Chicks On Lit discussion

Archive 08-19 GR Discussions > The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane - Special Announcement!**UPDATED 8/21**

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (last edited Aug 15, 2009 09:37AM) (new)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) I am so excited to let all of you know that author Katherine Howe has graciously offered to answer questions for us on September 1st!

Monica and I have worked out the details and what we will all do is post our questions prior to 9/1 (in a thread I'll create for them) and depending on her availability, Katherine will either answer them directly on here or I will email her all the questions and then post her reply to my email in the thread.

There's also a surprise for discussion participants (hoping to include all but we'll have to see how many total we have), but you'll have to wait a little longer before I reveal what it is!

message 2: by Holli (new)

Holli Very cool Jo, thanks so much for arranging that! I need to get this book and get it read... don't think I'll make it for the discussion but I will enjoy from the sidelines!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) She & I were Tweeting on Twitter about the book, the discussion, etc. and we finally hooked up via email last week or so. She's so nice!

Lol Brenda! I agree great minds think alike!

I'm glad it's worked out Holli! I can't wait for you to read this novel! Like me, you like things with a touch of the paranormal - this novel does it brilliantly, not too much to make it unbelievable yet enough to make it so realistic! And I will say, there are a couple of things which the main character experiences that I have experienced myself! (I won't tell you what until you've read it).

message 4: by Monica (new)

Monica (imelda85) Thanks for getting all of this together, Jo!! What an awesome oppertunity!!

I'm anxious to hear about some of your experiences as well!!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) You're welcome Monica!

I'll share them in the other threads! ;-)

message 6: by Vikki (new)

Vikki | 304 comments Jo wrote: "I am so excited to let all of you know that author Katherine Howe has graciously offered to answer questions for us on September 1st!

Monica and I have worked out the details and what we will al..."

Hey this is fantastic! I just started the book and I can't wait to get to the end!

message 7: by Monica (new)

Monica (imelda85) Vikki wrote: "Jo wrote: "I am so excited to let all of you know that author Katherine Howe has graciously offered to answer questions for us on September 1st!

Monica and I have worked out the details and wh..."

I'm glad you're starting the book Vikki! It will be fun to chat with you about it!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Can't wait to talk it up with you Vicki! Don't feel you have to rush, you can visit the discussion any time and no matter when you finish!

message 9: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments How exciting! I am still on hold for this book at the library.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) I can't wait for you to read it Cindy and I hope you like it!

message 11: by Valerie (new)

Valerie That is so cool- thanks for setting this up, Jo! This book just came in for me at the library and I am so excited to start it!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) :-)

Hope you enjoy it Valerie!

message 13: by Cindy (last edited Aug 19, 2009 08:25AM) (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments I can't wait to read it either! I had it in my hands at the bookstore but it's like 24.99 so I just couldn't spend that much on one book (but may have to break down and buy it!)

message 14: by Monica (new)

Monica (imelda85) Cindy wrote: "I can't wait to read it either! I had it in my hands at the bookstore but it's like 24.99 so I just couldn't spend that much on one book (but may have to break down and buy it!)"

I know what you mean, Cindy! I usually prefer paperbacks because they are cheaper brand new, but every now and then I see a particular book that really grabs my attention and I have to pre-roder it! That's what I did for Deliverance Dane! With my Barnes and Noble membership, I pre-ordered it for just under $16.00. It was a bit of a splurge, but I couldn't resist!

message 15: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments Jo, that's fantastic of you to arrange!!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Cindy wrote: "I can't wait to read it either! I had it in my hands at the bookstore but it's like 24.99 so I just couldn't spend that much on one book (but may have to break down and buy it!)"

You could go online to B&N.com - it's $16.89 for non B&N Members and $15.20 for Members! I've never paid more than $2.99 for shipping (and usually if you spend over $25, you get free shipping!). OR they have the e-book for $9.99!!! I paid $15.59 before tax in store.

message 18: by Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (last edited Aug 31, 2009 06:55AM) (new)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Ok, the surprise I mentioned above is... (Drum roll) Katherine sent me autographed book plate stickers to send to you! I have a list of everyone in the discussion so far, which I'm going to post below. (If I've missed anyone, I'm sorry! Please leave me a comment below so I can add you to the list!)

If you do NOT want a book plate, please post a comment here telling me. If you do, please message me your name and address so I can start getting these out. Thanks!!!

Haven't heard from:
Wendy
Mary
Cindy

Yay's:
Allhug
Vikki
Valerie
Laura
Caltman
Tanja
Brenda
Monica
(me!)
Christy
Aksana

Nay's:
Tiffany
Brenda
Elena
Tera

message 19: by Elena (new)

Elena | 129 comments That is awesome! But, I'll pass since have a Kindle edition.

message 20: by Elena (new)

Elena | 129 comments That is awesome! But, I'll pass since have a Kindle edition.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Elena wrote: "That is awesome! But, I'll pass since have a Kindle edition."

