dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Andrews | 63 comments Mod
Let's decide what to read next!

Here are the rules:

1) Nominate just ONE BOOK!

2) You can SECOND ONE BOOK!

3) Can be paperback or hardcover.

4) You have until August 3rd to nominate a book.

5) Poll will be set up on August 3rd.

6) Must have one nomination and one person to "second" the book to qualify for the poll.

7) You CANNOT nominate your own book!

8) At the end of the poll, the book with the highest votes wins.

I encourage everyone to nominate a book! Books that are seconded will automatically be considered for the September nominations.

message 3: by Vicky (new)

Vicky Henderson | 7 comments I nominate the night circus by Erin morgenstern

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Logan (chrislogan) | 2 comments I'm not current enough to make a nomination of my own but I really enjoyed the Flamethrowers and, perhaps irrationally, that makes me confident there will be a good selection in the poll!

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Andrews | 63 comments Mod
Hi Everyone,

I am guessing because this is a new and relatively small group, we don't have a lot of nominations for the August Group Read and we don't have any novel that was seconded. For that reason, I am going to suggest that we have both nominated books as optional reads for members for August. I myself will read both so I can be able to lead discussions. As we get bigger (and better) we can carry on with the nomination process of seconding and I will set up a poll. If there are books on your to read shelf that you want to get to soon, you might want to consider nominating them for our September group read when the time comes.

I've not quite finished The Flamethrowers but I am enjoying it fully. If there are those of you that need a bit more time to finish, I will leave the discussion threads open so you can participate after August 8th.

Hope to see you on the boards,

Jessica.

"A book must be the axe for the frozen sea within us. That is my belief.” — Franz Kafka

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Girl Who Was Saturday Night (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Heather O'Neill (other topics)