What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical romance where a bastard ruins a widow's reputation so she’ll be forced to marry him

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meg (new)

Meg | 1 comments I read this book like 7 years ago but I never finished it and I randomly remembered it last week and it’s driving me crazy because I can’t find it. If I remember correctly the chick is a widow who doesn’t want to get married again and the guy is a bastard and I think there’s something weird with his feet I don’t remember like he’s missing some toes or something. And I think maybe at one point she gets kidnapped by native Americans near the beginning but I don’t entirely remember. But he wants to marry her and she doesn’t really like him and he has one of the servants make her bring him like a picnic or something and then he either seduces her or makes it look like they had sex when a servant walks by and discovers them, and then to save her reputation she has to marry him, and then of course they end up falling in love. The cover of the book may or may not have like stitching in red on it, I don’t remember. I know that’s a not a lot of details and the ones I have are not very helpful but this is driving me crazy, someone please help me.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Jun 10, 2018 11:19AM) (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
- The Way to a Duke's Heart by Caroline Linden?
- Secrets of a Scandalous Bride by Sophia Nash?

Meg, what's the time period and location (country, region, big city/small town)?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40728 comments Mod
Meg, are you still looking for this or did you find it?