyy, we have a thread and more people...

Hello girls..😀😀

I just started rereading the book...!!!"

It's always Iain and the girls for romance... I remember Mayim said something back in the Sevenwaters thread, I think... (I'm a dude)

message 15: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

Manju wrote: "Iniya wrote: "I just started rereading the book...!!!"

already? O.o

am starting now.

P.S: Iain is a boy. :P"

I'll start later today/tonight after Dark Sky...

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Manju wrote: "Iniya wrote: "I just started rereading the book...!!!"

already? O.o

am starting now.

Ohmygod Oops.. *facepalm* Sorry Iain... :-O Hello, btw😊

message 17: by Miche (new)

Miche | 3175 comments Can I randomly join depending on the book? I don't want to commit to a tight schedule anymore. :)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments You are most welcome. Join whenever whichever title catch your fancy. 😁

message 19: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

Iniya wrote: "Manju wrote: "Iniya wrote: "I just started rereading the book...!!!"

already? O.o

am starting now.

Ohmygod Oops.. *facepalm* Sorry Iain... :-O Hello, btw😊"

No problem... I'm not exactly your normal romance fan :)

message 20: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Ohoho, nice name!
Same as Miche, I might join from time to time, if you'll have me :)

message 21: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5048 comments Iain wrote: "
It's always Iain and the girls for romance... I remember Mayim said something back in the Sevenwaters thread, I think... (I'm a dude)
"

Maybe it's time to become Lain again 😂😂😂

message 22: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

Miche wrote: "Can I randomly join depending on the book? I don't want to commit to a tight schedule anymore. :)"

Romance is much less locked into a continuing narrative than other genres...

Beard Science is the 3rd Winston Brothers book, and is connected to the Knitting in the City series, but all you miss are some cameos, really... there's probably only 1-2 Skype knitting club meetings throughout the book, if I recall...

And I'm planning to come and go as time permits, myself... the more the merrier... the FBR motto...

message 23: by Virginie (last edited Jun 09, 2018 06:43AM) (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Iain wrote: "Reserved

(plan to link books and what page/comment their discussion starts on, for future reference)"

Don't know if you already know this trick, but I discovered something quite handy for this the other day. If you click on a comment's timestamp, you get a direct link to the comment/page.

message 24: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

Anni wrote: "Iain wrote: "
"

Maybe it's time to become Lain again 😂😂😂"

message 25: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Finally got around here.
Hi Iniya - I think this is our first BR together. :)

How do you girls usually do this? Do you read the book in 1 or 2 days or extend it?
And am I the only one who hasn't read Beard Science yet?! Everyone seems to be doing a reread.

message 26: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

I think I've hit the highpoints in most genres I've read a lot in... Fantasy/Sci-fi was one of my weak points before joining FBR... Wheel of Time burnout...

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments @Iain: that gif is 👌👌

@Laura: usually the books are less than 400 pages and lighter stuff. Sometimes we end up reading it in day. But I don't think we took more than two days for a book.

because it's the first time you are reading this author.

I made Iniya read Penny Reid last year. She jumped straight to Winston Brothers 3, after I told her great and fun this book was.

message 28: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

I find romance goes quicker because it's heavier on dialogue... they take me less time to read than other genres, anyway... at least when I was reading on my Kindle... now it's limited by 2x narration speed

message 29: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments I'll start it tonight then, as soon as I'm done with Sorcerer's Legacy.

message 30: by Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (last edited Jun 09, 2018 08:16AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments @Iain Gif is apt 😆😆

@Laura yes... our first BR here... I know very few people here ... Getting acquainted slowly..

Manju generally reads the weekend book in a day... I vary from 1-2 days depending upon my free time...!
And I will generally be more active in GR during weekdays.!

message 31: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

This audiobook is taking some getting used to... the narrator for Jenn has a Tennessee accent, I assume... I haven't reached Cletus's narrator yet... (view spoiler)

^^that's kind of a big plot spoiler... but it's a pretty obvious one, if you've read the first chapter and have any idea about how these types of plots play out...

message 32: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (last edited Jun 09, 2018 10:53AM) (new)

Chapter 2-3: (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3909 comments I want to join your group but I'll wait till you read a first in a series since I haven't read the series you guys are currently on.

message 34: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

I'm pretty sure they just jumped into this one on book 3... I'm pretty sure the plan is to jump around and not just read a single series... a lot of the books recommended to Laura were standalones...

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments The book we picked for this weekend was the kiss quotient, and I didn't like it. We're planning to reread Beard Science for sometime, so decided to read it as we still had Sunday.

In chapter 8

(view spoiler)

message 36: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

Yea... I'm near the end of chapter 11... (view spoiler)

message 37: by Zaara (last edited Jun 09, 2018 11:43PM) (new)

Zaara | 4273 comments Y'know with that kind of thread title, the spoilers on here had just better be suitably (view spoiler)
But I'm here to raise an official protest abt collusion and cromyism in the founding membership. And I am very angry...😬
How dare you scurvy lot name and dedicate a thread to romance without FBR's reigning queen Empress of all things romantic #Sha? @Manu, this thread is incomplete without Sha. You know. And since she anyway reads a romance or so each week...
+ Virginie, won't you come here sometimes too? Look...Weaponsmistress Dragonchild is here...
Me I will just stand over here by (the new and so vastly improved she is almost unrecognizable) Satin and be irreverent abt all things romance. Esp all things modern romance.Y'all will need some uncouthness lest everything get too pink and shchshshmoooooschy. So we will be the oppressors.

And let me begin the buzzkillin' with (view spoiler)

Iain wrote: "It's always Iain and the girls for romance..."

