Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The Shadow Rising (The Wheel of Time, #4)
This topic is about The Shadow Rising
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Wheel of Time books 4-14

Comments Showing 1-50 of 207 (207 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (last edited Jul 02, 2018 04:55PM) (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
This thread is for a read of books 4-14.

Requested as a single thread, no set timeline.

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Started this.. Ch 1 (view spoiler)

message 4: by Em Lost In Books (last edited Jun 18, 2018 10:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Hey ini!

started and read 5 chapters. was a bit busy earlier, couldn't come here.

1-5(view spoiler)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments hello granpa!!

long time no see. forgot your grand kids.?:P

you are on book 6. :)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Abhay wrote: "Huh? You guys are reading WoT #4?! How and when did that happen! I'm so proud of you kids! **Tears of joy**

BTW does anyone remember where I had last stopped in this series? I'm lost :("

Hey Abhay :-D How are you..!!

You're on book 6? We will catch up and overtake you in no time ;-P Won't we, Manu?

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Iniya wrote: "You're on book 6? We will catch up and overtake you in no time ;-P Won't we, Manu? ..."

yesss, ini. he is a world famous slacker. ;):P

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Manju wrote: "Iniya wrote: "You're on book 6? We will catch up and overtake you in no time ;-P Won't we, Manu? ..."

yesss, ini. he is a world famous slacker. ;):P"

LOL.. Then we will either overtake him, or drag him to read with us..!!

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Iniya wrote: "LOL.. Then we will either overtake him, or drag him to read with us..!! ..."

do you think he will read with us? *thinks about Harry*;)

am done with chapter 10. and if you think 4 is full of drama and events wait till you reach 10.;)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Manju wrote: "Iniya wrote: "LOL.. Then we will either overtake him, or drag him to read with us..!! ..."

do you think he will read with us? *thinks about Harry*;)

am done with chapter 10. and if you think 4 is..."

My God..!! Don't tempt me and make me sneakread all along.... I want to do some work as well :-P

And I thought about Harry.. No one can be worse than him, isn't it? ;-) *He will kill me if he sees this*

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments trying my best to tempt you but you are not taking the bait. :P

ahem... I think Abhay will give him a run for his money and title. ;)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Manju wrote: "
ahem... I think Abhay will give him a run for his money and title. ;)"

LOLS :-P

trying my best to tempt you but you are not taking the bait. :P

Will perform my best :-P

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Did you see the chapters names? the 56th chapter is named Golden eyes... May be Perrin will shine in this book..!!! I'm expecting to have equal portions of book for Rand Mat and perrin.. Let's see..!!

message 14: by Em Lost In Books (last edited Jun 18, 2018 10:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments for now it's RAND. waiting for your 1-5 reaction.

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Manju wrote: "for now it's RAND. waiting for your 1-5 reaction."

Waiting to finish 5th chapter to open that spoiler :-P

message 16: by Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (last edited Jun 19, 2018 04:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments In 6th chapter now... Reply to your spoiler for 1-5

(view spoiler)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Ch 6. (view spoiler)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Iniya wrote: "In 6th chapter now... Reply to your spoiler for 1-5
..."

(view spoiler)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Iniya wrote: "Ch 6. [spoilers removed]"

lolss... yup, it was so shocking, no? i thought she'd just liked him and here she's like I have loved ever since i saw him. *eye-roll* Not that Rand is complaining. ;P

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Chapter 6-10 (view spoiler)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments @Grampa We are planning to wrap up the series this year :-) 2 books per month is the target...! We would be more than happy if you join and read :-D BR-ing makes reading this series fun, in my opinion..

message 22: by Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (last edited Jun 19, 2018 10:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments 1-5: (view spoiler)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments In ch 9 now. will read the other spoiler soon..!

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Iniya wrote: "1-5: .."

lolsss... yup she's the one. Poor poor Rand. :P

(view spoiler)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Manju wrote: "spoilers removed."

(view spoiler)

Beste | 1163 comments Manju wrote: "..."

Big spoiler time (view spoiler)
Annnnnnnd I'm not telling which until you are done.

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Beste wrote: "Manju wrote: "..."

Big spoiler time You are almost right about everything :)
But 'almost', there is one thing you are not guessing right.
Annnnnnnd I'm not telling which until you are done."

Beste..!!! This is not fair.. -_-.. And which comment of hers are you replying to?

message 28: by Em Lost In Books (last edited Jun 20, 2018 12:11AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Iniya wrote: "Beste..!!! This is not fair.. -_-.. And which comment of hers are you replying to?..."

