What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Dromer
This topic is about Dromer
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA revolution secret island, 2 boys and a girl, dad shot, mother became crazy, want to destroy the system, no art anymore. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chloë (last edited Jun 09, 2018 01:15AM) (new) - added it

Chloë (chloe_jans) | 3 comments I think I read this book between 2015 and 2017. Title is the name of one of the main characters. It has something to do with being an artist or something like that. In the background of the cover there are other names of terms in the book. It's about a world where the people are put in a sort of faction, there are workers and leaders I think, and artists but nobody gets to be an artist anymore. There is a boy, lets call him A, and another boy B, is bought to him as a guard. A sometimes goes behind a curtain to do something in his cell and he hides a paper in his underwear. I think his dad was a painter and was shot in front of his eyes and his mother became crazy. A and B escape together and they go in a car and later to a secret island and they meet a girl at the island but the girl likes B but A and B like the girl. Sometimes planes fly over their heads and they need to hide and act like nobody is on the island. There also is a really weird old man on the island. They do go back to the capital. A famous singer helps them. B and the girl make love in a car?

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36622 comments Mod
Can we eliminate Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry?

message 3: by Chloë (new) - added it

Chloë (chloe_jans) | 3 comments Kris wrote: "Can we eliminate Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry?"

It's not that book :)

message 4: by Chloë (new) - added it

Chloë (chloe_jans) | 3 comments I found it! It was Dromer! solved!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36622 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Chloë. Thanks for the update.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Gathering Blue (other topics)
Dromer (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lois Lowry (other topics)