Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > 1st chapters of historical fiction

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Oksana (new)

Oksana W | 140 comments Hello,

I'd love some readers to give some advice about the first chapter of my historical fiction novel. It takes place in WWII Poland. The chapter in question is about 9K. I'll happily read anything you'd like to swap of a comparable length, both opening chapters and stand-alone short stories.

I'll consider all genres, but please give me a few words about what your chapters or short is about, and I will tell you if I think I can provide good feedback.

Please send me a message or an email at AWCardiff@gmail.com
Thanks, hope to hear from you

Anna

message 2: by Judy (new)

Judy Jordan | 6 comments I would love to do some swapping of chapters, although none of mine go much beyond 2,000 words.

I am working on a historical fiction on how families were affected by the border war between Kansas and Missouri. My great great grandparents are in this story along with well known persons with much history available online, in libraries, and local museums. These historical figures include Cole Younger, Senator James Lane, William Quantrill, Bill Anderson, and Harry Truman's family. My fascination in this era is due to it all happening within an hour's drive of my home. In fact, I am pretty sure Cole Younger's family owned my property. I am drawing many parallels between the politics then and that of today.
Please let me know if you are interested.
Thanks!
Judy Jordan

message 3: by Oksana (new)

Oksana W | 140 comments Judy wrote: "I would love to do some swapping of chapters, although none of mine go much beyond 2,000 words.

I am working on a historical fiction on how families were affected by the border war between Kansas..."

Hey Judy,

Thanks for you reply. It sounds like you have a unique project, and I'd love to help if I can. Do you have a segment of the book around 10k you'd like to swap? Or do you only have 2k you're ready to share? If you want to get in touch via email, please contact me at AWCardiff@gmail.com and we can talk more about the swap!

Thanks,
Anna

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric Balson | 36 comments Hello Anna, is this offer still open?

message 5: by Oksana (new)

Oksana W | 140 comments Eric wrote: "Hello Anna, is this offer still open?"

Hello Eric! Sure, it's totally still open. Please send me an email at AWCardiff@gmail.com and we can talk a little more!

Thanks for your post

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Miller | 5 comments Hi Anna,

I have a somewhat similar project I'm working on. It's a collection of short stories, some of which are centered around WWII Poland/Eastern Theater. I'd be happy to read through your chapter if you're interested.

-Michael

message 7: by Oksana (new)

Oksana W | 140 comments Michael wrote: "Hi Anna,

I have a somewhat similar project I'm working on. It's a collection of short stories, some of which are centered around WWII Poland/Eastern Theater. I'd be happy to read through your chap..."

Hello Michael,

Your project sounds really interesting. I'd love to read it! You can send me an email at AWCardiff@gmail.com and we can set up the swap!
Thanks for your comment!