I, for one is happy, see I guessed "almost" everything right. though don't know what as am also confused about which comment did she reply to.:P:P

Beste | 1163 comments Sorry girls I was talking about comment26.
When I replied it showed spoilers then I stupidly deleted all of it leaving no clue what I'm talking about :))))))))

message 30: by Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (last edited Jun 20, 2018 03:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments 6-10:
(view spoiler)

Beste | 1163 comments Iniya wrote: "6-10:

Moiraine is hiding as usual.. But she atleast revealed the plans to the three..!! So that's an improvement..

Rand-Elayne is there.. And I'm glad that Rand has Elayne to advice him with reg..."

Lanfear too? :) Lol lol lol

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Abhay wrote: "Who is the Amyrlin Seat in the story now?"

Siuan... there has been no change in that till now..

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments In chapter 22 .. (view spoiler)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments And I am not at all liking Nynaeve and Egwene in this book.. :-| :-| Want to slap both of them.!!!

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Finished till Chapter 26: (view spoiler)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments till chapter 30 (view spoiler)

message 37: by Em Lost In Books (last edited Jun 27, 2018 05:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments you know I cheated and skipped 25 & 26, so can't really answer about who will join Rand but it could be Elayne or Aviendha or both

(view spoiler)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Manju wrote: "you know I cheated and skipped 25 & 26, so can't really answer about who will join Rand but it could be Elayne or Aviendha or both

Mat and Rand are into Rhuidean, and what was the tel angreal for?..."

Not that ter angreal manu.. I'm talking about the ter angreal inside Rhuidean.. You missed that too???? (view spoiler)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Manju wrote: "till chapter 30
journey through Ways are never trouble free. this time too they had their own share of difficulties but what i am liking is that the boys (all three) are getting braver and more co..."

(view spoiler)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments @ch 33. What do you think about this Lord Luc?

(view spoiler)

Beste | 1163 comments Only thing that doesn't alter for better is women in this series. I finished 6th book and they keep getting more selfish and cocky. I don't like men dominance all the time but this is not feminism either.

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Beste wrote: "Only thing that doesn't alter for better is women in this series. I finished 6th book and they keep getting more selfish and cocky. I don't like men dominance all the time but this is not feminism ..."

ohmygod...!! I am already not able to tolerate these women :-( And it doesn't get better?

Beste | 1163 comments Iniya wrote: "Beste wrote: "Only thing that doesn't alter for better is women in this series. I finished 6th book and they keep getting more selfish and cocky. I don't like men dominance all the time but this is..."

You'll (weirdly) start accepting them as they are :)))

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments okay I read 25&26, and wow what huge info dump they had but also very fascinating about the Aiel history.

how's Rand is able to summon a sword out of nowhere? O.o (inspiration for Sanderson to create Shardblades?)

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Manju wrote: "okay I read 25&26, and wow what huge info dump they had but also very fascinating about the Aiel history.

how's Rand is able to summon a sword out of nowhere? O.o (inspiration for Sanderson to cre..."

It's with one power I guess... Most likely inspiration for the shardblade..!!!

message 46: by John (new) - added it

John Compton | 163 comments Iniya wrote: "@Grampa We are planning to wrap up the series this year :-) 2 books per month is the target...! We would be more than happy if you join and read :-D BR-ing makes reading this series fun, in my opin..."Wow! I am struggling at one book every 2 months. You guys enjoy! I am about 20% into book 6 (barely keeping up with a BR that is 10 weeks per book).

message 47: by Em Lost In Books (last edited Jun 28, 2018 03:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Chapter 27:

(view spoiler)

Chapter 28:

(view spoiler)

will write thoughts for next few chapters. wrapping up work now.

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Manju wrote: "Chapter 27:

what's with Faile's temper. It keeps running hot and cold. Poor Perrin is always scared like a kitten around her. Sometimes it feels like she's using him, what for I don't know yet. :/..."

you forgot to put in spoilers??

wolves are definitely absent, and from the dream, it seems they are driven out by something bad.. I'm wondering whether it's padan fain? Or some forsaken or is it the so called slayer?

Ch 28.. (view spoiler)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments oops.. i wrote it in word and then just pasted here. :/

message 50: by Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (last edited Jun 28, 2018 03:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 386 comments Ch34, 35

(view spoiler)

« previous 1 3 4 5