Now when you go and be SO shamelessly modest like that...
(view spoiler)
Did you really think I would let that really ugly post on my tracker...all the way bk from once upon a time...go unredressed?

Ok sorry y'all....couldn't resist...get on with the BRs. I go now, ok bye.
EDIT to remove ugly spacing...

message 38: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments @Zaara - collusion and cromyism? (*scratching head with my knewly sharpened dagger and deciding to look for the dictionary*) 😁😁😁

I didn't get much reading done yesterday evening, being Saturday and all ... And Sunday morning is a no-read zone for me because of, you know, chores and stuff. So I'm only at the beginning of chapter 6

I like the book but can't say I'm crazy about it. Yet anyway. :)

Jennifer is cute and sweet, but I can't really stand (view spoiler)

And Cletus - why do I get the feeling you would need (view spoiler)

I'll be reading more this afternoon after my work is done. Do the rest of you feel different about the characters?

message 39: by Zaara (new)

Zaara | 4273 comments @Dragonchild I was just playing my usual game of *kick* Fimbar
but also seriously inviting @Sha on the thread bcuz seriously nobody can dissect romance like that gal...
But I was doing it with my usual atrocious spelling, of course.
Dahlin' you DO see they all rated it twenty-five staaaaaaaahs?
😂😂😂

message 40: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments @Zaara - I like your 'kick game'. :D
Or did you just tell that because of my newly sharpened dagger? 😁😁😁
I missed your sassy comments on BRs. Do stick around here please. 😘

And I think I'll be the odd one out this time with my criticism of the MCs. (*ouch*)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Hey ya Zee!!

This naughty club is not exclusive or require special entry passes, you just have to look at the title and jump in. 😁

@Laura: when I read the book first time I too had the same issues as you but later on Reid described the circumstances that made these two behave like this.

Also Winstons were not a popular name in the town. Both parties (read town people & Winstons) are cautious while dealing with each other.

message 42: by Zaara (last edited Jun 10, 2018 01:13AM) (new)

Zaara | 4273 comments Oh I'll lurk I promise.
And not just because of the dagger...
Or the rest of your formidable arsenal of weapoms...😈

Btw, may I just say great work and posts on the Janny Wurts BR, xpecially you Lala. You guys have created a fantastic resourcefor everybody + she seems like a lovely person too. You have convinced me (and I'm sure you convinced many others) to try her work. Ima read a lot of Janny Wurts next year.
Oh and 😘 bk

EDIT: heyyyyyyy I'm with you.
I was just cribbing abt Cletus name and his beard. Purely for kicking purposes 😂 bcuz I'm not even reading the book...so that's not a relevant criticism or anything.
But morally I am alwaaaaays on the side of @Mordor in this context...so crib awaaaaaaay, Lala dahlin' and yoicks, wooooop and tallly baaaaallly hooooooo!

SECOND EDIT: And to think I logged on to post one single Emperor of Thorns spoiler and I spent two hours here!

message 43: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

@Zaara: the founding member bit is because the oroginal title was all our names read naughty books...

@Laura: Jumping in without the previous books loses the backstory that allows some leeway to their behavior until you get the details... you'll get them later... and they'll be on even ground before they end up together...

Thinking back, I think a lot of the characters are initially misunderstood or misjudged...

message 44: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments @Iain and Manju - I am keeping an open mind about both the characters. As long as they change a bit and learn as they go along they'll do well by me. And now I'm also curious about the backstory. Will that be a bit explained in this book ar do I have to read the previous books?

@ Zaara - I just finished Sorcerer's Legacy yesterday and I think you could try that a lot sooner then next year. :D It's only 300 pages and really cool.
I believe Iain would love it also. (It's not like Wars of Light and Shadows at all - but waaay lot lighter and it does have audio too ...I think.) Romantasy with sword and sorcery combined - a great mix!
ok. now i'll zip it. 🤐 I just love Janny's books.

message 45: by Zaara (new)

Zaara | 4273 comments Uncle!
So serious. I swear I didn't even mean it....😂
@Sha will you please come here already or my silly attempt to get you here + all their seeeeerious explanations will be worth nothing...

@Laura....will look at it. I gtg now. I swear I gtg.

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Am about to complete the book..
70% done..

I too had problems with both cletus and jenn.. both were extremities, amd they are creepy as well...(view spoiler)

I am having lot of LOL moments in this book.. which I like the best in All penny reid books..😀😀

message 47: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments wow Iniya. You're almost done.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a bit of problems with the characters. :)

I'm going back to reading this in an hour or so and brb here in the evening to open those spoilers.

message 48: by Laura (last edited Jun 10, 2018 04:19AM) (new) - added it

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Manju wrote: "The book we picked for this weekend was the kiss quotient, and I didn't like it. We're planning to reread Beard Science for sometime, so decided to read it as we still had Sunday.

In chapter 8

wh..."

I just read that chapter 9 with Billy and the 'train wreck' and I was laughing so hard!! That whole evening was so great!

And then I got really pissed with Jenn's parents. The way they (view spoiler)

I also like Cletus more and more as the pages fly by. Now I'm looking forward to what comes next and don't wanna stop reading.

message 49: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Chaper 10

(view spoiler) was hillarious!!! 🤣😂 Go Cletus!

And I love this book!

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments "I just read that chapter 9 with Billy and the 'train wreck' and I was laughing so hard!! That whole evening was so great!"

i told you so.:P

as for her parents, parents as such her exists and it's their attitude towards their kids that made the kids feel so little of themselves. they are overbearing and they try to take every decision of their children's life, suffocating the child. perhaps they think that they're protecting their child from the big bad world but in their ignorance they're hurting the child. and that's what happens with Jenn..

keeping my fingers crossed till you finish the book. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 36 37