Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Truth About The Neutron Bomb: The Inventor Of The Bomb Speaks Out
This topic is about The Truth About The Neutron Bomb
Book Cover Help > As a librarian I can't figure out how to upload front cover art

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Robert Strupp | 15 comments 6.8.18 ... as a librarian I've read Goodreads Help Topic / UPLOAD PHOTO

It reads: ...To add a photo, browse an image on the top right where it says "Add a cover image for this book." Then click on "upload photo." WELL, I am not seeing the "Add a cover image for this book" anywhere.
Can someone advise me where I might find that? I have several books on my 600+ 'Read' books that also need cover images. And I have personal photos of actual book cover of the book I own.

Thanking in advance, Robert

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45508 comments Mod
To become a librarian, you have to apply for that status and be approved. Everyone is welcome to join this group, but doing so doesn't make you a librarian.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7173 comments You're not a GR librarian - I can tell because it doesn't say "GR Librarian" beneath your photo on your profile page. That said, if you upload a cover photo to your profile and post in this folder, someone will work to add them for you. Your profile is limited to 15 photos, so after the cover gets uploaded you can delete it from your profile.

Robert Strupp | 15 comments Why does it state on the 'Goodreads Librarians Group,' on the last line before the '...Board' 'You are a member,' then? With 1,200 books posted, I sure as heck know I'm a Goodreads member. Oh well, I don't want to be one anyway.

Okay, thanks for responding. I'll upload one cover photo to my to my profile (if I can figure that out) and then post a note here.

Thanks again, Robert

Robert Strupp | 15 comments Uh, yeah, I can see now, 6.8.18 12:11 AZ, that the cover to 'The Truth About the Neutron Bomb' is currently appearing on my page. It is not the photo I have of the same exact cover, bc my image doesn't not have a Library label on the bookend.

Thanks to whomever. Much appreciated.

(Now, I will proceed to 'collect' the titles on all the books I have read, that as of 6.8.18 12:14AM AZ do not have a cover image on Goodreads.)

Robert

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45508 comments Mod
Robert wrote: "Why does it state on the 'Goodreads Librarians Group,' on the last line before the '...Board' 'You are a member,' then?"

You are a member of the Goodreads Librarians Group, which is open to both Goodreads Librarians and other users.

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25109 comments Robert wrote: "Uh, yeah, I can see now, 6.8.18 12:11 AZ, that the cover to 'The Truth About the Neutron Bomb' is currently appearing on my page. It is not the photo I have of the same exact cover, bc my image doe..."

I took the liberty of adding a few covers to your books, since adding covers to books that have none is my favorite thing to do as a librarian. If you've a better scan, I'd be happy to replace it (or whoever else wants to do it, since I am going out in a short while.)