Books for Christian Teens Around the World discussion

Favorite Books

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy Kathleen (new)

Amy Kathleen | 29 comments Mod
My favorite book is Keeper of the Lost Cities, then The False Prince. I also enjoyed the Thirteen Treasures series, The Michael Vey series, Peter Nimble, Wanderville, The Mysteries in Middlefield series, The Dork Diaries series, and 100 Cupboards.

message 2: by T.C. (new)

T.C. Slonaker Michael Vey - is that by Richard Paul Evans? I love his books.

My all-time favorite book (other than the Bible) is To Kill a Mockingbird. I also loved the Chronicles of Narnia.

Of course, I have read some good books this year too. I really enjoyed The Book Thief and Divergent.

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherinemurphy) My favorite books are To Kill a Mockingbird, The Hunger Games trilogy, Divergent (I have yet to read Insurgent and Allegiant), The Chronicles of Narnia, and so many others! Pivot Point by Kasie West is also a great book. :)

message 4: by T.C. (new)

T.C. Slonaker Wow, we like a lot of the same books! (I liked the Hunger Games too, when I read them. Now, my daughter is so obsessed by everything HG, I almost can't stand it.) I think I will need to check out Pivot Point.

message 5: by Lena (new)

Lena (lenakarynn) My favorite book is Lord of the Rings. Tolkien is a genius!!!! I also love Narnia, and the books by Elizabeth George Speare. The Door Within trilogy is amazing, too.

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherinemurphy) Catherine wrote: "My favorite books are To Kill a Mockingbird, The Hunger Games trilogy, Divergent (I have yet to read Insurgent and Allegiant), The Chronicles of Narnia, and so many others! Pivot Point by Kasie Wes..."

Haha, girls tend to do that: become unnecessarily obsessed with books of sorts. :P

message 7: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherinemurphy) T.C. wrote: "Wow, we like a lot of the same books! (I liked the Hunger Games too, when I read them. Now, my daughter is so obsessed by everything HG, I almost can't stand it.) I think I will need to check out P..."

I have yet to read the Lord of the Rings. I should get around to that. :) I have, however read The Hobbit and enjoyed that book.

message 8: by Lena (new)

Lena (lenakarynn) The Hobbit is great!! :) And I highly recommend Lord of the Rings. It is amazing!!!!!

message 9: by T.C. (new)

T.C. Slonaker I will admit. I had to read The Hobbit in school, and found it hard to get through. Lord of the Rings was much better. But the story is fascinating, and I love the movies.

message 10: by Amy Kathleen (new)

Wow, I've heard those were great books, though I've never gotten around to reading them myself. I might have to look up a few of those books too, they all sound so good! ;-)

message 11: by Amy Kathleen (new)

T.C. wrote: "Michael Vey - is that by Richard Paul Evans? I love his books.

My all-time favorite book (other than the Bible) is To Kill a Mockingbird. I also loved the Chronicles of Narnia.

Of course, I have..."

Yes! It's a great series. The only problem I had with it though is a few words and (spoiler) Michael and Taylor kiss. :-/ I am not a fan of reading books with such content, but I couldn't put the book down it was so good.

message 12: by Sara (new)

Sara Maring | 2 comments My favorite books are the Percy Jackson series, Heroes of Olympus series, and pretty much anything written by Rick Riordan. I also like the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. The Unfinished Song series by Tara Maya is good but can be a bit inappropriate. I also like books by R.L. Stine, the Wolves of Mercy Falls series, and manga.