Are you sure Elena?

message 22: by Elena (new)

Elena | 129 comments Yes, it is a sticker to put on the book, no?

message 23: by Ally (new)

Ally (goodreadscomuser_allhug) What is a Kindle Edition?

message 24: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments Thanks Jo for the info on the book and also for the surprise!!

message 25: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 92 comments Jo,
Thank you for arranging such a nice surprise. I use a Sony ereader, so feel free to pass my sticker along to someone who joins the discussion late.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Elena wrote: "Yes, it is a sticker to put on the book, no?"

True but if you really wanted one, you could find some place else for it, lol! No worries - not trying to force ya!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Brenda wrote: "Jo wrote: "Ok, the surprise I mentioned above is... (Drum roll) Katherine sent me autographed book plate stickers to send to you! I have a list of everyone in the discussion so far, which I'm go..."

That's very sweet of you Brenda and I will thank her for you! And you're welcome!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Tiffany wrote: "Jo,
Thank you for arranging such a nice surprise. I use a Sony ereader, so feel free to pass my sticker along to someone who joins the discussion late. "

Thanks Tiffany!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Cindy wrote: "Thanks Jo for the info on the book and also for the surprise!! "

Anytime! :~)

message 30: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments I'll put the autograph book plate on the INSIDE of my Kindle's cover. Boo-yeah! A lil treasure trove. Thanks Jo! PMing ya now!

message 31: by Elena (last edited Aug 21, 2009 01:15PM) (new)

Elena | 129 comments Allhug wrote: "What is a Kindle Edition?"

It is the ebook from Amazon, so I don't have a book to put the sticker on.
Maybe the authors should start this trend, and then we can have our Kindles covered with all the stickers :)

message 32: by Monica (new)

Monica (imelda85) Oh, wow!!!!! That is so awesome, Jo! Thank you so very much!!! What a wonderful surprise! Tell Katherine thank you! I can't wait to get it, what a special edition to our books!!!! :)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) LOL Tanja!

I'll definitely pass along your thanks Monica!

I'll get these out during the week.

message 34: by Monica (new)

Monica (imelda85) Jo! I just sent you a message, I'm laughing because I totally didn't get your message until just now about the signed inserts! LOL! I'm so sorry I missed it!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) No Worries Monica! ;)

message 36: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
Thanks for the offer but I'm a library girl too I don't actually own the book. Very cool of her to do though. I really appreciate the generosity of authors.

message 37: by Roberta (new)

Roberta (wwwgoodreadscomrooonuma) | 59 comments Allhug wrote: "What is a Kindle Edition?"

The Kindle Edition of a book is the Electronic version. It is an E-Book Reader that allows you to hold thousands of books on a 10 oz device. You can check it on Amazon. I have had one for over a year and I am completely satisfied.

message 38: by Laura (new)

Laura (gutenberggirl) | 15 comments I'm just getting to this exciting thread and would LOVE to have a signed book plate. Please include me and THANK YOU JO!!

message 39: by Laura (new)

Laura (gutenberggirl) | 15 comments I'm just getting to this exciting thread and would LOVE to have a signed book plate. Please include me and THANK YOU JO!!

message 40: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (brenlouhen) Elena wrote: "That is awesome! But, I'll pass since have a Kindle edition."

Me too.

message 41: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (brenlouhen) Roberta wrote: "Allhug wrote: "What is a Kindle Edition?"

The Kindle Edition of a book is the Electronic version. It is an E-Book Reader that allows you to hold thousands of books on a 10 oz device. You can che..."

I read SO MUCH more now since I got my Kindle in December. Books are cheaper and you don't have to carry a big book or books around. Plus, I HATE holding pages open, especially if I am reading in bed.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Sure Laura & Brenda! Just message me your name & address!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Thanks for letting me know Tera!

I just had an idea: I'm going to get a really nice thank you card and send it to Katherine once we've finished up, sign it from Chicks on Lit & list all of our names!

message 44: by Aylin (last edited Aug 22, 2009 06:15PM) (new)

Aylin | 24 comments
message 4: by Jo
08/15/2009 04:15PM

".... I can't wait for you to read this novel! Like me, you like things with a touch of the paranormal - this novel does it brilliantly, not too much to make it unbelievable yet enough to make it so realistic! ..."

Jo: I have thought a few times that you may like "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) I've heard a lot about the Outlander series on GR but never looked at any of them - thanks for the reccomend Aylin!

I'll update the ist above tomorrow or Tues and start getting these book plates out this week. (Cant edit posts from my cell and I don't bring my laptop up to our weekend/vacation place on purpose - my cell service is shotty up here too & I don't mind!!! Keeps me reading, writing & relaxing!)

message 46: by Valerie (new)

Valerie How cool! Thanks, Jo!

PS- I also loved the Outlander series. So good. :)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) List above has been updated! If you haven't let me know one way or another, please do so asap, thanks!

message 48: by Aksana (new)

Aksana | 68 comments Thank you, Jo! Sorry, I just saw this thread! I am so excited so please put me on the list! I am about to PM you. and BIG THANKS to Katherine!!!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) You're welcome Aksana!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Brenda wrote: "Elena wrote: "That is awesome! But, I'll pass since have a Kindle edition."

Me too."

Please message me your last name and full address. Thanks!

« previous 1