Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVES > July Battle of the Books Nominations

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Please leave suggestions for the July Battle of the Books below.

Theme: Twins/Clones

* Only young adult books will be accepted.
** Books that do not fit the theme will not be included in the poll.
*** Check group bookshelf before making any suggestions. Only books that are not already on the shelf will be included in the poll. | Group Bookshelf

You may nominate more than one pair.

This thread will be closed on 6/20 or as soon as we reach 10 pairs.

Thanks!

message 2: by Louie (new)

Louie | 110 comments Untwine by Edwidge Danticat vs. One by Sarah Crossan .

The Twin's Daughter by Lauren Baratz-Logsted vs. The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver .

message 3: by Kaitlyn (last edited Jun 09, 2018 03:04PM) (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments The first pair is Clones, the next two are Twins, and final pair is Twins vs Clones. I wasn't sure if it was a Twins vs Clones battle or an either or ... so I went with variety! lol

Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver vs The Originals by Cat Patrick
Dividing Eden (Dividing Eden, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau vs Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends, #1) by Kelley Armstrong
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson vs Gemini by Sonya Mukherjee
Bumped (Bumped, #1) by Megan McCafferty vs Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver

message 4: by Farren (new)

Farren (mmmcookies) | 859 comments Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver vs Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1) by Heather Hildenbrand

message 5: by Misty (last edited Jun 09, 2018 06:36PM) (new)

Misty | 633 comments Theme: Twins

The Diminished by Kaitlyn Sage Patterson VS. Dividing Eden (Dividing Eden, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau
Dualed (Dualed, #1) by Elsie Chapman VS. The Diminished by Kaitlyn Sage Patterson

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Alright! Only one more pair is needed!

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 1 comments The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli vs. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

message 8: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments Lauren wrote: "The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertallivs.Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell"

These were the first two books I wanted to add to this book battle ... but they're both on the shelf already :(

message 9: by Katriann (last edited Jun 11, 2018 10:57PM) (new)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments Identical by Ellen Hopkins vs. This Side of Home by Renée Watson

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Whoops! Miscounted, we still need two more pairs. As you can tell I suck at math. lmao

message 11: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Whoops! Miscounted, we still need two more pairs. As you can tell I suck at math. lmao"

??? ... I count 10 (unless some of mine don't count?)

1. Untwine by Edwidge Danticat vs One by Sarah Crossan
2. The Twin's Daughter by Lauren Baratz-Logsted vs The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
3. Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver vs The Originals by Cat Patrick
4. Dividing Eden (Dividing Eden, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau vs Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends, #1) by Kelley Armstrong
5. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson vs Gemini by Sonya Mukherjee
6. Bumped (Bumped, #1) by Megan McCafferty vs Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver
7. Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver vs Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1) by Heather Hildenbrand
8. The Diminished by Kaitlyn Sage Patterson vs Dividing Eden (Dividing Eden, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau
9. Dualed (Dualed, #1) by Elsie Chapman vs The Diminished by Kaitlyn Sage Patterson
10. Identical by Ellen Hopkins vs This Side of Home by Renée Watson

None of these appear to be on the shelf already.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Kaitlyn wrote: "Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Whoops! Miscounted, we still need two more pairs. As you can tell I suck at math. lmao"

??? ... I count 10 (unless some of mine don't count?)

1. [bookco..."

Ah! I missed Louie's! Thank you! I'll try to get the poll up tomorrow. :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.