Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Add Book Cover Please

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aaron (new)

Aaron | 68 comments Hi, I'm currently reading Lines & Shadows by Joseph Wambaugh.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

The cover is not found. Would you please upload the cover, which is in the photo section of my profile found here

https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...

Not a lot of information contained in the inside flap of the book like the ISBN number or what edition it is. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you,
Aaron

message 2: by Philip (last edited Jun 08, 2018 09:35AM) (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments So, just to clarify there is no ISBN listed inside or on the back cover of the book (Sometimes it is listed next to the UPC barcode)?

Also, we can create the new edition, but it would be helpful to have the:
Publisher
Publication Date
I See you put those on the page with the cover image.
Format (Paperback/hardcover)

I did find a Hardcover edition from 1984 that had the same cover after I went through and checked editions that did not have covers. Publisher is different, but one could be a sub company of the other.

Lines and Shadows

message 3: by Aaron (new)

Aaron | 68 comments Hi Phillip,

Thanks for replying. The copyright date is 1984. There is a number on the jacket in a box below the picture and bio of J. Wambaugh - 2766, but I don't think it means much. I look inside the book and no ISBN. Jacket states - Book Club Edition after synopsis. No ISBN or edition number. If you can't upload the cover based on lack of information, I'll just use the similar one you provided.

Aaron

message 4: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments I created a new edition here:
Lines & Shadows

Guessing Hardcover since you were mentioning a jacket. If you know the page count we can add that also.

message 5: by Aaron (new)

Aaron | 68 comments Hi Philip,

There are 280 numbered pages. However, if you were to add all the "other" pages before and after #'s, it would be 288.

message 6: by Aaron (new)

Aaron | 68 comments Hi Philip,

Thank you. Also, related to the other book with similar cover, it states: A Perigord Press Book; William Morrow and Company, Inc. New York as publishers. This is a Book Club Edition - as it states on the jacket.

Aaron

message 7: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments What is the content after the last numbered page? That makes a difference if we count the pages. We do not add the pages before to the count.

message 8: by Aaron (new)

Aaron | 68 comments Hi, just one blank sheet of paper.

message 9: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Set it to 280 then.