Addicted to YA discussion

Any Questions? > Thoughts on YA fiction essay?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gea (new)

Gea Alberts (geaalberts) | 5 comments I have to write this 15-30 page essay and I decided to do it about YA fiction (or literature, I don't know), but I have no idea what to write about. So I need a topic, and a few subtopics. Any ideas? It would be much appreciated :)

message 2: by Snow (new)

Snow (Booklover12358) | 273 comments popular (divergent, hunger games) and why they're popular and unpopular and why they're not popular?

message 3: by Maria Kaye (new)

Maria Kaye (mkayeoo) Could pick a few dystopian books and talk about the themes present? like the controlling government stuff and compare it to your modern day governments or the conflicts in other countries present atm? :)

message 4: by Gea (new)

Gea Alberts (geaalberts) | 5 comments Thanks! :)

message 5: by Lady Echo (new)

Lady Echo (ladyecho) | 15 comments Discuss the trend of self-conscious girls falling for controlling, stalker boys.

message 6: by Sarah Nichole (last edited Aug 04, 2014 12:30AM) (new)

Sarah Nichole | 60 comments I really really like Maria Kim's idea! You could also talk about Divergent in the way that people are split up into groups of same interests and why that would be effective/ineffective or the pros/cons of it in our society.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know if this is any good but whenever my mum talks about YA fiction she is always just saying that I only read stupid romances about vampires and stuff and that a lot of adults don't understand that YA fiction is not a stereotype of flimsy romance but actually is made up mostly of really intellectual and good books that have hidden messages e.g dystopian is controlling governments and the aftermath of war and stuff